Search results

1. nupanther

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

I stated earlier in the thread that my prediction was busy in urban/ suburban areas. Light in rural areas, especially rural areas not close any major thoroughfare. I drove from Youngstown (99% totality) to Jefferson (3.5 minutes of totality). Approx 45-50 miles staying off Rt 11. Rt 11 goes...
  2. nupanther

2024 MLB General Chat

Sounds like Margaret Whitten in Major League!
  3. nupanther

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

I agree. Some places will be swamped. Multiple reports of 2017 eclipse with extra long travel times, people running out of gas, etc. However some reported that their small town was the equivalent of a concert or sporting event. I think ( No expert opinion - just spitballing) that small towns...
  4. nupanther

Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Very nice start so far. But if yall remember last April they finished 20-8 Some positives- overall hitting, especially from Michael Taylor. Reynolds is his usual consistent self and Cruz is looking better. McCutcheon? Overall looking bad and very late on swings. I cannot fathom him staying...
  5. nupanther

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

I live in Mahoning County ( just out of totality), but I took April 8th off and will drive to either Northwest Trumbull County or Ashtabula County. About a 30-45 minute drive depending on whether I find a good spot or if traffic starts to get thick. I'm definitely staying off main arteries...
  6. nupanther

2024 Dead Celebrities

Many,many great roles for Lou Goseett. But I, and I assume a lot of yappsters, will fondly remember Gunnery Seargant Foley and his epic fight w/ Richard ' Mayonnaise ' Gere
  7. nupanther

NE8 2024

Better than a bye week. I initially saw John Adam's and thought that may be a decent Harbin game for Strudders. Then I peeked and saw they won 2 games in 23. Was running clocked by 3 Senate League teams not named Glenville
  8. nupanther

URSULINE & MOONEY PROJECTIONS/DISCUSSIONS 2024

So, it appears Mooney is playing 9 games on the North side. According to Joe Eitel the last time Mooney had such a light travel schedule was 2000. That year, along with this year, the longest trip was to Warren
  9. nupanther

URSULINE & MOONEY PROJECTIONS/DISCUSSIONS 2024

Kinda surprised that Ursuline is AGAIN going to Farrell. But I'm sure the environment will be more electric at the Steelers as opposed to Stambaugh
  10. nupanther

Who wins D4?

Richmond Hts is getting to the hoop easily. When then start finishing better this will be a blowout of 25+
  11. nupanther

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

Going back to that 1987 Mooney team..... So, only St Joe's scored offensive TDs against Mooney in the regular season. How did Sheridan score in the championship game? Was it against Mooneys 1st string? This has got to be the most impressive defensive performance in the Mahoning Valley in the...
  12. nupanther

Lawrence (Larry) Snyder - Canton Central great & long-time OSU head coach

Speaking of Larry Snyder in the movie Race.... My son and I watched Race at the theater. While Jason Sudekis did a very good job, he seemed miscast due to his previous comedic roles. We kept waiting for him to say or do something goofy
  13. nupanther

2023-24 VASJ Vikings Basketball Official Thread

Im sure YSNLIVE.COM will have this for 9.99 next week.
  14. nupanther

High School Sports and the April 8 Eclipse

Thank You! I was just about to post something similar. Not that I EXACTLY knew what will happen, but the fact that thete was a total eclipse in 2017. All one has to do is look back at communities that were in totality and either read or call officials to experience what they went through...
  15. nupanther

2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers also let go Patrick Peyerson and Allen Robinson. They are interested in signing Bills starting center - recently a free agent. About Wilson being a ' rah-rah everything is awesome ' that sounds like a perfect fit for a blue collar town like Pittsburgh. Now, the diva behavior that...
  16. nupanther

Youngstown area boys scores/schedules/discussion

Canfield 40 Canal Fulton NW 33 4 Austintown Fitch 46 Elyria 48 4 West Branch 37 Revere 34 4 Howland 38 Rocky River 26
  17. nupanther

According to WKBN.COM Howland. 38 Rocky River 26 4th quarter
  18. nupanther

Would you draft Bronny James in hopes to get LeBron to come to your team?

Tearing, as in ripping up the competition ? Or tearing, as in crying as his stat line mirrors Vince Carter when he was 40
  19. nupanther

Wembanyamba or Clark?

But that high viewership was due to Clark on the cusp of breaking Pistol Pete's record. What are the Hawkeyes ratings on the other games? Look, I like Clark and I think she will be a fantastic player in the WNBA. But I remember listening to one of the radio pundits several years ago in...
  20. nupanther

Richmond Hts defeated Western Reserve March 5th. 62-26