Week 3 - Lexington (DII) (10-0 2008)
Week 4 - Massillon Perry
Week 5 - @ Uniontown Lake
Week 6 - @ Youngstown Boardman
Week 7 - Austintown Fitch
Week 8 - Canton McKinley
Week 9 - @ Canton GlenOak
Week 10 - Jackson

Not sure who Lexington is, but they were 10-0 this year. Anyone know anything about them?

here is their schedule and results this year:

8/22 H Mount Vernon (1-9) [1:3] W 49-7
8/29 H Shelby (6-4) [3:10] W 42-14
9/5 A Willard (2-8) [3:10] W 42-10
9/12 A Mansfield (2-8) [1:2] W 34-6
9/19 H Orrville (7-3) [4:13] W 34-20
9/26 A Clear Fork (5-5) [4:14] W 41-21
10/3 A Wooster (6-4) [2:7] W 56-6
10/10 H Madison Comprehensive (2-8) [2:6] W 48-15
10/17 H West Holmes (5-5) [3:11] W 56-6
10/24 A Ashland (4-6) [2:6] W 10-9

They play in the Ohio Cardinal Conference with:
Ashland
Mansfield
West Holmes
Clear Fork
Madison
Orrville
Wooster

In the last five years, this year was their 1st conference title and 2nd playoff appearance.

It looks like this is a 2 year contract. Another team that has the third week open that I would rather see on the schedule is Canal Fulton Northwest.

Last edited:
Some teams with open dates for week 1

Warren Harding
St. Vincent-St. Mary (2-year contract)
Cardinal Mooney
Mansfield Senior
Elyria Catholic (2-year contract)
Piqua (2 year contract for V, JV, and Frosh)

This is in order of my preference. What do you think?

Don't forget that Lexington has many ties to Stark County. If you look at their boosters website, most of coaches hail from somewhere in Stark - Jackson, Massillon, etc. Probably why they were added.

they have been going to the mount union team camp for the past two years with hoover. their coach is mount grad BJ Payne. he was a helluva player at mount and is turning lexington into a great team

Frankly, I think this a very good pickup - glad to see it both for the Vikes & for the Fed. When combined w/Perry's upgrades for next year, along w/what Jackson has been doing over the last five years or so and who GO & Lake are playing now, I think this bodes very well for the Fed. Definitely upgrading all of our skeds, it appears.

Another team that just announced an open date in Week 1 is Ursuline. Could be another good possibility.

Another team that just announced an open date in Week 1 is Ursuline. Could be another good possibility.

I was just curious where you all get information on who has what dates open... Is there a website out there listing open dates? I think Ursuline would be a great game and bravo to scheduling Lexington. PLEASE, don't put DC or Canada in week 1!

My guess is that we play another DC team in week one, which unlike many others, doesn't bother me. With Louisville and Lexington and seven tough league games, the schedule is tough enough. Too many people underestimate the toll a seven game Federal league schedule takes on a team. I want to be healthy and hungry come week 11.

It is a DC team, I think Coolidge. We played them a few years back. I know you're not going to like that ejc, but read my post above and let me know if you think it has any merit.

Maybe if we stop paying to attend the games against the DC teams, Shimek and Hertler will stop scheduling them.

Maybe if we stop paying to attend the games against the DC teams, Shimek and Hertler will stop scheduling them.

we should get dicounted tickets...if i wanna watch jv vs varsity ill go to practice ;) i do like the addition of Lexington

a varsity team ;)

do you wanna know specifically from who was also open week 1 this year or hypothetical? id have to go back and look at the list to be specific but i do remember there were a couple matchups that would have been nice...i love the Fed as much as anyone and i think it is one of the best leagues in the state...that said it is very rare all the teams will be good at the same time...this year might be an exception with Hoover, Mck, Glenoak looking strong, Fitch and Boardman looking to challenge, Lake and Perry fight as hard as anyone and should bounce back, Jackson is a question mark but week 10 is usually not easy.

we dont have to go out and schedule Iggy, Colerain, X weeks 1-3...i liked the schedule with Green, Buchtel, Louisville; i liked Central, Licking Valley was a nice pickup, i just have a problem with playing a glorified 3rd scrimmage...id like to see a Solon, Brunswick, Mentor, if Green doesnt wanna play anymore call Wadsworth, Hudson, Garfield, Canton South, Northwest, Dover...there are plenty of good to solid programs around here...i just dont see the advantage to rolling someone right out of the gate. personally i wish we'd left Louisville week 1...i think its better to have a game to look forward to and test you right away rather than sleepwalk through the first week and get a rude awakening come week 2

i forgot to add you only need to fill 2 spots...keep Louisville...im glad the series was extended, for another 4 years i believe, and hope it will continue beyond that.

I appreciate your feedback, but I get the feeling you never played or coached. That was not meant us a putdown, so don't take it that way. As a fan, I can see where you are coming from, but a break in a tough schedule is a good thing, believe me.

Are you upset with Tressel for playing Navy, Toledo and New Mexico State?

I appreciate your feedback, but I get the feeling you never played or coached. That was not meant us a putdown, so don't take it that way. As a fan, I can see where you are coming from, but a break in a tough schedule is a good thing, believe me.

Are you upset with Tressel for playing Navy, Toledo and New Mexico State?

i did play but no never coached, i could understand the logic of a break in a tough schedule around week 5 or 6 (though i probably wouldnt like it any more LOL) but a break in week 1 isnt really a break....and as i said before most of the time youll get a break or two during the season no matter how good your league is...i believe every team in the league has had a sub 500 record in the last 5 years...its just my opinion that coming off 2 scrimmages and basically a 3rd with an overwhelmed opponent is not a good recipe when facing a strong opponent week 2 and i believe its shown the last couple years...yes those Louisville teams were solid but i dont believe they were as far ahead talent wise as the scores would indicate.

i knew the OSU schedule would get brought up...you forgot to mention hes also playing USC, thats like us playing Iggy and that isnt happening anytime soon ;) my other thought on that would be with no playoff in 1A college football, losses are much more damaging...it makes since to not load up with powers every week. if OSU stubs their toe once they might miss a title shot, twice and its almost certain...Hoover can absorb a loss or two or three and still have a chance to win a title.

All good points, but I don't agree with comparing USC to Iggy. Let's face it, Iggy has an unfair advantage over us, whereas USC doesn't have the same over the Bucks.