2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Personally I hoped Trubisky would have played well enough to get the Steelers to the bye week. Then the Steelers could announce the Qb change of starting Pickett in week 10 vs New Orleans at home with 2 weeks of practice with the 1st team. Didn’t happen that way and now Pickett will have to face at Buffalo, Tampa Bay, at Miami and at Philadelphia over the next 28 days. The Steelers will most likely be behind in the 2nd half in these games and have to throw the ball to get back into it. At the end of the season the Steelers should know where they stand with Pickett and what they need to do moving forward.

The difference of 1-3 to 3-1 for the Steelers is a healthy TJ Watt peck muscle. If Watt plays the last 3 games, the Steelers win 2 of them. That’s life in the NFL. Doesn’t matter, on to week 5 and Buffalo!

I agree that missing T.J. is a huge loss. However, I would think that the DC could come up with a game plan to compensate. JuJu may be speaking the truth. Claypool has regressed for whatever reason. Watching other teams play, they seem to have receivers open. Steelers have a lot of areas to address. I have followed the Steelers since Bradshaw was a rookie.

I agree that missing T.J. is a huge loss. However, I would think that the DC could come up with a game plan to compensate. JuJu may be speaking the truth. Claypool has regressed for whatever reason. Watching other teams play, they seem to have receivers open. Steelers have a lot of areas to address. I have followed the Steelers since Bradshaw was a rookie.
I hear what youre saying but TJ is the exception to the rule. All these 1 possession games ( Im including Cleveland and that last second Stanford band play) and a TJ would come up with either a turnover, sack, draw a holding call, or force a bad 3rd down pass. Only 1 of those at a key moment in any of those 3 losses and our record isnt 1-3. But even if we were 3-1 it doesnt change the fact that this is an offense that needs a court order to score over 20

The Steelers fans are quickly learning what it was like to watch the Bengals in the 90s. Absolutely humiliated and ethered by the Bills.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The Steelers fans are quickly learning what it was like to watch the Bengals in the 90s. Absolutely humiliated and ethered by the Bills.

Secondary had two guys out and i think two got hurt in the game. Plus Fitzpatrick not 100% but played. Got roasted by Josh Allen.

Najee Harris will die before the season is over.

this just simply isn't a very good football team.

O-line is below average. when you can't run the ball at all you're gonna get beat.

secondary injuries pre and during game ain't gonna cut it vs. a premiere QB and receivers like the Bills have.

no TJ Watt simply exacerbates everything else - can't get to the QB so then the secondary can't cover as long, etc.

i don't know what changes can be made for this season, and i don't know what kind of stuff Canada has on Tomlin, but the OC needs to go. need a new, young, mind with some fresh ideas that can get creative with the playcalling. O-Line will have to be dealt with in the off-season. buy it, draft it, whatever else you need to do. maybe a new O-Line coach as well.

this just simply isn't a very good football team.

O-line is below average. when you can't run the ball at all you're gonna get beat.

secondary injuries pre and during game ain't gonna cut it vs. a premiere QB and receivers like the Bills have.

no TJ Watt simply exacerbates everything else - can't get to the QB so then the secondary can't cover as long, etc.

i don't know what changes can be made for this season, and i don't know what kind of stuff Canada has on Tomlin, but the OC needs to go. need a new, young, mind with some fresh ideas that can get creative with the playcalling. O-Line will have to be dealt with in the off-season. buy it, draft it, whatever else you need to do. maybe a new O-Line coach as well.
Well, we should be pretty high on the draft board, if not #1. Lets go OL, secondary, OL, secondary, OL first 5 rounds

Disappointing team performance at Buffalo this weekend. A part of me understands the Steelers simply ran into a Top 3 team w/ a Top 3 qb playing at the peak of his ability. Another part of me feels like the defense simply didn’t show up.

The few good things:
1) Pickens is something unique/special, keep throwing him the ball
2) Warren has been impressive, the kid is a willing blocker too.
3) Pickett played ok, he has some intangibles. I love how he went after the DT who tackled him low. Pickett gets rid of the ball/makes quick decisions. The oline pass protection didn’t look as poor with Pickett at qb. Let’s see how Pickett does next week.
4) I loved the response of Daniels pushing the DB who hit Pickett on his slide - that’s what a teammate/olineman should do for their qb.

Tampa Bay at home this week, let’s hope for an improvement from the offense & Pickett.

Definitely not a good football team, but it sure was nice to see some pride and fight. Scratched and clawed and found a way to get the dub.
Brady is finally starting to show his age

As bad as the Steelers may be/are, they area TJ Watt injury away from being 4-2 or 5-1. As nupanther said, it’s nice to see some pride & fight in the Steelers this week

As bad as the Steelers may be/are, they area TJ Watt injury away from being 4-2 or 5-1. As nupanther said, it’s nice to see some pride & fight in the Steelers this week
agreed. with entire starting secondary basically out, no TJ Watt so pass rush isn't doing much, the Steelers managed to hold down Brady.

you don't win this kind of game unless you have a GREAT coach, someone that can still get the best out of a hodgepodge of players.

kudos to Tomlin on this one.

agreed. with entire starting secondary basically out, no TJ Watt so pass rush isn't doing much, the Steelers managed to hold down Brady.

you don't win this kind of game unless you have a GREAT coach, someone that can still get the best out of a hodgepodge of players.

kudos to Tomlin on this one.
In fairness, the Bucs offense has looked bad five times already this season. I think almost every NFL team can keep them limited at this point, no matter what injuries are in play.

In fairness, the Bucs offense has looked bad five times already this season. I think almost every NFL team can keep them limited at this point, no matter what injuries are in play.

still, when you're an 8 pt dog at home, you're supposed to lose, and they stepped up with a bunch of backups at key positions while the Bucs had pretty much all of their first team offense back - Evans, Godwin, Brate (although he got hurt), Fournette, etc.

I say this all the time, when an NFL is uttery embarrassed by their performance (like last week) they generally look like a diff team that next week if there is any ounce of pride in their souls.

Ryan Clark said something this AM that makes a lot sense....'when you are not playing for your job you play much more lose' and that may be what happened with Trib. I worked so I couldnt watch yesterday, but Picket 11 completions for 65 yards is embarrassing, and Trib came in with nothing to lose and it seems like maybe that is how he needs to play.

It is tough to go back to the original starter when the highly touted rookie gets the job........except when there is an injury. I expect Pickett to miss next week even if he does well in the tests.

Voice - The difference in the best NFL team & the worse is not a lot. The top 5 to 7 players and the bottom 5 to 7 players on the roster is the difference - players 8 thru 45 is basically the same. Trubisky was playing with more ‘house money’ and more aggressive yesterday. At this point when Pickett is ready, he goes back out there. I think Pickett played well at Buffalo, I didn’t see the first half yesterday but he didn’t turn the ball over.

Somehow, this team is only 1 game out of first and they are also a couple of plays away from 0-6.

As a Steeler fan that was a big win yesterday. It does feel good to beat TB. Not sure how we did with the D missing so many players. Guys just stepped it up.

Yes, we are only one game out and it "feels" like we have a fair chance to beat Mia. Its a Sunday night game. Still lots of questions. Tua will be back. Who knows but the Steelers didn't lay down this week. I don't have any illusions of playoffs this year. Just week to week lets see how the team plays.

Brady being out of sync with his guys helped the defense; he may have had some guys back but being a timing QB, he needs reps with them to really “be “Brady”.

I don’t think Bowles is a great HC either so that certainly helped matters.

The coaching on the offensive side for the Steelers is particularly atrocious. It’s a real problem when you can’t generate a running game at all and the passing scheme can’t work anyone open for YAC. Their conservative nonsense has Pickett looking like dog crap out there and it took Mitch Trubisky playing with nothing to lose to shake it up.

I will give credit to the defense for not getting run over by Fournette. They’ve looked pretty rough against the run this year so that was nice to see. Bush deciding to not play like a complete bum certainly helped a bit

A win is a win but it’s not an excuse to get carried away or fall back to saying we have great coaching. We don’t. We have amongst the worst coaching in the league.

Last edited:
I’m not going to say Tomlin is one of the best Coaches in the league but saying he’s one of the “Worse coaches in the league” - that comment makes you sound like a fool.

Tomlin is a tier below Mike McCarthy and only has job security because Art II is a bad owner. His coaching staff is most certainly amongst the worst in the league

I’m not going to say Tomlin is one of the best Coaches in the league but saying he’s one of the “Worse coaches in the league” - that comment makes you sound like a fool.
Many dont like Tomlin simply because he is black.

PIcketts job, no doubt, and yeah he will return 'when he is healthy' but I dont believe he will be 'healthy ' this week, no matter how well he feels. Team will use this as a breather for him to take a small step back, and self scout and reevalute before putting him back in as the starter.

As for TB>......their offense has not been very good this year. I am a TB12 fan, gotta root for the old fogies, and watched them quite a bit but man....that offense has not been very gooed.

Tomlin is a tier below Mike McCarthy and only has job security because Art II is a bad owner. His coaching staff is most certainly amongst the worst in the league
I cannot speak to Tomlin's staff, but as a non-Steelers fan I can say that most teams in the NFL would kill to have Tomlin as their coach. Why?
- He is a man's man, no BS, tells it like it is.
- He clearly has his players' respect
- He has never had a losing season
- He seemingly delegates well to his coordinators

I'll leave it to the Steelers fans to decide if he has hired a crappy staff, that may be true, and something for him to improve. I'm not going to say he is the best HC in the NFL, because that is Belicheck, but Tomlin is top tier for sure. Given the choice of McCarthy or Tomlin for my Browns, it's Tomlin all day.

Tomlin isn’t a coach, he’s a personnel motivator, and it’s a joke he hasn’t been fired after a near decade now of failure

I would love Tomlin to go to the Browns. Would ensure they continue to play poorly lol

Tomlin isn’t a coach, he’s a personnel motivator, and it’s a joke he hasn’t been fired after a near decade now of failure

I would love Tomlin to go to the Browns. Would ensure they continue to play poorly lol
That would be the absolute worst thing for steelers....lose a good coach and he go to a rival!

Cleveland has a knack of screwing up a wet dream so they likely would ruin MT as well, but that is not a risk we want to take.

Right. They had their chance v. Patriots and Jets, lead in both in the second half. That being said they are probably in the 19-25 range if you rank all the teams. 7-10 or 6-11sounds about right.