2022 EBC

Week 2 of the EBS match ups

Alliance vs Niles - I got Alliance winning this with a close game 28-24

Salem vs Beaver Local - I got Beaver Local winning this 35-24. I went to the Salem - Crestview game. I think Johnson got use to having Exline at WR, The connection with his WRs isnt there. The Oline didnt look good either.

Marlington vs Northwest - I got Northwest winning by 21 or even 30. Marlington dont got much over there. Their head coach got hired late so going to take a little while to get it rolling over there.

West Branch vs Woodridge - West Branch wins by a landslide. West Branch is the best team in the league. Dru will be POY and Tim Copper will be COY.

Minerva vs Crestwood. I think Speakman and his lions get their first win of the season. crestview is down this year. I would say this is a 13-10 game.
I like Alliance at Niles 35-21. They need to get Davis more involved in the offense but I think Lake was a tough 1st match up.

Salem-Beaver Local may be the best game this week. I like Beaver Local in a close one.

Northwest but 5 touchdowns

West Branch was impressive in their loss, I like WB but 3 scores. They do need to find offense other than Deshields but it's early yet.

Die hard Minerva fan here- I don't see the Lions getting a win this year although both Crestwood and Sandy Valley are down. They have some good looking sophomores but the line is just not big or strong enough to compete. Speakman's success this year cannot be based on wins at the varsity level because they are probably just not physically capable of competing yet.

I like Alliance at Niles 35-21. They need to get Davis more involved in the offense but I think Lake was a tough 1st match up.

Salem-Beaver Local may be the best game this week. I like Beaver Local in a close one.

Northwest but 5 touchdowns

West Branch was impressive in their loss, I like WB but 3 scores. They do need to find offense other than Deshields but it's early yet.

Die hard Minerva fan here- I don't see the Lions getting a win this year although both Crestwood and Sandy Valley are down. They have some good looking sophomores but the line is just not big or strong enough to compete. Speakman's success this year cannot be based on wins at the varsity level because they are probably just not physically capable of competing yet
I think crestwoods team is filled with sophomores as well. I’m pulling for the lions this week!

I think crestwoods team is filled with sophomores as well. I’m pulling for the lions this week!
I hope you're right Buckeye. Speakman does have them playing with emotion and playing hard after 3 years of no emotion, positive step for the program. We just can't judge his success by wins this year because the talent is not there and off season training was basically non existent.

After watching the Alliance Lake game Friday night at Kehres Stadium I feel like Alliance is slightly improved but not where they should be.

Offensively I don’t understand why Kayden Davis only had 10 rushing attempts when he is a YSU commit. There has got to be a balance between him and Zurbrugg carrying the load. I understand that Lake outmatched our OLine and running the ball would be difficult. But we have to find ways to get him the ball more

Defensively I don’t understand what Abueteen is doing in a 4 man front. Alliance won 3 league titles playing the 3-4 defense. I understand losing Nino Hill to McKinley hurt us but don’t understand the scheme switch entirely. Biggest issue I saw was a lack thereof of tackling. Lots and lots of missed tackles.

Special teams was a disaster! Kick off return needs addressed, and both kickoff and punt teams need work.

Alliance has struggled with Niles in the last couple of matchups will be really interesting to see what happens. I have not been to Bo Rein stadium in about 20 years
The play calling has been puzzling, but they were physically outmatched so I'll withhold judgement. Second, who was the DC when they won the league titles?

After watching the Alliance Lake game Friday night at Kehres Stadium I feel like Alliance is slightly improved but not where they should be.

Offensively I don’t understand why Kayden Davis only had 10 rushing attempts when he is a YSU commit. There has got to be a balance between him and Zurbrugg carrying the load. I understand that Lake outmatched our OLine and running the ball would be difficult. But we have to find ways to get him the ball more

Defensively I don’t understand what Abueteen is doing in a 4 man front. Alliance won 3 league titles playing the 3-4 defense. I understand losing Nino Hill to McKinley hurt us but don’t understand the scheme switch entirely. Biggest issue I saw was a lack thereof of tackling. Lots and lots of missed tackles.

Special teams was a disaster! Kick off return needs addressed, and both kickoff and punt teams need work.

Alliance has struggled with Niles in the last couple of matchups will be really interesting to see what happens. I have not been to Bo Rein stadium in about 20 years
Lake was heck of a challenge and Alliance will likely win 6 or 7 games depending on how they do against the remaining out of conference schedule. they will struggle against WB and the more I hear about Carrollton, the more impressive they see, They are a very physical team with a running back having a chance to get 5000 career yards, that doesn't happen by accident.. They are probably a little too run orientated but still a very good team. Tsilimos is doing a great job there.

Let's go with:

West Branch 41 vs Woodridge 21
Alliance 28 vs Niles 14
Carrollton 20 vs Philo 27
Marlington 14 vs Northwest 23
Salem 24 vs Beaver Local 14
Minerva 7 vs Crestwood 20

WB will blow out woodridge
Aviators get close W
Carrollton w tight game
Dukes blown out
Quakes by 20
Minerva keeps 1q respectable losses by 20 plus

Week 2 of the EBS match ups

Alliance vs Niles - I got Alliance winning this with a close game 28-24

Salem vs Beaver Local - I got Beaver Local winning this 35-24. I went to the Salem - Crestview game. I think Johnson got use to having Exline at WR, The connection with his WRs isnt there. The Oline didnt look good either.

Marlington vs Northwest - I got Northwest winning by 21 or even 30. Marlington dont got much over there. Their head coach got hired late so going to take a little while to get it rolling over there.

West Branch vs Woodridge - West Branch wins by a landslide. West Branch is the best team in the league. Dru will be POY and Tim Copper will be COY.

Minerva vs Crestwood. I think Speakman and his lions get their first win of the season. crestview is down this year. I would say this is a 13-10 game.
Mantua Crestwood NOT Crestview, fyi. Probably spell check error..happens alot for Crestwood...

The play calling has been puzzling, but they were physically outmatched so I'll withhold judgement. Second, who was the DC when they won the league titles?
Same guy. Abueteen
Came to Alliance with Whiting. Northwest guy, switched alliance to a 3-4 base defense and we won.
Never really questioned his scheme before, just thought it was puzzling they were in a 4man front Friday

I agree with most of your takes, but I just don’t see Salem struggling. That is not to say they could not lose to Alliance, Carrollton, and West Branch. However, they could also beat all those teams. As long as they have the Johnson kid at QB they will compete with anyone. They do lose 24 but they also have some nice skill coming up. There are going to be 4 very good football teams in this league. The last 2, sorry but not so much.
Salem better show a lot more then what they did last week, Crestview had no business being in the game with Salem and nearly won it

20 years, a lot has changed. New HS, new field, remodeled entrance and additional parking. Still plenty of good restaurants in the area and on the strip. Downtown has a new restaurant that has really good sandwiches.

West Branch wins
Alliance dominates
Salem gets back to form
Carrollton wins ugly
Minerva and Marlington perform as expected

Thoughts on the games this week?

East Liverpool @ Salem
West Branch @ Revere
Bedford @ Alliance
St Thomas @ Carrollton
Ridgewood @ Marlington
Minerva @ Beaver Local .... Cancelled

Salem 35 East Liverpool 14
West Branch 55 Revere 14
Bedford 28 Alliance 14
Carrollton 49 STA 0
Ridgewood 48 Marlington 7
It probably would have been BL 55- Minerva 0.

Ya Salem, West Branch, and Carrollton should win big and just want to come out the other side healthy. Alliance should be looking to continue to build off of last week. Marlington by the looks of their scores seem to be playing hard just can't match the overall talent of their opponents and hopefully continue playing hard this week. Good luck to all the teams this week.

Ya Salem, West Branch, and Carrollton should win big and just want to come out the other side healthy. Alliance should be looking to continue to build off of last week. Marlington by the looks of their scores seem to be playing hard just can't match the overall talent of their opponents and hopefully continue playing hard this week. Good luck to all the teams this week.
Bedford may be a tough match up for Alliance. I think that will be the most interesting and the game of the week this week.

Bedford may be a tough match up for Alliance. I think that will be the most interesting and the game of the week this week.
I know that Bedford always has some good athletes and I agree that of the ebc games that should be the best game. I was just commenting that by how they played week 1 to week 2 was night and day and they need to keep that week 2 momentum going. If they play as good as I heard during week 2 they should win by 2 scores if they play like week 1 it could be a long night.

Let's go with:

East Liverpool 20 @ Salem 40
West Branch 34 @ Revere 21
Bedford 19 @ Alliance 37
St Thomas 0 @ Carrollton 41
Ridgewood 28 @ Marlington 20
Minerva 0 @ Beaver Local 0.... Cancelled

Thoughts on the games this week?

East Liverpool @ Salem
West Branch @ Revere
Bedford @ Alliance
St Thomas @ Carrollton
Ridgewood @ Marlington
Minerva @ Beaver Local .... Cancelled
Salem by at least 3 scores
West Branch running clock
Alliance double digits
Carrollton by as many as they want
Ridgewood running clock
Minerva won't lose this week

After Week one :

West Branch in my eyes proved they are legit. Playing canfield and against Broc Lowdy a B1G commit showed something. West branch wins the league.

Alliance I fear that besides KVaughn Davis, Zurburgg, Kayden Davis the offense doesnt have much to offer. I see a 5-5 season

Salem I think is going to have a rough year. possibly a 5-5 or 4-6 season

Carrollton is a sleeper and going but i dont see them beating West Branch

Marlingtons only win will be minerva

And for the lions, I dont know it its the coaching or talent level but theres not much there. I give them credit for going out every week. Minerva just needs to focus on being a running school. Coach Scott, Coach Monk and Coach Rettig do great things for the runners and the success shows.

On to week 2. Lets hear those predictions

West Branch vs Woodridge
Alliance vs Niles
Carrollton vs Philo
Marlington vs Northwest
Salem vs Beaver Local
Minerva vs Crestwood
Salem only getting 2-3 the rest of the way is wild. Alliance is legit. I think the league is better than it has been in a while.

Salem 63 East Liverpool 10
West Branch 73 Revere 28
Alliance 28 Bedford 38
Carrollton 77 St Thomas 0
Marlington 24 Ridgewood 28
Minerva 0 Covid 66

-
I think Alliance loses this week. I seen Kayden Davis had is arm in a soft cast. Not to sure if he's playing,

- Minerva escapes losing a football game for first time since October 23, 2020

Speaking of the EBC, Why not try to get Dover to come to the league since they are looking for a new conference? Add the Tornados, a lot of teams like Carrollton, Alliance, Salem, West Branch lose out on computer points by playing a team that gets them ZERO computer points.

Salem 63 East Liverpool 10
West Branch 73 Revere 28
Alliance 28 Bedford 38
Carrollton 77 St Thomas 0
Marlington 24 Ridgewood 28
Minerva 0 Covid 66

-
I think Alliance loses this week. I seen Kayden Davis had is arm in a soft cast. Not to sure if he's playing,

- Minerva escapes losing a football game for first time since October 23, 2020

Speaking of the EBC, Why not try to get Dover to come to the league since they are looking for a new conference? Add the Tornados, a lot of teams like Carrollton, Alliance, Salem, West Branch lose out on computer points by playing a team that gets them ZERO computer points.
You get 0 computer points if you don’t win the game. Granted, beating an 0-10 or 1-9 team doesn’t help much, but it certainly helps more than adding a game you can’t win. Carrollton might beat Dover 1 time in 20 years. No way Salem will want to drive all the way to Dover.