#13 Ohio vs #4 Virginia

OhioBobcatFan06

Ohio is getting some love from the national media as a Cinderella to watch. They are all very high on Jason Preston. Additionally, UVA has COVID issues meaning they can’t even practice this week until Friday.

Ohio’s offense is clicking right now. Assuming Virginia’s defense doesn’t completely stop Preston from distributing, Vander Plas and Roderick should get some open looks from deep. If they are both hitting their shots Ohio will be in very good shape.

Ohio isn’t good on the boards but needs to be in this one. Ohio’s defense also worries me, particularly in the post where we will be undersized. Would love a double double from Dwight Wilson.

Certainly a trendy pick. I'm on the fence on this one.

Pace is going to be a big factor here, especially with UVA having over a week off without practice.

I wouldn’t call Ohio “uptempo” where they are running the fast break but when you look at pace stats they certainly are one of the quicker paced offenses in CBB and Virginia is slow as molasses. That’ll be an interesting dynamic.

It’s amazing to me seeing all the NBA hype that Preston is getting. As a freshman I watched him and thought he had some great potential but his progression has exceeded my wildest dreams. It’s very weird that the Mid-Major lower seed team is going to have the best player on the court.

OU goes slightly deeper but none of it out of their big guy. VA players regular a 7'1" and high scorer is 6'8". Five 40% from three including two forwards. a 6'9 and a 6'5" guard. If OU doesn't have the speed advantage at guard, it's a long day.

VA may not be sharp on offense due to the time off, but their defense and height will show up. I will root for the Bobcats but do not hold a lot of hope.

OU goes slightly deeper but none of it out of their big guy. VA players regular a 7'1" and high scorer is 6'8". Five 40% from three including two forwards. a 6'9 and a 6'5" guard. If OU doesn't have the speed advantage at guard, it's a long day.
Long day for virginia.

Virginia’s defense definitely gave Ohio problems. The ball movement for Ohio was not what it has been. Ohio did what it needed to do with Vander Plas and Roderick making 3’s.

Need to study up on Creighton but I would expect more of traditional Ohio offense with Preston/Vander Plas pick and roll with ball movement in a high-scoring game against them.

Go Bobcats!

I dislike OU as much as any other team but that was a great win. No reason why they can't beat Creighton in round 2.