? about Jan. 6th....

bigkat

so if 10,000 National guardsmen were sent in to protect the Capitol on that day, do you think any of this would have happened?

with that in mind, why did Nancy and the Mayor REFUSE their services for that day?

What if Donald Trump had fought his inner demon of megalomania and accepted defeat?

His actions and behavior lead to J6 . His actions led to the ruination of many lives. Yet he has hung those people out to dry, giving no support or apology.

The what if game over J6 starts and stops with Donald J Trump.

Never question the government, got it.
I lean conservative. I question the government's actions on a daily basis. I support much of Donald Trump 's MAGA agenda. I voted for him twice.

Yet given what I consider to be his pathological need for self aggrandizement and combativeness, Trump was a failure as an executive in achieving the needed changes and reforms to government he campaigned on.

Trump's strength is his willingness to fight. That is also is his weakness, a flaw exploited by the Democrats and many Republicans. That flaw, it could be argued led to America's plunging towards more government control and less freedom, the antithesis of Trump's MAGA vision.

In the end, Trump's only political accomplishment was denying HRC the presidency. We should give thanks for that.

I lean conservative. I question the government's actions on a daily basis. I support much of Donald Trump 's MAGA agenda. I voted for him twice.

Yet given what I consider to be his pathological need for self aggrandizement and combativeness, Trump was a failure as an executive in achieving the needed changes and reforms to government he campaigned on.

Trump's strength is his willingness to fight. That is also is his weakness, a flaw exploited by the Democrats and many Republicans. That flaw, it could be argued led to America's plunging towards more government control and less freedom, the antithesis of Trump's MAGA vision.

In the end, Trump's only political accomplishment was denying HRC the presidency. We should give thanks for that.
And Biden’s only accomplishment is denying Trump a 2nd term. We need to give even more thanks for that.

And Biden’s only accomplishment is denying Trump a 2nd term. We need to give even more thanks for that.
Sometimes the best defense is a good offense that denies your opponent having the opportunity to score. Of course it makes you wonder if America has a future if our choices in 2024 are the same as 2020.

Obviously. You know, with the great economy, record gas prices and inflation, the disaster at the border, men having babies etc. great times in America. Great times.
Things are great for me. Sorry they suck for you and you are miserable.

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense that denies your opponent having the opportunity to score. Of course it makes you wonder if America has a future if our choices in 2024 are the same as 2020.
It seems to be lining up that way but I still have hope.

so if 10,000 National guardsmen were sent in to protect the Capitol on that day, do you think any of this would have happened?

with that in mind, why did Nancy and the Mayor REFUSE their services for that day?
This is another example of fake news from the right …

The claim that Pelosi rejected Trump’s request for a National Guard presence on January 6 is false.

“The speaker of the House does not have the power to block an order from the commander in chief,” Drew Hammil, deputy chief of staff for Pelosi, told The Dispatch Fact Check via email. “This is fiction.”

Josh Huder, a senior fellow at Georgetown University’s Government Affairs Institute, similarly told The Dispatch Fact Check that “the speaker does not have control of any branch of the armed services.”

“The National Guard can only be activated by the president or a governor,” Huder added. “In the case of D.C., it can only be mobilized by the president of the United States.”

This is another example of fake news from the right …
I think one could argue that after Trump's performance art of June 1, 2020, the Pentagon leadership, backed by Pelosi and Schumer, decided to assume veto power over any DJT use of the military.

Was that unconstitutional coup or a bold move that saved the Republic? Or both?.Just food for thought.

That question never got asked. The media has the power to hide information from you.
Not True.

The decision on whether to call National Guard troops to the Capitol is made by what is known as the Capitol Police Board, which is made up of the House Sergeant at Arms, the Senate Sergeant at Arms and the Architect of the Capitol. The board decided not to call the guard ahead of the insurrection but did eventually request assistance after the rioting had already begun, and the troops arrived several hours later.

The House Sergeant at Arms reports to Pelosi and the Senate Sergeant at Arms reported to McConnell, a Republican who was then Senate Majority Leader. There is no evidence that either directed the security officials not to call the guard beforehand, and Hammill said after the insurrection that Pelosi was never informed of such a request.

Republicans have falsely laid the blame on Pelosi without mentioning that GOP Leader McConnell had similar authority over the security officials that day. But there is no evidence that either was involved in any effort to block the National Guard before or during the insurrection.

Not True.

The decision on whether to call National Guard troops to the Capitol is made by what is known as the Capitol Police Board, which is made up of the House Sergeant at Arms, the Senate Sergeant at Arms and the Architect of the Capitol. The board decided not to call the guard ahead of the insurrection but did eventually request assistance after the rioting had already begun, and the troops arrived several hours later.

The House Sergeant at Arms reports to Pelosi and the Senate Sergeant at Arms reported to McConnell, a Republican who was then Senate Majority Leader. There is no evidence that either directed the security officials not to call the guard beforehand, and Hammill said after the insurrection that Pelosi was never informed of such a request.

Republicans have falsely laid the blame on Pelosi without mentioning that GOP Leader McConnell had similar authority over the security officials that day. But there is no evidence that either was involved in any effort to block the National Guard before or during the insurrection.
So no evidence that they made any effort to block you say? How about a bigger and much more important fact there is no evidence that they made any effort to make sure the Guard was there and in place before the happening.

Not True.

Damn it. Those pesky facts!

So no evidence that they made any effort to block you say? How about a bigger and much more important fact there is no evidence that they made any effort to make sure the Guard was there and in place before the happening.
Why would they? It's never had to be there before. Peaceful transition of power and all. The fact they had to put up additional fencing than what is normal is BS. Put the blame on the rioters not those that were attacked.

To the extent he was a failure it was due to the entire government, both sides, being against him. To the best of his ability he did what he said he would.

Not True.

so what is the Mayor of DC responsibilty on the days leading up to Jan 6th?

Why would they? It's never had to be there before. Peaceful transition of power and all. The fact they had to put up additional fencing than what is normal is BS. Put the blame on the rioters not those that were attacked.
there was intellegence several days before that additional manpower was needed?

you can think that all you want... but the chief of the capitol Police requested it 4 times, and was turned down... there is so much evidence that Trump offered it, and it was turned down.... go educate yourself!!
Do you really believe that if the President of United States demanded them there that they wouldn’t be there …I don’t care what Congress women said … he was the President

I find this strange that it seems Trump suggested National Guard and no one wants to take the blame for that not happening.

please educate yourself..
Why don’t you … because you know I am right

Here is what I have found … seems to support my assertion

The District of Columbia National Guard is the branch of the United States National Guard based in the District of Columbia. It comprises both the D.C. Army National Guard and the D.C. Air National Guard components.

The president of the United States is the commander-in-chief for the District of Columbia National Guard. Command is exercised through the secretary of defenseand the commanding general, Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ), District of Columbia National Guard. The Secretary of Defense has delegated his command authority to the secretary of the Army for the District of Columbia Army National Guard and the secretary of the Air Force for the District of Columbia Air National Guard.[2] The District of Columbia National Guard is commanded by a major general with a brigadier generalas his or her adjutant general. The mayor of the District of Columbia, the United States Marshal for the District of Columbia, or the National Capital Service director may request the commander-in-chief to aid them in suppressing insurrection and enforcement of the law; however, there is no chain of authority from the District of Columbia to the D.C. National Guard.[3]

I find this strange that it seems Trump suggested National Guard and no one wants to take the blame for that not happening.
A President shouldn’t SUGGEST … especially when he has the power to make it happen … if he really wanted them there … they would have been there … if you guys can’t comprehend that then there is no hope … too blinded by fake news by the right

Why don’t you … because you know I am right

Here is what I have found … seems to support my assertion

The District of Columbia National Guard is the branch of the United States National Guard based in the District of Columbia. It comprises both the D.C. Army National Guard and the D.C. Air National Guard components.

The president of the United States is the commander-in-chief for the District of Columbia National Guard. Command is exercised through the secretary of defenseand the commanding general, Joint Force Headquarters (JFHQ), District of Columbia National Guard. The Secretary of Defense has delegated his command authority to the secretary of the Army for the District of Columbia Army National Guard and the secretary of the Air Force for the District of Columbia Air National Guard.[2] The District of Columbia National Guard is commanded by a major general with a brigadier generalas his or her adjutant general. The mayor of the District of Columbia, the United States Marshal for the District of Columbia, or the National Capital Service director may request the commander-in-chief to aid them in suppressing insurrection and enforcement of the law; however, there is no chain of authority from the District of Columbia to the D.C. National Guard.[3]
boy that sounds official.....LOL!!