Search results

1. E

Preliminary volleyball divisions.

LC is definitely not my team. I appreciated the way they played the last 3 years for sure though. My point is that times change and my guess is Central Ohio is about to make a run across most sports due to demographics.
  2. E

2024-25 team

It's not original thought on my part nor is using my last name in my screen name and then labeling my kid a "phenom".
  3. E

Preliminary volleyball divisions.

Lake Catholic handled all that D1 smoke last year. The rest of the State will live with possibility of elevating their game to compete. Iggy used to kick Southern Ohios butt in football and eventually that changed. Now they just do it in Hockey, Soccer, and Hoops. Hubris.
  4. E

2024-25 team

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's butt, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.
  5. E

2024-25 team

I covered that in rule #1
  6. E

2024-25 team

Was that in your bio ?
  7. E

2024-25 team

1. You have to have a dad that goes on public forums and rebuts anything he perceived negative said about you. 2. No one will take you seriously unless you were held back. 3. To be taken seriously the dad must abuse steroids, wear t shirts a size too small, only work arms and calves at the gym...
  8. E

Coach Tom Ryan seriously injured

I wanted to make this point a couple weeks ago but never did. Coach Ryan is great imo. PSU is the anomaly and the rest of us are just waiting for Cael to make a mistake. OSU wrasslin is 100 times more relevant in the 20's than they were in the 80s or 90s. Disagree, find fault, whatever. Coach...
  9. E

2024-25 team

Ez Frances
  10. E

Ohio State at NCAAs

Must not have been held back if you follow this forums threads.
  11. E

16 year old freshman and 20year old seniors .

My son is a hockey player for US and is 15 1/2 and 6'2" but only 150 lbs. This year he was the last cut from varsity and was bummed. I understood why but pointed out that all the sophomores who made that team would be turning 17 during the school year. I could have held him back but for what...
  12. E

16 year old freshman and 20year old seniors .

I've read enough comments on this forum that leads me to believe many of the people posting should have been held back. 17 is the new normal as a sophomore and you can blame Malcolm Gladwell. Don't think this is exclusive to wrestling for a second. Talent beats age in most cases.
  13. E

Centerville vs St Ignatius State Final

No the NIL fund is my taxes paying for public school kids. My disposable income is what pays for tuition.
  14. E

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

It's those math skills that made you a great cyo accountant.
  15. E

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 8 - Richard Figueroa - ASU 133 - 6 - Vito Arujau - COR 141 - 14 - Jesse Vasquez - ASU 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 3 - Meyer Shapiro - COR 165 - 2 - Mitchell Mesenbrink - PSU 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 5 - Lenny Pinto - NEB 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 4 - Cohlton...
  16. E

Match prediction accuracy for the full season - DubStat

Maybe change your moniker to "Moneymat" because this yappi wrestling forum has its own Bill James. Interesting read.
  17. E

Division II Team Race?

If my aunt had testicles she would be my uncle.
  18. E

2024 Boro Fan Almanac

I am always envious as a hockey parent of the amount of focus and discussion that goes on in these pages. Boro Fan and Dubstat you do great work and are worthy heirs to a legacy of detailed prognostication. The Brakeman report fueled my interest in the sport as far back as I can remember. Great...
  19. E

Division II Team Race?

Ed's has like 35 team state championships since '78. That doesn't include dual team SC. Graham is a great D2 program and probably best D2 wrestling program ever, but Ed's legacy is just better. It's just a fact. Was there years when SPG was better, for sure. But you can't give SPG credit for...
  20. E

Division II Team Race?

Grahams run is great but Graham folks want to have it both ways. On one hand you will lament the Ed's and Walsh's of the world for recruiting, and in the next sentence you will tout DT as Graham Local Parisian. In the end Graham acts like any other parochial school. Graham has had some great...