2017 Football

Thompson was a good option but his family moved (I believe that was the situation). Not sure who else is available but as the last few years have shown it is imperative to have an experienced back up QB

so with next year and deuce probably not playing whats the QB situation like?

Not totally sure here, but my understanding Deuce was starting to gain allot of attention with D1 football looks. His D1 FB prospects were starting to outweigh those looks he was getting in hoops? Hopefully, Moe fans can watch this exciting kid play QB next fall. It would be interesting in Pat Mac is the coach next year and he gets a chance to coach McBride! Lets hope so.

who was the jv QB then if he moved?

Not sure- they had Thompson listed as the third QB on Varsity roster, the online JV rosters don't show positions. Bradfish was not listed as a QB, as was mentioned as naseum by reporters this second half of the season.

Duece has a ton of potential as a QB, he was truly fun to watch and had a great chemistry with the players until the injury. I would love to see him back next year but have heard that may not happen. Will have to see if the coaching change will entice him back for senior year.

MacKenzie had a great game against Lasalle and is clearly a smart, hard working player but the struggles were so great and so far beyond just the QB position that it's hard to tell what his potential is.

Not sure- they had Thompson listed as the third QB on Varsity roster, the online JV rosters don't show positions. Bradfish was not listed as a QB, as was mentioned as naseum by reporters this second half of the season.

Duece has a ton of potential as a QB, he was truly fun to watch and had a great chemistry with the players until the injury. I would love to see him back next year but have heard that may not happen. Will have to see if the coaching change will entice him back for senior year.

MacKenzie had a great game against Lasalle and is clearly a smart, hard working player but the struggles were so great and so far beyond just the QB position that it's hard to tell what his potential is.

Hopefully he has a strong off season. Sometimes it can be a night and day difference for kids between their jr and sr years, hopefully this is the case.

Sometimes the best thing that can happen is a back up gets the opportunity to play and then struggles. Too often you hear the backups saying "if coach would only put me in, I could show them I am better than (Player A)". He got the chance to be the starting QB at moeller and it didn't go well for most of the back half of the season. Now he knows what it will take, and hopefully, as humbling as this season was, it lit a fire in the returning Jrs and underclassmen at every position. Plus with a new coach coming in, every position is potentially up for grabs as he may see something different in the guys than Rodenberg did.

Sometimes the best thing that can happen is a back up gets the opportunity to play and then struggles. Too often you hear the backups saying "if coach would only put me in, I could show them I am better than (Player A)". He got the chance to be the starting QB at moeller and it didn't go well for most of the back half of the season. Now he knows what it will take, and hopefully, as humbling as this season was, it lit a fire in the returning Jrs and underclassmen at every position. Plus with a new coach coming in, every position is potentially up for grabs as he may see something different in the guys than Rodenberg did.

:clap: Another objective insightful post from KBaller

At the present time there is a considerable drop off in QB play from McBride, not based upon opinions but the results on the field. You are also spot on that the backups now understand where they need to improve to compete for a starting spot. Every kid with starting potential should be both excited and a bit apprehensive with a new coaching staff. For the sake of the players and program I hope they all make the most of the opportunity (except when playing St X)

:clap: Another objective insightful post from KBaller

At the present time there is a considerable drop off in QB play from McBride, not based upon opinions but the results on the field. You are also spot on that the backups now understand where they need to improve to compete for a starting spot. Every kid with starting potential should be both excited and a bit apprehensive with a new coaching staff. For the sake of the players and program I hope they all make the most of the opportunity (except when playing St X)

I should have sent the boys to X- A few of these Moeller peeps think I am ridiculous...

I should have sent the boys to X- A few of these Moeller peeps think I am ridiculous...

Ready to trade in your moeller card over some yappi posts, (after the worst 2 seasons in history) and some X weirdo who wants some easy brownie points from one of the few females on this board? Go for it.

I like brownies, a little flattery goes a long way.

And don't call my new friend a weirdo, he plays nice. Not that I am currently speaking to you or that other guy

Why is Bates not signing on the same day as Hawkins and Wills?

Who knows. Figure UK would lock him up as soon as possible. I don't think he is flipping. Has family ties to UK and has been very vocal about how UK is his school. UK brought him down for another visit for their last home game against Louisville.

But with that being said in the last few months a couple local UK commits have been flipped.

Alex R-3*LB-Wayne-Now Minnesota commit
Tyler Bently-3*DL- Now Pitt commit

Who knows. Figure UK would lock him up as soon as possible. I don't think he is flipping. Has family ties to UK and has been very vocal about how UK is his school. UK brought him down for another visit for their last home game against Louisville.

But with that being said in the last few months a couple local UK commits have been flipped.

Alex R-3*LB-Wayne-Now Minnesota commit
Tyler Bently-3*DL- Now Pitt commit

QB commit from Georgia, Jarren Williams also flipped to Miami (FL)