Army - Navy 2023

Omega

I can still remember the first one I ever watched. It was with my dad and I was 10 years old. It was on the Saturday after Thanksgiving that year on a cold, windy day. Army won. My dad died this past summer. His birthday is tomorrow. I’ll be watching the game with him in spirit.

#1 rivalry in US sports, maybe not at the highest level of the sport these days but it means so much more than the game.

#1 rivalry in US sports, maybe not at the highest level of the sport these days but it means so much more than the game.
Definitely. Anyone who doesn’t watch in awe as the cadets and midshipmen march in to the stadium has something wrong with them. And the joy on their faces in the stands when they flash to them during the game, where they get a few hours away from the academy life grind to cheer for their brothers.

I remember reading the football players at the Academy Schools look forward to football practice because THAT was their break
Slightly off topic, congratulations to Trey Taylor for the Air Force Academy- Jim Thorpe winner. Not often that a Service Academy player gets these types of awards

Great game. The level of play is not great but the competitive spirit, effort, history and ceremony of the game can't be beat.

I enjoy watching this game more than any other, because it doesn't reek with the stench of cheating, NIL money, or what is amounting to opportunists in every facet of the game. It's played for love of the game, taking a back seat to much more important endeavors for the players after the football uniform is replaced by another ,more important one.

I enjoy watching this game more than any other, because it doesn't reek with the stench of cheating, NIL money, or what is amounting to opportunists in every facet of the game. It's played for love of the game, taking a back seat to much more important endeavors for the players after the football uniform is replaced by another ,more important one.
Absolutely!

Unfortunately woke ideology has permeated the military academies. The future high ranking woke officers are being brainwashed at these 2 schools.

Great game. The level of play is not great but the competitive spirit, effort, history and ceremony of the game can't be beat.
Traditionally, one of the most enjoyable games of the year. This year, with neither team making a bowl game, even more so. These are not kids trying to make the NFL, these are kids doing the most with what they have before they go on and do what we all take for granted. So much fun every year.

I have gone to Army-Navy game three times … still my favorite of all time
So I am in the sports business and have been to many different venues, I have been told by a couple folks that a home Army game at Michie Stadium is one of the best. Part of it is the logistics of going which requires amped up security so you just don't park and go to a game, you do a full day with the campus and seeing all the history of the place a big part. As for the game the setting is spectacular, the chopper fly over is cool, and the marching in of the cadets just brings out the pride of place. These reviews are from very seasoned folks too. It is on my bucket list in the next couple of years.

1702333287958.png

Unfortunately woke ideology has permeated the military academies. The future high ranking woke officers are being brainwashed at these 2 schools.
You just had to go there. It's about the purity of the game and the players; no room for political nonsense.

You just had to go there. It's about the purity of the game and the players; no room for political nonsense.
The football game is meaningless compared to the problems caused by the current officers in our military. You go right ahead and enjoy the game, while the rank and file have to endure the terrible decisions made by the officers in the military.

The football game is meaningless compared to the problems caused by the current officers in our military. You go right ahead and enjoy the game, while the rank and file have to endure the terrible decisions made by the officers in the military.
This is the football forum, where the topic is football. I realize that you hold very strong opinions, but this is not the place for such a discussion. Perhaps the " debate " forum will stir more apropos responses.

What good is bringing it here doing but turning ears deaf. At best. At worst? Making people who would otherwise listen not gaf. My impression has been that would be obvious to someone with so much military experience.

Do you really think you've made any new fans to hear you out? 🤷 Were you really looking for a choir? No. Then what military guy wastes time? Time and place, right? If you can't control your urges, what good impression does that give of YOUR military? Unintentionally I'm sure, you're making yourself the main character when it isn't about you or your opinion of current military.

Right now, we're sitting on our duffs. Those kids in the game, let us gve them respect. They're not on that field thinking about your "woke" military between game plays. They're thinking about their teammates. Maybe you could do that? JMHO

Last edited:
What good is bringing it here doing but turning ears deaf. At best. At worst? Making people who would otherwise listen not gaf. My impression has been that would be obvious to someone with so much military experience.

Do you really think you've made any new fans to hear you out? 🤷 Were you really looking for a choir? No. Then what military guy wastes time? Time and place, right? If you can't control your urges, what good impression does that give of YOUR military? Unintentionally I'm sure, you're making yourself the main character when it isn't about you or your opinion of current military.

Right now, we're sitting on our duffs. Those kids in the game, let us gve them respect. They're not on that field thinking about your "woke" military between game plays. They're thinking about their teammates. Maybe you could do that? JMHO
Most people do not understand the issues facing our military. I care about these things, and helping others understand what is going on is important. Were you in the military?

Most people do not understand the issues facing our military. I care about these things, and helping others understand what is going on is important. Were you in the military?
You are fervent and sincere. The point we are making is that this important topic deserves its own thread, perhaps in the "debate" forum. Thank you for your service, but this is about the game and the players.

So I am in the sports business and have been to many different venues, I have been told by a couple folks that a home Army game at Michie Stadium is one of the best. Part of it is the logistics of going which requires amped up security so you just don't park and go to a game, you do a full day with the campus and seeing all the history of the place a big part. As for the game the setting is spectacular, the chopper fly over is cool, and the marching in of the cadets just brings out the pride of place. These reviews are from very seasoned folks too. It is on my bucket list in the next couple of years.

View attachment 51263
Went to one game there … a former player of mine‘s senior day … love the entire thing … campus is great !