Search results

1. Irish60

Under-the-radar players

We all have a general idea of the leading candidates for Player of the Year. Whether it is Cupps from Centerville or one of the youngsters, Darryn Peterson or Jerry Easter, or one of the other top candidates, the pool is pretty well known. But who would be some of the players who are flying...
  2. Irish60

STVM vs. Cleveland Heights

The Irish came out of the match up with Hoban relatively healthy and brimming with confidence. I don't know much about Cleveland Heights other than they have a sterling record and one of the best players in the State. As far as playoff implications, I'm thinking the game is more impactful to...
  3. Irish60

Best basketball programs from schools that no longer exist

I've seen several threads about the best high school basketball programs in the State of Ohio, but none that deal specifically with high schools that have shut down for one reason or another. So, which are the best high school programs from schools that no longer exist? In Akron, it is easy...
  4. Irish60

Vertical Academy - Is this the next step in the evolution of AAU?

I never heard of Vertical Academy before. But with them playing Centerville and Brush in the last week. I thought I'd take a look. And no surprise I never heard of them! It was just created by Mahlon Williams, who is apparently Mikey Williams dad. So, this is the next step in the evolution of...
  5. Irish60

Toughest basketball schedule 2021-2022

Which teams will have the toughest schedules for the upcoming season? Year in and year out, STVM has one of the toughest schedules, and this year is certainly no different. Is it the toughest in Ohio? I can't imagine too many tougher...