Search results

1. S

NWO Baseball 2024

Northview vs AW - with St. Francis trying to play the spoiler. Clay vs Pburg - interesting game "if" Pburg can line up Hubbard and he is "on". Clay is in great shape with either of their top 2. Could see a 3-2 type game with small ball winning it.
  2. S

NWO Baseball 2024

3. S

NWO Baseball 2024

4. S

NWO Baseball 2024

Wow - average 11 pitches/inning for 9 innings. Not easy to do.
  5. S

Score Keeping Questions

Error - unless it is a bad hop or lost in the sun.....coming from a former pitcher lol.
  6. S

NWO Baseball 2024

Pretty quiet on here. Would be interested in hearing opinions on favorites to get out of the district in D1 and what their pitching looks like. I never trust an offense to carry teams in the tournament. Like to look at a pitcher's BB and K rate to judge who can make a run. Mr. Obvious, but...
  7. S

Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Agree - all of those guys are studs and who knows if he will continue to develop like they did in college and beyond. I really like his handle, court vision and ability to score on 3 levels. Everyone has parts of their game that needs work - his game seems more well rounded and not dependent...
  8. S

Mr. Basketball finalists announced

NIL maybe :) Easter is a top 50 player in his class and transferred to a prep school......not sure about the others.
  9. S

Also posted on another thread. EC was over matched and got bullied all game. They couldn't start their offense beyond about 8 feet of 1/2 court - the OG players were longer, stronger and more physical at every position. I'm not sure any coaching strategy would have decreased the margin. Miles...
  10. S

Mr. Basketball finalists announced

EC was over matched and got bullied all game. They couldn't start their offense beyond about 8 feet of 1/2 court - the OG players were longer, stronger and more physical at every position. I'm not sure any coaching strategy would have decreased the margin. Miles is a very good player and only a...
  11. S

2023-24 Northern Lakes League....both divisions

Other than the Pburg game the rest of the games are a toss up or Clay possibly favored. Should land somewhere between 13-15 wins. Great job by a lot of people turning the Titanic.
  12. S

Pay students to attend class

Oops, had not been on the debate thread in a while. This can be deleted. Like many of these types of programs I'm sure someone will get paid very well to "administer".
  13. S

Pay students to attend class

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/education/ohio-house-bill-348-pay-students-attend-school-decrease-absenteeism/512-0a530929-74ae-478d-8fcf-d340ef4bc707#:~:text=TOLEDO%2C%20Ohio%20%E2%80%94%20An%20Ohio%20House,have%20a%20chronic%20absenteeism%20problem. Now that they are in school what is next...
  14. S

Clay = 49ers, BG = Lions
  15. S

They could get to 10 wins for the 1st time since 2004 I believe. Combination of improvement and scheduling. Good momentum going forward with some promising young players in the years to come.
  16. S

Isn't Emmanual D3? I think MVCD's path to/through the D4 regional is Toledo Christian (District), Antwerp (District), Lima CC (Regional) plus 1 other team mixed in at the regional level. Lima CC is right there with Ottawa Glandorf and Findlay as far as results. Taking transitive property to...
  17. S

MVCD has half a season to figure it out, but this outcome doesn't paint a good picture of their chances to make a run. They will see teams (like Pburg) who they can't turnover and will force them to score in the 1/2 court vs changing looks on defense.
  18. S

Don't allow any fans involved to attend anymore games and hopefully they are being charged with assault. It is a fricken game.....adults (I was told) punching players/kids - beyond spineless.
  19. S

Can we get a petition going to juggle a few matchups? Findlay vs St. Francis and Rogers vs BG would make for a couple more competitive games.