Search results

1. LS92

Most Wins Against an Opponent without a Loss?

Yeah, when we go 3-0 in the league instead of 2-1 and sharing the league title.
  2. LS92

Most Wins Against an Opponent without a Loss?

No, but I can name you a team that has 4 state football titles, but only two outright league titles. ;)
  3. LS92

2024 Open / Unknowns V3.0

Assuming this is correct, that would give Harvest Prep both of the 2019 D1 and D2 state champs on their schedule. Not bad for a D5 program. Much respect.
  4. LS92

Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

Last year I think he did so in July. but early August would be more historically common. Their will be a joyful hubbub here whenever he does.
  5. LS92

2024 Open / Unknowns V3.0

A small downgrade, yes, but still a quality opponent. I went to the Roncalli@Elder game in 2021 with a buddy of mine who wears his two Roncalli state title rings. It's the only time I root against Elder except for when they play La Salle. That said, in 2021 Roncalli beat Elder 35-21. Roncalli...
  6. LS92

Avon vs. Saint Ignatius

Honestly, if not my Lancers, I would love for Avon to win the title in 2024. That would give each of the top 6 programs in D2 over the last decade a state title in 6 consecutive seasons. Best of luck to your Eagles. :)
  7. LS92

2024 Schedules - Division II

It looks like both La Salle and Hoban are open week 9.
  8. LS92

Closed schools thread.

In southeastern Indiana (Greater Cincinnati) in the 1950's, North Dearborn + Guilford High School + maybe more combined to form East Central High School. My dad, who's 92 now, still brags often about having the highest GPA in the history of Guilford High School.
  9. LS92

Congrats to the Yappi Pollsters - 7 For 7 on #1 Teams Winning The Championship

Updated that thread with the results, using both the scoring formula you had (1,2,3,4,5,6 pts per round) and my own (1,2,4,8,16,32 pts per round). Enjoy! And thanks again for hosting such a wonderful forum for us, and for recording these results for us to analyze later. :)
  10. LS92

Battle of the Football Rankings

Using a more traditional tournament scoring model: 1 point per first round win 2 points per second round win 4 points per regional semifinal win 8 points per regional final win 16 points for state semifinal win 32 points for state championship We end up with no ties, as in the original scoring...
  11. LS92

From a quick glance at the details, the playoffs had several surprises: Springfield, D1 Finalist, Region 2 Champ Celina,D3 Region 12 Champ Caldwell, D7 Region 27 Champ Those teams were on none of the polls, and had a combined 35 points in Yappi's scoring model.
  12. LS92

For those who want to either check my work, or to modify the scoring system used: Full details as a TSV of the values only: Pastebin link to TSV of values Full details as a CSV of the formulas and base data as values: Pastebin link to CSV of formulae
  13. LS92

Full details as an image:
  14. LS92

Spreadsheet completed. Asterisks: In D3, AP picked two #10s, Granville and Trotwood-Madison. I'm giving them Granville since they survived an extra round and removing Trotwood from their entry to simplify the formulas. Ok, the Theoretical Max = 21+16+10+10+6+6+6+6+3+3=87 per division * 7= 609...
  15. LS92

Too bad. I'd like to watch the second half of that game. ;)
  16. LS92

Congrats to the Yappi Pollsters - 7 For 7 on #1 Teams Winning The Championship

You had started a thread with Yappi, AP, Fantastic50, Calpreps I think, and maybe more and a scoring system to rank the different respective polls right before the playoffs. Got a link? Thanks.
  17. LS92

Championship Games Less Competitive?

Thank goodness you're still alive! I thought for sure the Lord was gonna call you home last night.
  18. LS92

Massillon Tigers 2023 State Champions

Congrats to Coach Moore and the Tigers! Well earned. And about time.
  19. LS92

2023 Massillon Football

Congratulations! Well earned. One heckuva defense you have this year.
  20. LS92

Thanks. :)