Search results

1. A

EBC Football 2023

Alliance did struggle at the positions you mentioned the Oline and DLine. It was mentioned a few times through out this post and all season that the Line wasn’t as great. But an Alliance coach kept posting on here “ they are doing great, they will be okay” so no nobody wanted to fix the problem...
  2. A

The O-fficial Alliance vs Marlington backyard brawl thread

Alliance played Lake week 1, with a new RB for Lake learning the ropes. You move that game to later in the season Lake wins by 14. Alliance Defense can not stop any team that Runs the ball. (Loss to to Streetsboro, Carrollton, CCC). Their Defense had a rough matching up with Niles RB...
  3. A

EBC Football 2023

I say we first start with. When the the game is on the line or in general why isn’t your BEST 11 on the field at all times. Why are play markers on the sideline when asking to be put in on Defense.
  4. A

EBC Football 2023

Well with Week Nine EBC teams that are looking at the post season. West Branch currently sitting at the 4th spot Alliance currently sitting at the 15th spot Carrollton sitting at the 16th spot. Unfortunately I see Carrollton missing after a loss to West Branch because they will drop to...
  5. A

EBC Football 2023

100% the defense is not doing so well at making adjustments. During the Streetsboro game. Alliances defense had 10 guys in the box and still couldn’t stop the run.
  6. A

EBC Football 2023

And I was actually there the whole game to see Goodman get out coached on a trick play the in first. I was there to see the 20 to 14 going into the 4th. No scouting, I pay my money to get in and cheer for Alliance sit by the band every game and hope for a win. But maybe a coach can’t take any...
  7. A

EBC Football 2023

50 kids on their active roster. So if 30 was at JV only 20 roughly true varsity guys. Can’t forget that the Seniors were coached from 7th grade from Whitings staff. They are still Whiting players. I would take Seth Whiting over Tim Goodman any day Alliance can win league cool but win a...
  8. A

EBC Football 2023

A 0-3 Akron Ellet team came to play Alliance at mount. A game on paper that looks more dominant than it was. It was 20-14 going into the 4th quarter. The Akron Ellet team had maybe 30 players. But once again Alliance lineman false starts, holds, and off sides. Alliance has talent but for some...
  9. A

EBC Football 2023

2 weeks ago minerva had a 21-0 lead at half and blew it. Now they can barley score. But the problem is Minerva is they hire the same people over and over again. How many roles and times are are going to see familiar faces in different roles on the sidelines and expect any difference. And other...
  10. A

EBC Football 2023

my “sloppy” comment was for the mental mistakes they have made. I see a team that could easily be a State champion if they tighten a few things. Like the constant false starts or the off sides. The not blocking for more than a second. And some coaching and play calling. I love my Aviators but...
  11. A

EBC Football 2023

So I’m not an Alliance guy because I’m stating what I’m seeing from the stands!? Because I’m saying some negative stuff I’m seeing. Sorry I’m not jock riding saying Alliance is the best and no one can touch them. I clearly stating things that need cleaned up to be an even better team.
  12. A

EBC Football 2023

1) 3 weeks of football you can see more than one team. 2) “sloppy football” aka let’s get the line to block for more than a second and let Zurb read the field. Make plays so he’s not running for his life. Or constant false starts or off sides from the line. Also witnessed a lot of...
  13. A

EBC Football 2023

Well folks after week 3 is completed here are your current standings 1. Marlington (3-0) 2. Alliance (2-1) 2. West Branch (2-1) 3. Carrollton (1-2) 4. Salem (0-3) 5. Minerva (0-3) Dukes (3-0) - With Coach Cardinal and Coach Aubeteen those young men are just getting better and better...
  14. A

ALLIANCE UPSETS LAKE ON THE ROAD

It was a nice win for Alliance. I believe it was the first time they beat Lake since 2003. Obviously they need to work on some things. But I would like to see the Offensive Line giving Zurb a little bit more time. When he was able to sit back in the pocket he threw some nice passes.
  15. A

Minerva Lions 2023

I know they Lost their Oline coach (mattox) to Alliance. Heard they got 48 kids out this year with 20 being freshmen. Dietrich will probably be starting QB again and switching off with Miller. But looks like the same old Lions. I believe they should jump to the 8 man football, build the program...
  16. A

Week 1: Alliance @ Lake

Lake BlueStreaks 35 Alliance Aviators 21
  17. A

EBC Football 2023

don’t count out Marlington in many games. New coach, new life over there. Plus they added some great coaches as well
  18. A

EBC Football 2023

Yes
  19. A

EBC Football 2023

Team records for 2023-2024 season Aviators 8-2 Salem 6-4 Minerva 0-10 Carrollton 5-5 Marlington 5-5 West branch 9-1 In all seriousness, why doesn’t Minerva take a page from Sebring. Go to 8 man football for awhile. Build up their win, and grow the program to come back to 11 man football.
  20. A

EBC Football 2023

No problem my friend. Just wanted to clarify. He can verbal commit to all the schools. But comes down to signing the papers, that’s when the college world gets you with waiting and stuff. I think we should be talking about how he has the grades for a offer from Yale