2024 Massillon Tigers

This is so interesting to me. I'm reading that Ohio teams aren't afraid of us and we're not a national team. Last year was the first time I've watched the tigers win the championship and this is the first year where I've seen half of the schedule be out of state teams. Why can't we get Ohio teams on the schedule if teams aren't scared of us??? If half of the teams on the schedule are not from Ohio wouldn't that make it a national schedule??? If you have a national schedule wouldn't that make you a national team???

I highly doubt most of Ohio fears us. Most Ohio teams know we can't play them which leaves 3 divisions and ALOT of those teams don't "fear" us.

Well, for whatever the reason that Hoban, Moe, Ed, etc, have 4-5 oos teams on their schedule, prolly applies to Massillon now too. Call it whatever you want.

This is so interesting to me. I'm reading that Ohio teams aren't afraid of us and we're not a national team. Last year was the first time I've watched the tigers win the championship and this is the first year where I've seen half of the schedule be out of state teams. Why can't we get Ohio teams on the schedule if teams aren't scared of us??? If half of the teams on the schedule are not from Ohio wouldn't that make it a national schedule??? If you have a national schedule wouldn't that make you a national team???
1713011287001.gif

Yeah Refs beat them in the playoffs
I have felt the refs calls have cost my team games over the years but whenever people bring that up the media,announcers,reporters etc always push back with the argument we had calls go against us too and well you have to be good enough to overcome it and don't let it come down to a close game where 1 call gets you beat. I'm not arguing with you, I wasn't at that game but I'm sure if you talk to the Green fans they would say something similar to what I said.

On the flip side, the recovered lateral call that gave Massillon the ball and led to the Tigers' first TD was a bit dubious as well.

It should also be pointed out that it wasn't the refs who fumbled the ball back to Green when the game was all but in the bag.

On the flip side, the recovered lateral call that gave Massillon the ball and led to the Tigers' first TD was a bit dubious as well.

It should also be pointed out that it wasn't the refs who fumbled the ball back to Green when the game was all but in the bag.
This is correct. It wasn’t just the refs. I’ve said it before. It took a perfect storm of uncharacteristic, unfortunate events for them to eke out that last second victory.

I highly doubt most of Ohio fears us. Most Ohio teams know we can't play them which leaves 3 divisions and ALOT of those teams don't "fear" us.

When the majority of your own county stays away from you, that says a lot. Fitch is a decent program from around my way and they just dropped y'all.

Maybe, the "Nate Moore Effect" is what has the state treating y'all as if you were in the GCL, but at least they have the luxury of bordering two other states.

Here’s a (blurry) photo of the called off interception pre catch…. As you can see the receiver is out of bounds pre catch (unforced) making him ineligible to receive the ball. Then the ridiculous interference call. I was so mad after that game!
View attachment 57319
Flag was already out as the cornerback seen there was contacting the receiver. Not saying I loved the call but our corners got torched all night and we fumbled away our opportunity to put the game on ice. Green took advantage of their opportunities and Massillon didn’t.

I'm certain it was a concerted effort by atleast 1 ref to allow green to win that nite. I sat on the visitor's side and watched one lard butt laugh as he was throwing flags. But it shouldn't have been close at the end there. Even if we win we had Hoban the next week and a loaded Winton Woods after that.

I'm certain it was a concerted effort by atleast 1 ref to allow green to win that nite. But it shouldn't have been close at the end there. Even if we win we had Hoban the next week and a loaded Winton Woods after that.
We would’ve played Winton Woods next. Did the ref allow Welch to get toasted for that long TD? Did the ref force Massillon to fumble the handoff and exchange?

Cmon guys we’re better than this. Green had a nice team and played better than we did that night.

The one I still haven't gotten over was the 99 playoff game against perry. The soundly beat us in our stadium after we whooped them in the regular season. Shezzz that was a nightmare!

Last edited:
We would’ve played Winton Woods next. Did the ref allow Welch to get toasted for that long TD? Did the ref force Massillon to fumble the handoff and exchange?

Cmon guys we’re better than this. Green had a nice team and played better than we did that night.
I would even venture to say that Green coached better that night also.