2023 Baseball State Champs

birdog

Congratulations to Big Moe on an unbelievable season. Great pitching, great defense and clutch hitting. Moe is very fundamentally sound in all facets of the game right now. I know they lose a lot of talent through graduation but the pipeline looks full and the pitching prospects look terrific. This program has really stepped up it's game since the disappointment after last year's regional final. Congratulations to all the players, coaches, parents and fans. On a side note, I have not seen Junior Kellan Klosterman in action recently. Is he OK? GBM 💪 ⚾

Elder forum having another inferiority complex meltdown at the hands of Moeller baseball 😂

They're now satisfied with "making contact" - but refuse to admit they just don't have the horses anymore.

Elder forum having another inferiority complex meltdown at the hands of Moeller baseball 😂

They're now satisfied with "making contact" - but refuse to admit they just don't have the horses anymore.
This is the most braindead analysis I’ve ever seen.

This is the most braindead analysis I’ve ever seen.
Is it more braindead than (yes, these were 100% said in the Elder forum):

1) Things are looking up at Elder because they made contact against their pitcher LOL
2) Moeller cheated because they played music too loud at Nippert
3) Moeller cheated because they were allowed to play music during Elder's offense
4) Moeller cheats and gets kids from everywhere (which is 100% legal)
5) Moeller tried to rub it in with a halfback pass
6) Moeller shouldn't be allowed to eat at westside establishments when they have to come to MSJ for their games
7) Moeller looks down on Elder and sees them as beneath them

Granted, these statements are from grown a** adults. As I've always said, the coaches and kids are to notch competitors. The entitled and inferiority complex from the daddy ball parents is downright hilarious.

Is it more braindead than (yes, these were 100% said in the Elder forum):

1) Things are looking up at Elder because they made contact against their pitcher LOL
2) Moeller cheated because they played music too loud at Nippert
3) Moeller cheated because they were allowed to play music during Elder's offense
4) Moeller cheats and gets kids from everywhere (which is 100% legal)
5) Moeller tried to rub it in with a halfback pass
6) Moeller shouldn't be allowed to eat at westside establishments when they have to come to MSJ for their games
7) Moeller looks down on Elder and sees them as beneath them

Granted, these statements are from grown a** adults. As I've always said, the coaches and kids are to notch competitors. The entitled and inferiority complex from the daddy ball parents is downright hilarious.

#2 and #3 are the same. Try to come up with some better material.

I haven’t seen you on the Elder forum… did you get booted like your nephew did from the Elder baseball team 10 years ago LOL.

It’s great seeing you and your brainless rants about Elder continue on EVERY forum Yappi has expect the Elder one.

#2 and #3 are the same. Try to come up with some better material.

I haven’t seen you on the Elder forum… did you get booted like your nephew did from the Elder baseball team 10 years ago LOL.

It’s great seeing you and your brainless rants about Elder continue on EVERY forum Yappi has expect the Elder one.
Yep - they booted me for telling the truth. And this material is not from me, that's why it's so funny.

Elder fan:
* whines when they don't win
* whines when you tell them they're going to need to increase their level of athlete to compete with the big boys
* don't realize these things are tied together in the current landscape of open borders
* really just wants their family members and kids friends to play so they can have so much fun together during the season

It's hilarious no one is complaining about their impending move to D2. For years, all of those people said "D2 is beneath Elder" - now they realize that it's probably appropriate for the talent level they have. But they refuse to admit it.

I've literally been dead right on this topic for 10+ years and it has played out exactly as I said it would. And for the future, all of these daddy ball guys will LOVE D2, because their kids will play more, they will win more, and the fear of an outsider taking a spot is gone. 100% - winning has become secondary to giving certain kids opportunity.

It's also great that every Elder fan still gets butthurt when I tell the truth in other forums, because they know it's the truth, they just can't handle it. Severe inferiority complex, also what I've been dead right on for 10+ years.

Moe is completely DESTROYING Elder is pretty much every sport, and are at the top of their game right now across the board, regardless of how much you try to keep them down. Suck on that, I know it makes you feel so good. Complete domination.

I've literally been dead right on this topic for 10+ years and it has played out exactly as I said it would. And for the future, all of these daddy ball guys will LOVE D2, because their kids will play more, they will win more, and the fear of an outsider taking a spot is gone. 100% - winning has become secondary to giving certain kids opportunity.

No you were actually wrong. The potential D2 move is only, because the OHSAA expanded divisions in a few sports. Elder's enrollment has increased since they had those couple small classes several years ago, and the projection for future classes was small. What Elder did was really impressive to boost their enrollment thanks to the hard work of their admissions director(and assistants), increasing marketing, and getting a footprint in some non traditional Catholic feeders. Elder can easily fix their competitive number to get a better boost to stay in Division 1 in basketball and baseball. Elder will stay in Division 1 in football regardless.

No you were actually wrong. The potential D2 move is only, because the OHSAA expanded divisions in a few sports. Elder's enrollment has increased since they had those couple small classes several years ago, and the projection for future classes was small. What Elder did was really impressive to boost their enrollment thanks to the hard work of their admissions director(and assistants), increasing marketing, and getting a footprint in some non traditional Catholic feeders. Elder can easily fix their competitive number to get a better boost to stay in Division 1 in basketball and baseball. Elder will stay in Division 1 in football regardless.
Elder is slowly regressing in talent, even with an increase in enrollment. They will forever just go after the Catholic feeder market. Everyone else has expanded. That's why you see an increasing divide in talent.

So Elder people should just stop complaining about wins because their decisions have put them in this place athletically. And I have news for you, the decline will continue. Moe and X are killing it with getting better talent in the door with a wider reach.

Moe, especially, is dominating pretty much every major sport.

It wasn’t that long ago Moeller was doing pretty poor in football and now they are having a surge.

Talent runs in cycles… St. X had a run, Elder had their runs and now it’s Moeller’s turn. Three fine programs battling it out.

Trey has so much sand up his you know what that he pees pearls. It’s sooooo much better on the Elder forum without his constant lies and predictions of doom for Elder.

Go on buddy, keep telling everyone your “truths.” You’re going have to say it pretty loud tho, because no one cares except you.

See ya over on the Elder forum (read only for you).

It wasn’t that long ago Moeller was doing pretty poor in football and now they are having a surge.

Talent runs in cycles… St. X had a run, Elder had their runs and now it’s Moeller’s turn. Three fine programs battling it out.

Trey has so much sand up his you know what that he pees pearls. It’s sooooo much better on the Elder forum without his constant lies and predictions of doom for Elder.

Go on buddy, keep telling everyone your “truths.” You’re going have to say it pretty loud tho, because no one cares except you.

See ya over on the Elder forum (read only for you).
These cycles USED TO BE the norm, when everyone was just, more or less, getting feeder kids. That's not the case anymore for every school but Elder. There is not one person with a set of good eyes that's going to say Elder has comparable talent to Moeller in football, basketball, baseball, volleyball and soccer right now. It's simply untrue. If you say that's true, you're just bring a homer, because it's become that obvious. I don't have to say it "pretty loud", you and your purple army are just in denial. Everyone else sees it loud and clear.

Even Omar would agree with this.

When schools are recruiting the entire city (and then some) and Elder is basically still just looking at its own pocket of the westside and maybe a handful outside that, of course the talent gap is going to widen. I don't know why so many Elder people cannot admit this, it's hilarious. Complete inferiority complex.

But at the same time, even though Elder people say they want to win, they don't want to expand to get more athletes, because they know it means less opportunity for their chosen ones at home. They constantly talk out of both sides of their mouths. Elder people hate me because they know I hit the core of their psyche on this topic, and their pride will not allow them to admit the truth.

Last edited:
Moe spanks Elder again.

Guess the sun was in their eyes? Little too warm? Old lady with sunglasses making a glare on the ball? Or maybe just that the umps screwed Elder because, you know, they're all out to get them.

Couldn't possibly be they have significantly better players. Outscored 32-5 in 3 games 😂

I bet the Elder parents got pictures after the game though!!! Oh how fun!!! Who knew losing could be so much fun!!!

Interesting...............I just went to GCLSports.com and checked the "ALL-Sports Trophy" standings from the last 5 years.
I think as Fans we tend to minimize the importance of the "minor" sports = looks like they're the 'great equalizers' vs. complete sports domination by one school on a consistent basis lately?

Interesting...............I just went to GCLSports.com and checked the "ALL-Sports Trophy" standings from the last 5 years.
I think as Fans we tend to minimize the importance of the "minor" sports = looks like they're the 'great equalizers' vs. complete sports domination by one school on a consistent basis lately?
Perhaps, but in the past few years, Moe has completely dominated:

Football
Soccer
Volleyball
Basketball

And have had very high scores in wrestling. Elder's best two sports currently are wrestling and volleyball. And volleyball is going to get MUCH harder with the region changes. Elder's days at the top of the standings in football and basketball are over. Baseball is more consistent, and volleyball may start to become a struggle if they can't get better athletes (the days of volleyball being a leisure sport are over, alot of these kids can play now). Their wrestling program is very good.

They had a legit shot at a title the past few years in basketball but they threw it away because they played it too conservative. They had some basketball talent the past 4-5 years, but it's now all graduated now.

Thanks...........as a GCL Fan/Follower............I'm really impressed by Moeller and X's very, very comprehensive and 'professional' social media presences.......both have multiple high quality daily pictures/posts.............................amazing uses of that resource in today's 'market'.