2023 gwoc season

I would rather face one of the Olentangys or Findlay then another gwoc school rd.1 or 2

How about a Perrysburg?

I have seen Olentangy this season and they are legit. Have not seen Berlin at all and Liberty though down will always have great coaching. I agree, I would not want to see Wayne face another GWOC school in the first round either.

a potential Springfield @ Whitmer first round game would be a treat. athletes all over the field.

i think Wayne vs Dublin Coffman (which is projected) would be a great game.

Great talent at times can make up for poor coaching but you will always get inconsistency. Therefore that is why Wayne is capable of beating the top teams but also are vulnerable no matter who they play.
I think you can say that about most of the GWOC!

I think you can say that about most of the GWOC!

The only GWOC school other than Wayne that I would state have poor coaching is Northmont.

Grant it I don't see every game the other GWOC schools have played.... actually, I have seen every Fairmont game so far.....

Perrysburg would be a beatable team for most GWOC schools. Their wins are against D2 school and losses are against D1 schools. They had a really good RB a few years ago. Don't know what they have this year.

If you do have to travel to Perrysburg and you want to eat something that is not fast food near the stadium get there at least 2 hours ahead of time.

I still have no idea what's going on in this league, but I guess we will get it all sorted out soon. The Coffman team Centerville lost to is pretty suspect, so if Centerville is the GWOC best team (and unless they've had some huge underclassmen emergence) then Olentangy is a 1-5 favorite to win R2.

How about a Perrysburg?

I have seen Olentangy this season and they are legit. Have not seen Berlin at all and Liberty though down will always have great coaching. I agree, I would not want to see Wayne face another GWOC school in the first round either.
I’m not sure on Perrysburg. They seem to be a team that always has a good record but usually do to their schedule not being so good

My GWOC rankings..... well, the only way I think of doing this is going on what have you done lately..... the obvious is #1 and #8

1 Centerville 8-1
2 Northmont 6-3 (Bolts have won their last 3 games)
3 Springfield 4-5
4 Wayne 6-3 (lost 2 out of 3 and blown out in last game)
5 Miamisburg 6-3 (If QB was not hurt I would have them higher)
6 Fairmont 4-5
7 Springboro 2-7
8 Beavercreek 2-7

Week 10 games:

Centerville @ Wayne : The game that does not matter anymore..... is this still each team's main rivalry? It is easy to pick Centerville in this game, after all, Wayne looks pathetic being out scored 59-8 at home over the last 6+ quarters. Since nothing seems to go the way one thinks in the GWOC I will call for an upset..... Wayne 32 Centerville 29

Fairmont @ Beavercreek : Beavercreek needs a win to get in the playoffs, Fairmont suffers back to back tough losses. Should be a quick game with the Birds doing enough to get the job done.... Fairmont 21 Beavercreek 7

Miamisburg @ Springboro : Burg's QB being out is a major bummer in this game plus throw in Springboro senior night and I am pretty confident the Panthers roll in this one. Some might call it an upset .... Boro 31 Burg 14

Northmont @ Springfield : I still think Northmont is the best team in the league but see coaching as holding them back. When will Springfield wake up and start dominating again...... This is a very interesting game but I am going with the CATS.... the BOLTS strengths are neutralized by the CATS strengths..... this game gets ugly and played ugly.... Springfield 14 Northmont 13

My GWOC rankings..... well, the only way I think of doing this is going on what have you done lately..... the obvious is #1 and #8

1 Centerville 8-1
2 Northmont 6-3 (Bolts have won their last 3 games)
3 Springfield 4-5
4 Wayne 6-3 (lost 2 out of 3 and blown out in last game)
5 Miamisburg 6-3 (If QB was not hurt I would have them higher)
6 Fairmont 4-5
7 Springboro 2-7
8 Beavercreek 2-7

Week 10 games:

Centerville @ Wayne : The game that does not matter anymore..... is this still each team's main rivalry? It is easy to pick Centerville in this game, after all, Wayne looks pathetic being out scored 59-8 at home over the last 6+ quarters. Since nothing seems to go the way one thinks in the GWOC I will call for an upset..... Wayne 32 Centerville 29

Fairmont @ Beavercreek : Beavercreek needs a win to get in the playoffs, Fairmont suffers back to back tough losses. Should be a quick game with the Birds doing enough to get the job done.... Fairmont 21 Beavercreek 7

Miamisburg @ Springboro : Burg's QB being out is a major bummer in this game plus throw in Springboro senior night and I am pretty confident the Panthers roll in this one. Some might call it an upset .... Boro 31 Burg 14

Northmont @ Springfield : I still think Northmont is the best team in the league but see coaching as holding them back. When will Springfield wake up and start dominating again...... This is a very interesting game but I am going with the CATS.... the BOLTS strengths are neutralized by the CATS strengths..... this game gets ugly and played ugly.... Springfield 14 Northmont 13
Under or over 4 personal fouls between Northmont and Springfield...including coaches! I'll take the over!

Last edited:

I know they are in the same league and must be rivals
Is there bad blood or some sort of history between the teams or coaches ?????
Northmont's HC used to be the HC at South...there is definitely some history there. Past games have been very chippy. Both teams are generally undisciplined.

Northmont's HC used to be the HC at South...there is definitely some history there. Past games have been very chippy. Both teams are generally undisciplined.
@Ohioriverboy42 I'm guessing you have some inside knowledge of the bad blood?

Some of it also stems from back when Mo was the HC at Trotwood and played the Bolts regularly. One of those games was an absolute mess at the end...

Now that the season is over, where will all of the GWOC teams that make the playoffs be seeded and where will they play? Thanks!

To me the standings say it all. Two good teams two bad teams and four average teams beating up on each other.
Are we sure there are two good teams? Centerville was outgained in all but two GWOC games this year. That's probably the flimsiest 6-1 you'll see. Wayne is probably the most talented but is so unreliable. Just a weird year in the conference but next season I think it will be very strong with a ton of talent coming back.

Now that the season is over, where will all of the GWOC teams that make the playoffs be seeded and where will they play? Thanks!

#13 OL-Orange @ #4 Centerville
#12 Springfield @ #5 Wayne
#11 Fairmont @ #6 Coffman

If West Carrolton won tonight then Miamisburg would be at Delaware Hayes
If West Carrolton lost then Miamisburg would be at Toledo Whitmer

#13 OL-Orange @ #4 Centerville
#12 Springfield @ #5 Wayne
#11 Fairmont @ #6 Coffman

If West Carrolton won tonight then Miamisburg would be at Delaware Hayes
If West Carrolton lost then Miamisburg would be at Toledo Whitmer
West Carrollton 26, Greenville 21