2024 Pittsburgh Steelers

Another excellent draft on paper for Khan. It's nice that they're finally building the OL. Should've done that before going after a young QB.

Payton Wilson is really interesting. His knees are the concern, but he played the last two seasons without issues there. Some think he's probably not going to last beyond his rookie deal, but we'll see. He's a freak athlete who can cover and go after the backfield; gives the defense a good deal of flexibility. Could even be used in nickel situations. I suspect he'll be a problem for teams like the Ravens who rely heavily on a primary TE in the receiving game.

Also looks like they could be trading for Courtland Sutton. Pickens, Sutton, Roman Wilson, Austin, etc. would not be bad. Wouldn't mind if they nabbed DJ Chark or something too.
Was just channel surfing and stopped on FSN? cause they were discussing the Steelers. Oslavsky? seems to think the Steelers might be targeting Deebo from the Niners. That would be nice but can they afford him and what would it take in return? Next years #1 and #4? Spitballin’ Is he worth it?

Was just channel surfing and stopped on FSN? cause they were discussing the Steelers. Oslavsky? seems to think the Steelers might be targeting Deebo from the Niners. That would be nice but can they afford him and what would it take in return? Next years #1 and #4? Spitballin’ Is he worth it?

SF wr Deebo Samuel is 28 with two years left on his contract w/ a cap hit of $28.6 mil in 2024, $24.2 mil in 2025 and a dead cap hit of $8.4 mil in 2026. I have no idea how the $$$ would hit SF cap if they traded Deebo. For a team to take on Deebo’s cap hit, I can’t imagine SF getting anything more than a 3rd round pick. I’d guess Deebo would want a new deal as well. Den wr Courtland Sutton may be a more realistic trade target.

It appears the Steelers are going to decline the 5th year option on Najee Harris which should have been $6.79 mil for the 2024 season.

Good but not great, solid and has been durable but in today’s game a RB is expendable. Even at $6.79 mil, that is fairly reasonable. Perhaps Harris wanted to be a free agent after this upcoming season, I do not know. Hopefully Harris maintains his positive attitude and continues to give the effort he has over his career. By all accounts, I have heard he is a solid person so I would expect Harris to play well in 2024.

Browns, Ravens, Steelers have the most difficult schedules for the 2024 season. Cincinnati tied for the 16th most difficult.

Might be targeting...

I may be targeting Alyssa Milano to be my next girlfriend.
I may be targeting a million dollar job.
I may be targeting an 80K pontoon this summer....

I call this all the George Constanza effect......."I know a way we can get Barry Bonds and Ken Griffey Jr. and we won't have to give up that much." -George Costanza.

I do not know why anyone wastes their time with this drivvle.

XYX is targeting..........

Wake me up when someone get signed.

Other than that......honestly peeps, do not waste your time with this and mock drafts.

they signed Scotty Miller from the Falcons.
Well if nothing else there will be a lot of competition for Wr2 and 3 after Pickens. 3-4 guys under 6 ft and 200 pounds. I still think they will work something out for a real #2 before they go to camp. (or maybe not)

Last edited:
Bears coach on Fields:

Watch his eyes. He tries to see the whole thing and doesn’t see anything. His eyes are all over the place and it’s just really hard to watch. It’s just bad football.

I expect him to do nothing at best at worst have Tomlin ride his jock and tank the offense
Bears coaches trying to save face because of how awful a coaching/developement job they did with Fields.

at least your expectations are basically in the toilet so you should be happy/pleased with ANY results we get from Fields this season and beyond.

Bears coaches just telling people why they gave him away; he can't play QB (well) in the NFL

If my expectations are 0 and he plays like a 3 I'm not going to be enthused

Last edited:
Being able to run doesn’t make a player a better QB. As long as a guy has decent mobility he’s fine. Guys who are too mobile always have a stunted passing ability.

Comparing stats is also a really poor way to judge those two QBs.

Last edited:
these don't really look that much different. just sayin. Fields ability to run makes him that much more of a weapon than KP

I disagree with the comparison between Fields & Pickett. Granted Pickett may not have put up dazzling numbers but he did two thing pretty good:
* low interception & fumble numbers
* low sacks

Not a lot of negative plays by Pickett which allowed the defense & Watt to find ways to win games.

I like Fiejds & I believe the coaching was horrible in Chicago during his time but what his coach said has been true during Fields tenure. He holds onto the ball longer than any NFl starting qb and over the last two seasons the two Qb’s who took the most sacks: Russel Wilson & Justin Fields.

Regardless who plays, both will need to reduce the negative plays.

Last edited:
I disagree with the comparison between Fields & Pickett. Granted Pickett may not have put up dazzling numbers but he did two thing pretty good:
* low interception & fumble numbers
* low sacks

Not a lot of negative plays by Pickett which allowed the defense & Watt to find ways to win games.

I like Fiejds & I believe the coaching was horrible in Chicago during his time but what this ciach said has been a hit flute during Fields tenure. He holds onto the ball longer than any NFl starting qb and over the last two seasons the two Qb’s who took the most sacks: Russel Wilson & Justin Fields.

Regardless who plays, both will need to reduce the negative plays.
the other issue i have is that KP literally has the same/vision and accuracy as Fields, but can't create with his feet as well. I can find NUMEROUS plays in his short two year span where he can't read the D, doesn't see the field, misses WIDE OPEN dudes, etc. people on here trying to act like KP is way better or that Fields is WAY worse aren't watching the same plays. we are upgrading our O-Line and guess what - we did pretty well for over a decade with a dude who "held onto the ball too long" so if that's his biggest issue, i'm fine with that.

Pickett has way better field vision than Fields. Fields cannot process what's going on on a given play. You don't end up with 70 turnovers in 3 years because you're actually good but have bad coaching, it's because you fundamentally cannot play the position you're in. Fields doesn't even have the benefit of blaming bad blocking, unlike Pickett; the Bears' line was near the top of the league in providing time to throw.

Pickett has way better field vision than Fields. Fields cannot process what's going on on a given play. You don't end up with 70 turnovers in 3 years because you're actually good but have bad coaching, it's because you fundamentally cannot play the position you're in. Fields doesn't even have the benefit of blaming bad blocking, unlike Pickett; the Bears' line was near the top of the league in providing time to throw.
Not that you have ever said anything positive, about anything Steelers, never. Maybe these QB's don't work out. But I am happy we are trying a different course. Good QB's just don't fall out of the sky. If this doesn't work okay, we move to the next thing. I have hope for this season. Maybe Fields is nothing, maybe we get some good seasons (2 or 3 would be fantastic) out of Russ. Maybe he sucks. Hopefully things work out. You are such a Debbie Downer.

Not that you have ever said anything positive, about anything Steelers, never. Maybe these QB's don't work out. But I am happy we are trying a different course. Good QB's just don't fall out of the sky. If this doesn't work okay, we move to the next thing. I have hope for this season. Maybe Fields is nothing, maybe we get some good seasons (2 or 3 would be fantastic) out of Russ. Maybe he sucks. Hopefully things work out. You are such a Debbie Downer.

The Steelers are on the hook this year for Wilson & Fields for next to nothing. If it pans out with either, great. If not, look to the 2025 draft or a free agent qb for next year.

Again the one thing that Pickett did well is protect the ball (few Interceptions & fumbles) and not take a lot of sacks. Wilson & Fields are horrible regarding taking sacks, the two worst qb’s in the NFL over the last two season.

Again the one thing that Pickett did well is protect the ball (few Interceptions & fumbles) and not take a lot of sacks. Wilson & Fields are horrible regarding taking sacks, the two worst qb’s in the NFL over the last two season.
I get that. I watched every Steelers game and witnessed Pickett not scoring any points. 6 games we scored 13 or less points I believe and still somehow won 10 games. Wilson produced 26 TD passes in 15 games. Like Crusaders mentioned, we will get the bad and the good.

I wasn't a Pickett hater. He had, what, 7 comeback wins in two seasons. That is what kept the hope alive for him to be our guy.

I am just choosing to look at the glass half full rather than half empty. It's a more enjoyable life that way in my opinion.

I get that. I watched every Steelers game and witnessed Pickett not scoring any points. 6 games we scored 13 or less points I believe and still somehow won 10 games. Wilson produced 26 TD passes in 15 games. Like Crusaders mentioned, we will get the bad and the good.

I wasn't a Pickett hater. He had, what, 7 comeback wins in two seasons. That is what kept the hope alive for him to be our guy.

I am just choosing to look at the glass half full rather than half empty. It's a more enjoyable life that way in my opinion.

I agree, I like the Wilson & Fields additions because they are cheap and the Steelers are only committed to each for the 2024 season. If the Steelers were paying Wilson’s full $38 mil salary in 2024, I would absolutely hate the move. Fields is a talented backup, great potential at little cost (conditional third day 2025 pick). If Fields had cost say a 3rd round or higher pick, I think most would be upset.

I believe both were good moves by the Steelers & GM Kahn. Now, will they work…..I think the Steelers can muster 10 wins. If Wilson plays like he did prior to 2021, who knows.

IMG_1836.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 3
2nd half schedule is brutal.
1st half is as soft as we could hope for I guess.
All division games in the 2nd half, plus KC and Philly.

I see a 7-2 start, 3-3 in the div, and split with KC/Philly.
That's 11-6 folks

That's 11-6 folks
Well the Steelers are certainly due to beat KC or Philly at least once. I think 10-7 or 9-8 is more likely. 11-6 is possible if Russ Wilson gets back some of his swagger.

That's 11-6 folks
The Steelers, or us fans. are in absolutely no position to start penicilling in wins. Practically every win the last few years were 1 score games which could've gone either way.

The Steelers, or us fans. are in absolutely no position to start penicilling in wins. Practically every win the last few years were 1 score games which could've gone either way.
Agree. But that outcome isn’t unique to the Steelers. Let just say at this point the Steelers are a step above average and there are no certain wins or losses on that schedule.

I’m not going to say positive things just to make other people feel better about the sorry state of the franchise under Art II and Tomlin. They fumbled the post-Ben offensive rebuild when they drafted Najee in the first round and then continued when they drafted a new QB before rebuilding the OL. On top of that they threw him into an unproven offense under quite possibly the worst OC in league history. Then they proceed to backstab that young QB by bringing in an over the hill veteran and another young QB who has proven nothing other than he can’t actually play QB. You want to hear everything is fine? Well too damn bad. It’s not.