Back from injury, Notre Dame’s Sophia Hassel aiming for senior year success

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
In the simplest of terms, you’d be hard-pressed to find an athlete tougher than Notre Dame’s Sophia Hassel.

Hassel, who hasn’t suffered just one ACL injury in her high school career, but two in the past two seasons, has been forced to watch from the sidelines for a good portion of her high school athletic career.

Thanks to two separate ACL tears, she’s missed the entirety of her sophomore volleyball campaign as well as the past two basketball seasons. But this coming fall, as her senior year begins, Hassel is more determined than ever to get back on the court and stay there for good.

After all, this isn’t her first rodeo.

“I’ve been through the whole coming back from injury thing before, so I am confident that I will be strong and ready to go, full-pace for volleyball,” Hassel said. “I am taking it day-by-day, trying to get stronger and more ready. I’m super excited to get back to 100 percent and playing again, especially since it’s my last year to play the sport I love the most.”

Read more:
https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.c...-sophia-hassel-aiming-for-senior-year-success