1-Avon at Browns Stadium
2-Mentor
3-at Coffman
6-TCC
7-Ed's
8-Moeller
9-at X ( probably)

Last edited:
I would love to see Canton McKinley fill the tenth week so we can dropped Massillon Washington from our schedule. It time Canton McKinley move. on
Seriously, now you have pretty much guaranteed that this thread will be hijacked. We would like at least one thread on Yappi not hijacked. Take it to the McKinley or the other school's thread. You meant no harm, but you know how these things work.

I would love to see Canton McKinley fill the tenth week so we can dropped Massillon Washington from our schedule. It time Canton McKinley move. on

BTW I've heard that McKinley has elected to drop the pre-season scrimmage with Ignatius going forward. It appears that a regular season game is not in the cards either

This year, weeks 4 and 5 were filled by Fitch and Hoban. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoban is on the schedule next yr; not sure if the Fitch contract was home and home.

Well, it can't get worse than this year. I thought Ignatius would've been better, but I think the transition from Kyle to Zinger was a lot tougher than anyone anticipated. Freshman starting, injuries and a brutal schedule left no favors. Change isn't easy, and that's especially true when one of the all time great coaches retires. I think it's fair to say Ignatius football is having a bit of an identity crisis without Kyle.

It'll be a long offseason, but a needed one. The guys I know from Ignatius think LeCharles Bentley will get the talent and that Zinger is a good coach. I tend to agree with them. Unlike other programs who have seen their day come and go, Ignatius has the support to make sure this was a one off year and not the new normal. The aforementioned guys I know are really pissed off about the state of the program, as many other alums are I'm sure. But there needs to be some patience in getting it right and the worst is behind you guys now. If you told me in 2008 that Eds was going for their 7th title I'd laugh at you.

On the schedules thread:
1-Avon at Browns Stadium
2-Mentor
3-at Coffman
6-TCC
7-Ed's
8-Moeller
9-at X ( probably)
A lot of home games. Does anyone know what the plan is for the home stadium next year? Back to Byers? Why is the Avon game at the stadium but not the Eds game? I assume the Avon game is a charity event.

If the Eds game is at Wasmer maybe the Great Lakes boys will set up an Eds section on the roof of the brewery :ROFLMAO:

A lot of home games. Does anyone know what the plan is for the home stadium next year? Back to Byers? Why is the Avon game at the stadium but not the Eds game? I assume the Avon game is a charity event.

If the Eds game is at Wasmer maybe the Great Lakes boys will set up an Eds section on the roof of the brewery :ROFLMAO:
Byers won't be in play if the preference is for Friday games. Personally, I think one home field only serves to help the team.

My understanding (from this past summer) was that there was mutual interest by Ignatius and Pittsburgh CC to schedule again in '24. That was before the Wildcats were blown out by PCC in week 3.
The process of scheduling games in PA (and the WPIAL) apparently is different than in OH and any scheduling has to wait to see what weeks PCC will have open. Whether there’s a mutual date when both schools have an open week probably won’t be known until early next year.

Congratulations to the futbol Wildcats who defeated Medina 3-0 in the state semifinals tonight!
Cats will face Moeller, the #1 ranked team in the nation. Could be an epic battle

The Franzinger connection is the reason for the John Marshall game.

Ignatius should stop playing Hoban. The games have not been competitive for 2 years.

So, the schedule looks like this?:

1-Avon at Browns Stadium
2-Mentor
3-at Coffman
4-John Marshall
5-at Hoban
6-TCC
7-Ed's
8-Moeller
9-at X ( probably)
10- Football North again?

Replacing: Springfield, Fitch, Pittsburgh Central Catholic

Probably Glenville during the Ginn, Jr. era.
Ignatius played Glenville in the regular season from 2008-2012 (maybe with a one year gap in 2010, don’t recall), the game against Ginn Jr was a playoff game at Lakewood in 2003. I think they have played a handful of games against Senate opponents since then, maybe around 2015 or so.

Ignatius played Glenville in the regular season from 2008-2012 (maybe with a one year gap in 2010, don’t recall), the game against Ginn Jr was a playoff game at Lakewood in 2003. I think they have played a handful of games against Senate opponents since then, maybe around 2015 or so.
Playoff game was at Bedford but yes 2003. 2009 was at Lakewood

St. Ignatius games vs Cleveland Senate teams during the Chuck Kyle era:

1699924134675.png