2023-24 Ohio State Basketball

IMG_1673.jpeg

4* transfer. Yeah, don’t need any of those lol
4* out of high school has not translated to college. In 2 seasons at UT he has not starts, small minuted, not attempted a 3 and low volume rebounder/scorer. Are we looking in the portal for an 8th man in the playing rotation? Give those minutes to Parks.

4* out of high school has not translated to college. In 2 seasons at UT he has not starts, small minuted, not attempted a 3 and low volume rebounder/scorer. Are we looking in the portal for an 8th man in the playing rotation? Give those minutes to Parks.
Agreed, it would be a trash pickup. It’s funny that the beat writers with OSU basketball like Patrick Murphy have said Diebler was in “lock step” on most things Holtmann did. So OSU just hired a no name coach similar to Holtmann? wtf has happened to this program?

I am no expert (unlike Tweedledee and Tweedledum) but these are the facts Awaka had 18 pts. 10 rebounds vs Mizzou, 12 boards vs NC State. Season stats avg. 13 min per game, shot 59%, 4.6 rebounds per game, and 74% from the Free throw line. His rebounding numbers are impressive considering minutes played.

I’d be happy with Awaka as a back up center/play some 5 with Bradshaw at the 4. Parks hasn’t played for a reason and it’s not like OSU had a glut of quality bigs in his way. With the assumption of improvement from last year, he could be a 10 and 8 with plus defense kind of guy at 20 minutes per game. Thats a great back up.

I’m not trying anything, just passing along what I saw.

By the way, what is Townsend gonna say: “Yeah, this is right, I’m just in it for the money and these guys welch on their money like the college version of Ippei Mizuhara, so I’m not going there.”
That “source” of yours is a DePaul grad. Wonder if there is a coach there that may have an axe to grind about Ohio St

Lol that "insider" is getting pooped on by Seth Davis now. Guy has decided to double down stating cash being withheld unless said players "representatives" deliver a "big man" to Ohio State. Ohio State already got Bradshaw.

I have no doubt players get stiffed often due to bad if no representation and failing to sign contracts, but this reeks of a butthurt Holtmann throwing crap at the fan. Name the player if you're going to go this far with it, especially since everyone that could have gotten paid last year aside from Thornton is either out of eligibility or has transferred out.

I am no expert (unlike Tweedledee and Tweedledum) but these are the facts Awaka had 18 pts. 10 rebounds vs Mizzou, 12 boards vs NC State. Season stats avg. 13 min per game, shot 59%, 4.6 rebounds per game, and 74% from the Free throw line. His rebounding numbers are impressive considering minutes played.
I'm no expert and those are true factual stats. If he wants to come to Ohio State, let him. If Diebler is going after someone and heavily recruiting with NIL support, let's get someone who has a more consistent impressive stat line. We already have one Mahaffey. Unless they totally missed the boat on Parks, he needs to be providing some in the paint stats this season or the transfer bug should get him.

This thread is super entertaining.

One guy thinks he is the ultimate authority on every player, and he knows better than Diebler and the Arizona coaches how good a player is.

Another guy falls for a tweet from a nobody called Zyavier Ricks and thinks it is gospel so he posts it because he hates OSU.

Another couple of people actually post facts, which is appreciated since I don;t have time to be familiar with all of the names floating around the portal. I'll just keep hoping the Bucks get some size and shooting and try to ignore the rest of the nonsense.

This thread is super entertaining.

One guy thinks he is the ultimate authority on every player, and he knows better than Diebler and the Arizona coaches how good a player is.

Another guy falls for a tweet from a nobody called Zyavier Ricks and thinks it is gospel so he posts it because he hates OSU.

Another couple of people actually post facts, which is appreciated since I don;t have time to be familiar with all of the names floating around the portal. I'll just keep hoping the Bucks get some size and shooting and try to ignore the rest of the nonsense.
I will say this, most years this isn’t a very lively thread…even in the middle of a good OSU season…so it’s strange, but welcome, to see so much daily interest in OSU basketball.