D7 R25 2024

Anyone wanna put their name in ....

Dalton High School is looking for an assistant football coach for the upcoming 2024 football season. If interested, please contact head coach Ray Leek at rleek@daltonlocal.org
Pick Me I Know GIF by Jackie James

I won the Super Bowl in Madden on my PlayStation 2 once

Dalton, please consider this candidate for a coveted assistant coaching position on the Ray Leek regime:

1713206784111.png

Coach Julio Gulling

Matt Gulling or Mark Gulling, I can't keep track of either so I call him Julio, and his 11-37 record at Tuslaw is an impressive Marion Campbell-like 1980's Atlanta Falcons effort.

1713207253834.png

Coach Gulling could easily make the 4.5 mile drive after class at Tuslaw to make it to the Dalton football practices.

Rumor on the street is he'll work for free 3D Meats. Make this happen, Dalton.

Last edited:
If Dalton is interested we had Jim Cornette coach us for a game at Tuslaw back in 2021 and he'd come to Dalton as an assistant if he can bring his tennis racket on the sidelines.

1713209797527.png

Bulldogs dropped Kirtland???
They did a home & away and that was all it was ever going to be. Tiger & Dial became friends and pushed for the game. When Dalton let Dial leave that game was never going to be renewed.

And it just occurred to me, Daltons new coach will coach his first game AT Kirtland this fall….(yikes!)

Last edited:
Just saw where Hillsdale opens up at home next year and then goes to Lucas and to Loudonville for a total of 27.6 miles traveled for their non-league schedule....Wouldn't be surprised if that is the lowest amount in the state for D7 or anyone with 2 road games out of 3 non-conference games.

Just saw where Hillsdale opens up at home next year and then goes to Lucas and to Loudonville for a total of 27.6 miles traveled for their non-league schedule....Wouldn't be surprised if that is the lowest amount in the state.
That is quite amazing.

Debuting the air raid at Kirtland.....
Im Scared House Of Villains GIF by E!
A Kirtland local said that for years Tiger didn't do 7 on 7 and then relented a few years back. Since then his teams are, in typical Kirtland fashion, one of the toughest "outs" in the summer tourneys. Have to figure running around playing 2 hand tap feels like awful light work compared to what they typically do.

A Kirtland local said that for years Tiger didn't do 7 on 7 and then relented a few years back. Since then his teams are, in typical Kirtland fashion, one of the toughest "outs" in the summer tourneys. Have to figure running around playing 2 hand tap feels like awful light work compared to what they typically do.
For sure. Tiger is going to have a lot of companies approaching him about building culture and work ethic whenever he decides to hang it up. If he doesn't already have that now. Not only are they tougher than you in a game of trenches, but they will out athlete you as well.

For sure. Tiger is going to have a lot of companies approaching him about building culture and work ethic whenever he decides to hang it up. If he doesn't already have that now. Not only are they tougher than you in a game of trenches, but they will out athlete you as well.
Two companies and/or non profits that don't need The Kirtland Tiger are BellStores and The David Foundation. They have championship organizations and Tuslaw loves them both. You just wait for the planned BellStores party district to be built behind the visiting stands in the farm field at William E. Kurtz BellStores Stadium. It will make the NFL look small.

Two companies and/or non profits that don't need The Kirtland Tiger are BellStores and The David Foundation. They have championship organizations and Tuslaw loves them both. You just wait for the planned BellStores party district to be built behind the visiting stands in the farm field at William E. Kurtz BellStores Stadium. It will make the NFL look small.

Fellas ... compile an imaginary league (10 teams) of R21/25 & R23/R27 teams to rival the MAC in football.

One caveat. The league must only contain D6 and D7 schools.

GO!

I'll start:

Kirtland
Garaway
West Jefferson
Mogadore
Fort Frye
Cuyahoga Heights*
Newark Catholic*
Trimble*
Warren JFK
Norwalk St. Paul

Honorable mention: Danville, Dalton, NMS, Lucas

*bouncing back and forth from D6 to D7 and vice versa

Last edited:
Fellas ... compile an imaginary league (10 teams) of R21/25 & R23/R27 teams to rival the MAC in football.

One caveat. The league must only contain D6 and D7 schools.

GO!

I'll start:

Kirtland
Garaway
West Jefferson
Mogadore
Fort Frye
Cuyahoga Heights*
Newark Catholic*
Trimble*
Warren JFK
Norwalk St. Paul

Honorable mention: Danville, Dalton, NMS, Lucas

*bouncing back and forth from D6 to D7 and vice versa
Is this historically or based on recent results?

You can take the cornfield out of the stadium, but you can't take the stadium out of the cornfield.