Search results

1. I

Eased restrictions on facial hair among wrestling rules changes from NFHS

Can’t speak to Ohio currently. Out of state and in places there is no wrestling culture whatsoever. Yes. It has. Though I’m mildly vocal about wrestling growing and how people need to get outside their bubble . so there’s that. As far as the person whining about da beards and long hair.. who...
  2. I

What happened to Cincinnati?

I see a a lot of “well cincy wrestling won’t be good unless catholic schools learn to properly poach again.. how about programs get built
  3. I

What happened to Cincinnati?

As far as the Harrison boys vs girls goes… the depth at girls is not as deep(not a diss, DI Ohio is literally some of the toughest in the country) and they have 2-3 high point scorers.. That seems like an excuse to just bash girls wrestling. Not a good faith argument
  4. I

WOW, tough break for Cooper shore!

I’m used to way less being called a slam where I’m at. Secondly, they’ve always been called this way. Idk why people are suddenly acting like things that have been strictly enforced for a long time before things were so litigious are some new thing… - like requiring a physical - Not playing...
  5. I

the annual throwing a match at districts thread will be heated the next couple weeks

Eh I see the things he’s talking about leading to trends and attitudes. Feel free to disagree
  6. I

the annual throwing a match at districts thread will be heated the next couple weeks

Coach, I’ve found to a shocking degree. The people who grand stand the most on things like this fit into the same crowd that seem to very much wants wrestling to be club sport only accessible to those that can pay. The kind that hate the idea that a kid who starts in 7-10th grade can catch the...
  7. I

NFHS questionnaire survey

I more so want the 30 minute rule for similar reasons. And yes, I have worked them.
  8. I

Yes. This and 6 matches would make things run so much better
  9. I

The “Never” “Rarely” “Frequent” “Always” Possible answers for a few of the questions were irritating. Especially considering it didn’t let you say certain rule violations happened more than rarely but less than frequently.
  10. I

Demas hits the portal.

Dena’s wanted to go 149. Apparently Lou only did it because of Mitch Moore’s concussion. Outside of that. Not sure
  11. I

St. Ed's Top 5 Teams Ever

I almost was a troll and said 2010 and 2014… but. In all honesty I’m more amazed at the consistency. Especially the longer I coach
  12. I

Graham vs St. Eds

I think it’s a pretty simple situation if one is pragmatic and not a snowflake. Would you rather risk more spreading, exposure, sit outs and cancellations to have a garbage basically jv dual in Jan.. Or. Would you rather have a couple slow weeks now and a way less likely to be destroyed state...
  13. I

Graham vs St. Eds

Given the data coming from South Africa and Britain. I would much rather things slow down for a couple weeks than it get worse and cancel season again…
  14. I

SWOWCA - Dec 18/19

I thought they always used their own software?
  15. I

Ohsaa Rule Modification

Good rule. Only allow one point scorer per school and it should be fine
  16. I

How Hold-Backs Were Treated Decades Ago

It’s a pragmatic solution. Therefore people shall knash their teeth and cry out in distress
  17. I

OHSAA 7th and 8th Grade Interpretation

I think you should articulate it. I agree absolutely btw. These things need to be laid out. Especially when they can’t handle not over competing their little 12 year old stud for a couple months without a tantrum
  18. I

People, Ohio really has the best of both worlds by having the Jr high state after the regular middle school season. Many states the kid has to pick one or the other. Either do a tiny jr high season for a county/conference title or do the club and club state. while I said it’s not followed well...
  19. I

The way I’ve always understood how Ohio wrestling has worked is that the OHSAA only really enforces if it’s reported or so blatant that it causes a “this is why we can’t have nice things” reaction from everyone