Search results

1. S

Canton McKinley (9-3) vs St Edward (11-1)

Caleb, Please let me defer to Dave Dawg on this question. He is more knowledgeable than I in this area. Thanks, sam
  2. S

Let me begin by saying CONGRATULATIONS to St EDWARD! You have a great team, and I wish you success going forward. Secondly, IMO, the PUPS lost this game due to TURNOVERS. McKinley had FIVE and St Edward had ONE Turnover (fumble). McKinley Lost TWO fumbles , threw TWO Interceptions, and had...
  3. S

MCK 2023

Good Game St. Edward who beats McK 41-17 in the 3rd Round of the playoffs. Usually I post some game stats here, but "cantonmckinley.com" does an excellent job with a full rundown. (Just X-out the sign on page, and look for "#GoPups".) Several stats did however stick out for me: 1. Both...
  4. S

As info, this game will be televised live in the Cleveland area by Spectrum Channel 61/ COX COMMUNICATIONS Cable system. Go PUPS! Good luck to all, sam
  5. S

MCK 2023

CONGRATULATIONS McKinley! The Pups win second round play-off game 28-24 against St. Ignatius. Some select Game Statistics are (Turbostats): 1st Downs......... McK 15...........SI 15 Total Plays..........M 55..............SI 57 Total Yds.............M 302..............SI 323...
  6. S

Week 12: Cleveland St Ignatius (3 - 8) at Canton McKinley (8 - 3)

OK, All of you Geniuses, cry all you want for a St Ignatius lose, BUT, do give some credit to a McKinley win. After all, The Pups had to score the winning TD TWICE in the 4th Quarter! The FIRST time, THAT TD was called back due to a holding penalty. THEN, LATER, McK had to score AGAIN to...
  7. S

MCK 2023

"For all the weeping and gnashing of teeth about McK...." --------------------------------- Really??? As Bulldog fans, we all want the same thing - A winning BULLDOG team. And, for some of us older fans, we want even more - A team that wins THE RIGHT WAY! IF Mother Theresa was the Head...
  8. S

MCK 2023

CONGRATULATIONS! McKinley wins first round play-off game 37-13 over Strongsville. Below are a few selected game stats (from Turbostats) Total Yds.................McK 391 ..................Str 176 Total Plays.............McK 61.....................Str 49 Rushing...............Mck 44 for 256...
  9. S

Canton McKinley football program

I went to cantonmckinley.com and saw the following notice: "McKinley will have one player suspended and another sitting at least a quarter as punishment for last week's postgame fight." (Note: due to student privacy rights, no names were given.) Good luck to all. Go Pups! sam/mck
  10. S

MCK 2023

Good game Massillon. Tigers beat the Pups 35- 0. A low point for McKinley as a Brawl breaks out on the field at the end of the game. Three stats say it all for me (per Turbostats): 1. Total yds..... McK 79................Mass 311 2. Turnovers...... McK 3 ... (1 int thrown .... 2 fumbles...
  11. S

MCK 2023

Good game Glen-Oak... Eagles beat the Pups 7-3 Some game stats (from Turbostats): !st Downs.... Mck 7.... G/o 13 Total Plays....M 34........G 50 Total Yds.......M169.......G 207 Passing................M 5 of 9 for 102 yds & 0 int & 0 tds ................................G 5 of 9 for 44 yds &...
  12. S

MCK 2023

CONGRATULATIONS PUPS for beating Jackson! I wish I had the final score and some stats to share, but my internet source only has partial stats posted at this time. (I had minor surgery earlier today and so I do not have much info to share about tonight's game.) Good luck to the PUPS against...
  13. S

6-1 McKinley Vs 4-3 Jackson

I support the Pups and will cheer them on! However, I do NOT see them as a juggernaut that overpowers their opposition. The Pups need to execute their game plan with far fewer penalties and turnovers for me to breathe more easily. Last week against Lake, the Bulldogs committed TEN...
  14. S

MCK 2023

Bootleg, We have a difference of opinion regarding TURNOVERS & PENALTIES. IMO, you seem to feel that these are areas of light concern and are merely a part of the game. On the other hand, I feel that the (Lake) THREE Turnovers and TEN Penalties need to be seriously addressed by the coaching...
  15. S

MCK 2023

CONGRATULATIONS PUPS!! McKinley 29 wins over Lake 22 Selected Game Stats (by Turbostats) 1st downs..... McK 18.... Lake 13 Total Plays.... M 58.....L 52 Total Yds.... M 390 ... L 261 Passing... M 13 of 16 for 237 yds &1 int & 1 td ..................L (combined) 10 of 20 for 112 yds... 0...
  16. S

MCK 2023

CONGRATULATIONS PUPS!!.... McKinley 37 wins over N.Canton 28 (Game stats by TURBOSTATS) !st Downs.... McK 21.....NC13 Total Plays...McK 55.......NC54 Total yds.....McK 378.....NC 255 Passing.... McK 13-19-162 & 0 int & 3 TD... NC 21-32-211-2int-2td Rushing...36 for 216 yd & 2td.....22...
  17. S

MCK 2023

JAF, I respectfully disagree with your above statements. It seems to me that you are saying that "the Ends justifies the Means". That sentiment should never be accepted. THE WIN (the Ends) does not justify THE SLOPPY coaching and player execution (the Means). As fans we should expect higher...
  18. S

MCK 2023

IMO, there are Two versions of McKinley which can show up on game day. The one is the team which played against Warren Harding, Dublin Coffman, and Perry. That team had good game planning and player execution. The "other" team is the one who played against Uniontown Green which displayed...
  19. S

MCK 2023

IMO, the next four games will tell the story. If the team convincingly runs thru the remainder of the schedule, then the sky is the limit. If the team falters now in the stretch run to the end of the season, then coaching changes are needed. I prefer consistency almost to a fault...
  20. S

MCK 2023

McK Pups, Tonight was a thrilling win 28-27 over the Green Bulldogs. But truth be told, it was a hole we dug for ourselves (with help from GREEN) which we later just were able to climb out in time. The McK Pups shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly with error after error such as FIVE thrown...