2024 Middletown Middies

jdizzle

What's the word in Middie land with a new coach in town?

Kali Jones comes on as the new head coach from Withrow where he made a nice run with some really good talent.

Middletown returns a handful of skill guys:
Landers- QB (1139 yards, 12 TD)
Chandler Shields- WR (7 receiving Tds)
Malicote- slot/WR/RB
Max Johnson- WR (receiving some D1 looks/offers)
Jordan Vann- transfer from Fenwick. Anxious to see how his skills translate from a bad Fenwick team to the GMC.

Losing a lot of defensive production:
Top 4 tacklers are graduating (Terrell, Davis, Goodson, Smith)
Can Coleman and Chambers fill that void on the defensive side? Both of these guys played on both sides of the ball last year.

Up front on the offensive and defensive side have been weak points for the Middies the past few years. I have said this before, I don't care how many skills guys you have, unless you have guys to block for them it doesn't matter.

Come on Middie fans....bring back the Middie Magic and fill this thread with your thoughts!

Kali Jones comes on as the new head coach from Withrow where he made a nice run with some really good talent.

Malicote- slot/WR/RB
Jordan Vann- transfer from Fenwick. Anxious to see how his skills translate from a bad Fenwick team to the GMC.

Can Coleman and Chambers fill that void on the defensive side? Both of these guys played on both sides of the ball last year.

Up front on the offensive and defensive side have been weak points for the Middies the past few years. I have said this before, I don't care how many skills guys you have, unless you have guys to block for them it doesn't matter.

Come on Middie fans....bring back the Middie Magic and fill this thread with your thoughts!
I think they have more than Vann who transferred in from Fenwick. I heard Cordae Davis, Singletary, and possible Giordano transferred to Middletown as well

I think they have more than Vann who transferred in from Fenwick. I heard Cordae Davis, Singletary, and possible Giordano transferred to Middletown as well
I thought I heard of a couple more besides Vann.... didn't know what positions these guys placed. Do you have any idea?

Singletary is for sure, he played like an H-back/TE for Fenwick and OLB on defense. Not sure about the Davis kid and I'm pretty sure the Giordano kid is already at Lakota East. Vann and Singletary were both sophomores last season, they will be a factor and having watched them play their skills will translate to the GMC. Pretty sure Vann already has a couple of DI offers.

Singletary is for sure, he played like an H-back/TE for Fenwick and OLB on defense. Not sure about the Davis kid and I'm pretty sure the Giordano kid is already at Lakota East. Vann and Singletary were both sophomores last season, they will be a factor and having watched them play their skills will translate to the GMC. Pretty sure Vann already has a couple of DI offers.
Singletary was moved to DE late in the year and he looked like a better fit there. Davis play Dline as well. Singletary has a D1 offer too I believe.

Malicote- slot/WR/RB

As a Firebird fanatic, I am really excited to see how the Middies look this season. I look forward to seeing this program transform and become a competitor in the GMC. We need a Middletown or a Fairfield to become dominant so it strengthens our league again.

As a Firebird fanatic, I am really excited to see how the Middies look this season. I look forward to seeing this program transform and become a competitor in the GMC. We need a Middletown or a Fairfield to become dominant so it strengthens our league again.
Agreed. Three programs that stick out to me that need to make a push toward the top are Hamilton, Fairfield and Middletown. In no way am I saying that they are going to be at the top, but be in the upper third of the GMC. It will make the GMC more competitive and yield better results in the post-season.

Back to the Middies. I like the transfers and possibilities with this talent. Hopefully, some of these guys will join Singletary on the lines to make the skill guys better. The Middies are only going to be as good as they are up-front. 4 of the 7 losses last year were within one score. Some of this is just learning how to win again and not beating yourself with non-disciplined penalties and play.

Agreed. Three programs that stick out to me that need to make a push toward the top are Hamilton, Fairfield and Middletown. In no way am I saying that they are going to be at the top, but be in the upper third of the GMC. It will make the GMC more competitive and yield better results in the post-season.

Back to the Middies. I like the transfers and possibilities with this talent. Hopefully, some of these guys will join Singletary on the lines to make the skill guys better. The Middies are only going to be as good as they are up-front. 4 of the 7 losses last year were within one score. Some of this is just learning how to win again and not beating yourself with non-disciplined penalties and play.
Pretty sure they had similar results in 2022, as well, with several losses being within a couple of points. I felt like Simpson had them heading in the right direction, they just couldn't seem to get over the hump. Maybe Jones will be what they need to move the needle forward.

Pretty sure they had similar results in 2022, as well, with several losses being within a couple of points. I felt like Simpson had them heading in the right direction, they just couldn't seem to get over the hump. Maybe Jones will be what they need to move the needle forward.
I agree with you about Simpson. I hope you are right about Jones.

It would be fun if the Middies would return to 80s form and be good enough to get worked up when Lakota comes to town and throw bricks thru rear windshields. IYKYK. That edge will be good to get back in the conference. Like when Chris Carters kid got thrown out of the CFL for throwing punches and I thought, you can take the Carter out of Middletown, but you can't take the Middletown out of the Carter.

It would be fun if the Middies would return to 80s form and be good enough to get worked up when Lakota comes to town and throw bricks thru rear windshields. IYKYK. That edge will be good to get back in the conference. Like when Chris Carters kid got thrown out of the CFL for throwing punches and I thought, you can take the Carter out of Middletown, but you can't take the Middletown out of the Carter.
I think we all would agree and share some negative stories about an experience that we have had at Barnitz. The new paint job does look nice though. Cris Carter's son never attended Middletown High School so I am not sure why you are trying to give Middletown a black eye with that one.

Conference competitiveness is important. Hopefully, Middletown can bring back some magic and earn a playoff spot, and be in a competitive game in the first round of the playoffs. The past couple of playoff appearances yielded blowout wins by Princeton and Elder.

I wasn't implying Carter's kid played for the Middies, the Carters were long gone by then as soon as they got money. But that doesn't prevent the Middletown experience from impacting the gene pool for generations to come, as evidence shows

I wasn't implying Carter's kid played for the Middies, the Carters were long gone by then as soon as they got money. But that doesn't prevent the Middletown experience from impacting the gene pool for generations to come, as evidence shows
Still a silly take. Chris Carter made some mistakes when he was young. In comparison to some of the problems we see today, those transgressions are minor. He turned his life around and has been an exemplary Christian man since, including the last 2/3 of his playing career. He is a Hall of Famer who fell into the trappings of a young man who grew up poor and started living the fast life when he gained a little fame and wealth. I would be nice if people could learn to appreciate a man who made a change for the better instead of tearing him down for something he did in his late teens and early 20's. Hopefully as you stare down from your ivory tower, you've done as much for your community and your family as Chris Carter has done for his.

Still a silly take. Chris Carter made some mistakes when he was young. In comparison to some of the problems we see today, those transgressions are minor. He turned his life around and has been an exemplary Christian man since, including the last 2/3 of his playing career. He is a Hall of Famer who fell into the trappings of a young man who grew up poor and started living the fast life when he gained a little fame and wealth. I would be nice if people could learn to appreciate a man who made a change for the better instead of tearing him down for something he did in his late teens and early 20's. Hopefully as you stare down from your ivory tower, you've done as much for your community and your family as Chris Carter has done for his.
Well said...

It's easy to attack someone's character and name as a keyboard warrior troll.

So he really does do more than catch touchdowns? LOL

This is a silly take. You have zero idea how someone like that lives their life, given less than 1% of it is actually public facing. If you want to choose to believe the parts that are spoon-fed to you for public display, that's your choice, but it doesn't mean you know what really happens behind close doors in any celebs life, or their true personalities when the spotlights are off.

Calling attention to factual items in someone's past doesn't make me a "keyboard warrior". Taking the point to an extreme, if a murder gave millions to charity, they are still a murderer, no matter how they lived the rest of their years after committing a murder.

My opinion about people from Middletown is based off several different incidents, some personally experienced others pulled from news, over several years growing up in the GMC, including some things that happened in middle school, and especially things (like the brick thru a friends rear windshield) in high school. I recognize I have an extreme position, but it's not going to change. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

This is a silly take. You have zero idea how someone like that lives their life, given less than 1% of it is actually public facing. If you want to choose to believe the parts that are spoon-fed to you for public display, that's your choice, but it doesn't mean you know what really happens behind close doors in any celebs life, or their true personalities when the spotlights are off.

Calling attention to factual items in someone's past doesn't make me a "keyboard warrior". Taking the point to an extreme, if a murder gave millions to charity, they are still a murderer, no matter how they lived the rest of their years after committing a murder.

My opinion about people from Middletown is based off several different incidents, some personally experienced others pulled from news, over several years growing up in the GMC, including some things that happened in middle school, and especially things ) in hi(like the brick thru a friends rear windshield) in high school. I recognize I have an extreme position, but it's not going to change. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔......... we all were saints in high school! Perhaps, Chris Carter shouldn't of decided to have a better life and leave Middletown or have a NFL, Hall Of Fame career....🤷‍♂️

what’s the middie full coaching staff looking like? what coaches are coming back? (heard they cleared house minus jalin) jones bring guys with him? any middies?

looks like the got some nice kids coming in to play ball