Search results

1. P

Licking County League Rivals in Football 🏈

I would agree with the Valley/Granville rivalry but since you said "biggest", I would have to go with Watkins vs Heights "Battle of Broad Street". Both of those schools are bigger so if bigger means more people, they win. Although the Granville/Valley game usually has "bigger" implications for...
  2. P

Granville's new coach

With this hire (Heath Hinton), it looks like they are trying to slow the quick turnover they have been experiencing. https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2024/02/28/hinton-taking-granville-job-with-successful-head-coaching-experience/72777253007/
  3. P

orange fb job

Also having had kids in this district and in athletics, I need to push back a little on a couple of your observations. But first, agreement. Athletics are not the focal point this is true. But should they be? Methinks not. There should be a balance and I think Granville strikes a pretty...
  4. P

orange fb job

Link to the story https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2024/01/12/wes-schroeder-leaves-granville-football-for-olentangy-orange/72182023007/
  5. P

orange fb job

There appears to be a pattern forming of young, promising coaches looking to pad their resumes whilst using Granville as a stepping stone to greener pastures. First Justin Buttermore (Granville -> Upper Arlington) and now Schroeder. Is this a good thing or not for Granville being the conduit...
  6. P

Division 3 Region 11: Bellefontaine vs Granville

Perhaps. But you can sit wherever you want, home or away side. You just may need to keep your crazy under control if you decide or need to sit on the opposite side. I have often sat on the home side during away games if there is plenty of room. Often can get a better seat and you get to see...
  7. P

Central Ohio Football Rankings + Week 6 Discussion

I would switch West Jeff and Heath. I have seen both of these teams play in person. Heath vs Granville where they outgained Granville offensively. West Jeff vs Southeastern. Heath is more athletic and is more physical and believe they would beat West Jeff in a high scoring game. Other than...
  8. P

Whaaat? HS football makes comeback?

https://www.wsj.com/sports/football/high-school-sport-participation-growth-nfl-4e3a2925
  9. P

Girls Enrollment Numbers

A quick google search revealed the followoing: There are biological reasons why there are slightly more boys born every year than girls. The 'natural' sex ratio at birth is around 105 boys per 100 girls (ranging from around 103 to 107 boys).
  10. P

State (Team) predictions, Division 1

From Newton's list throwing out streaks of "1" because I don't see that as a streak. Southwest Ohio teams as I have identified them are in bold and represent 8 out of 34 teams that have a streak of 2 or more visits to State. So, you could argue that Southwest Ohio has a fair share of...
  11. P

Division 3 Region 11 #10 Bellefontaine @ #7 Granville

Do you have video to share that shows this? Here is the recount of that play published in the Newark Advocate with a quote from the defender. St. Clair, a highly-touted 6-foot-4, 200-pound sophomore, had quickly marched Bellefontaine (8-3) to the Granville 22 for a shot at the end zone...
  12. P

These teams were very similar. This game was quite exciting to watch. Lots of big plays by both teams' offense and defense. With St Clair and Fogan coming back next year (presumably) Bellefontaine will be a team to watch and tough to beat.
  13. P

Minster Girls Win Cross Country District With 'Perfect 15', Ft. Recovery Has Two District Individual Champions

To be honest, it was a quasi-sarcastic response to the original post about Minster getting a perfect 15. It is not all that uncommon with small and weak districts. I would be for the idea of doing away with separate sectional/regional meets and combining them into one set of more numerous...
  14. P

I see a lot of parity in R11 among 8 of the top 10. I don't see a clear favorite to win this region. Granville this year has a pretty good defense. They have a run/pass balanced offense but can go to the air successfully if a team shuts down their run. Their kicking game has also shown to...
  15. P

Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

I think Footballguy has a point. What strikes me about R11 at this point is there looks to be a lot of parity. I don't see any team in R11 that is a significant favorite. There are several solid teams that could get hot in post season and take R11. Watterson and Bellefontaine are two strong...
  16. P

No Band No Football

There seems to be a lot of complaints about this thread not belonging on this board because it has nothing to do with football. I recall a few threads discussing concessions with no similar complaints.
  17. P

No Band No Football

The reason that so many privates (read Catholic) are so much better at football (sports) than band (music) is because sports are much more relevant to their organizations. Those are not hymnals in the pews, they are play books. That is not a sermon, it is the half-time pep-talk. Spontaneous...
  18. P

I have picked a side on the "no ticket sales at the gate" debate

Obviously tung in cheek since schools don't pay income tax so what would be the point?
  19. P

Week 4 Ft. Loramie Vs Newark Catholic

https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2022/09/13/experienced-offensive-line-sets-stage-for-newark-catholic-football/66120073007/