2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Big Ben reminds me of what Jim Kelly looked like his last year in the NFL. When defenses realized his arm was shot they crowded the LOS and jumped every pass. Ben is done. On the plus side there's a lot of good QB's in this years draft.
BEN PULLS OUT WIN OVER INDY!!!

The entire Steeler squad will play week 17. 1st, it does make a difference to them whether or not they get a 2nd or 3rd seed. The lack of fans isnt the difference, it's the comfort of staying home rather than getting on a plane. Yes, I know Buffalo is a stones throw. But it's a lot easier getting out of your own bed as opposed to trekking it.
2nd, they haven't looked good in the last four games. It would be difference if they were peaking. But outside of a good 2nd half yesterday their game needs help. This running game looks like expansion Tampa Bay mid 70s
I doubt the players really care about eliminating the Browns. That's a fans desire. But it sure would be funny to see the Browns eliminated with losses to one of the worst teams in the league and their arch rival!

There is no difference between 2nd and 3rd, at least not enough to justify not resting a team that didn’t get a bye.

The entire Steeler squad will play week 17. 1st, it does make a difference to them whether or not they get a 2nd or 3rd seed. The lack of fans isnt the difference, it's the comfort of staying home rather than getting on a plane. Yes, I know Buffalo is a stones throw. But it's a lot easier getting out of your own bed as opposed to trekking it.
2nd, they haven't looked good in the last four games. It would be difference if they were peaking. But outside of a good 2nd half yesterday their game needs help. This running game looks like expansion Tampa Bay mid 70s
I doubt the players really care about eliminating the Browns. That's a fans desire. But it sure would be funny to see the Browns eliminated with losses to one of the worst teams in the league and their arch rival!
It was actually just 1 plus good qtr. This offense NEEDS to play, and play well, for this team to do anything.

and yes.....they are about eliminating a rival

BEN PULLS OUT WIN OVER INDY!!!

Jim Kelly and Dan Marino did the same thing at the end of their careers. You could tell they were shot but every so often they would catch fire and light up the scoreboard. Their fans would dare to hope that maybe they had a couple of years left only to be cruelly let down. I just don't see Big Ben in the mold of Brady or Brees. Different body type which won't let him play at a high level well into his 40's.

Big Ben is a first ballot HOF QB who has had a fantastic career. But if the Steelers don't work hard to replace him this off season they're only going to make it tougher down the road.

Brady and Brees have completely different body types from each other. With today's training methods, I think Roethlisberger could play as long as he cares to put in the work. After writing that, curious as to his injury history I googled and fell on this interesting website.

Jim Kelly and Dan Marino did the same thing at the end of their careers. You could tell they were shot but every so often they would catch fire and light up the scoreboard. Their fans would dare to hope that maybe they had a couple of years left only to be cruelly let down. I just don't see Big Ben in the mold of Brady or Brees. Different body type which won't let him play at a high level well into his 40's.

Big Ben is a first ballot HOF QB who has had a fantastic career. But if the Steelers don't work hard to replace him this off season they're only going to make it tougher down the road.
I agree 100%. Unfortunately Ben has all of the leverage because of his contract. He knows his time is up in 2 years. No chance he walks away from all that money (nor should he). Having said that, I think Ben, at this stage in his career, will be more accommodating if the Steelers decide to draft a QB early on.

Ben can still get the job done for another year i believe, if he can stay healthy enough.

Address the OL and RB position, and more self scouting on the offensive play calling and this offense can be humming right along.

Ben took a beating during his career. He also had a serious injury to his throwing elbow, something I don’t think Brees or Brady ever had.

They should definitely look to draft a QB this year if they can. Someone like Trask or Mac Jones would be solid.

Damn the pumped in crowd noise in some of these empty stadiums is deafening. Watching the Bills-Pats it’s loud but I can hear the announcers. Other games ,especially college , they are almost drowned out.

Damn the pumped in crowd noise in some of these empty stadiums is deafening. Watching the Bills-Pats it’s loud but I can hear the announcers. Other games ,especially college , they are almost drowned out.
and some dont do anything.
was watching a Michigan State game a couple of weeks ago. Between the silence, and the commentator acting like he was calling a golf telecast it was like a cure for insomnia.

Bills look awfully good. They will give the Chiefs a significant challenge in the AFC Title game.

Bills look awfully good. They will give the Chiefs a significant challenge in the AFC Title game.
This may be a fantastic playoff.
Chefs are the cream of the crop and then you have the Browns/Bills nipping at their heals.

I think Buffalo is a better team, but I think Cleveland has the better chance to beat KC IF their commit to the run game. They did not do that against the Jets and went away from it too soon. They can control a game with that runnning attack but at times get bored and go quickly to the pass attack.

THAT wont work vs the Chefs.

I get what your saying about the Browns running the ball but defensively they are not that good so I don’t have as favorable an opinion regarding their chances as you seem to (imply) you have.

I get what your saying about the Browns running the ball but defensively they are not that good so I don’t have as favorable an opinion regarding their chances as you seem to (imply) you have.
Browns fan here - I agree. Our defense is not playoff quality.

Here is the thing, that running attack can put the screws to the Chefs offense. When a high flying offense is limited on possessions they tend to panic and force things knowing their chances are limited.

Can the Browns score a lot if they pass the ball vs the Chefs? Yes, but that also gives the KC a lot of chances. Like a stall ball basketball team, limit the other teams explosive offense.

Now that the steelres are handing the browns the win, this spells trouble for the Chiefs

And I'll admit I was wrong.
Look for more veterans to sit, or not play the entire game
If they have adequate replacements, Al, Decastro and Pouncey on the line, lots of McFarland at RB, I don’t see any receivers resting unless they are dinged up, Tuitt, Hayward , Watt play about 30. Db, safeties rotating in and out. You‘ve only got 51 guys minus the kickers so not much you can do. I assume Ben will not dress so maybe some wildcat with Dobbs.

Here is the thing, that running attack can put the screws to the Chefs offense. When a high flying offense is limited on possessions they tend to panic and force things knowing their chances are limited.

Can the Browns score a lot if they pass the ball vs the Chefs? Yes, but that also gives the KC a lot of chances. Like a stall ball basketball team, limit the other teams explosive offense.

Now that the steelres are handing the browns the win, this spells trouble for the Chiefs
:LOL:

So Haden tested positive and will miss tomorrow and next week it’s not clear if any close contacts will be sitting

Going into the season I would take 12-5.

Good season, just wish it was better.
After witnessing the game Sunday I'd be shocked if the Browns won this week. Beat the Steeler JVs by 2 points when the Browns were playing for their playoff lives. There was a post on the Browns thread that said Stefanski was playing close to the vest because he anticipated the rematch and didn't want to tip his hand. I call BS on that. This is an organization that hasn't been to the playoffs since most of their players were in grade school. Even the running game wasn't their usual atrocious self. Except for 1 bad pick Mason was decent. I'm not saying it'll be easy like the 1st matchup, but this is a game that's completely winnable.

Stefanski and at least one other Browns coach won’t be coaching Sunday, Covid. Guess we will see if any other players are out.