• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good for you….attendance figures reveal that many really don’t care for basketball in Ohio under the current conditions!!
Not true. The televised games were heavily watched and every game had an attendance of more than what almost all of the high school gyms in the state will hold. Most of the kids that played this weekend have played their careers in from of crowds less than 1,200 in smaller high school gyms. This weekend they played on a D1 college floor in front of crowds over 100% larger. They had a great experience.

Except Arizona-Dayton 😉😂🏀
Yeah, I sometimes forget that television dictates the start times for NCAA, not geography. Doesn't make sense to this old brain, but then the last time I had tickets for the subregional at Nationwide Arena, one of the sites out west was finished on Sunday before the tip of game 1 in Columbus.

But the point remains - less people are going to attend a 10:45am game. I understand the "why" Sunday finals in Dayton, but doesn't mean I (or anyone else) has to like it. Even the D-1 final, at 8:30 on a Sunday night, only drew 5425, and that was with a local team (Centerville) playing. Sunday finals may not be the primary reason for attendance drop - but it doesn't help.

When will the Ohsaa’s announce the location and dates for next year ? I also read in the local paper they interviewed Mark head coach of Hiland saying that Richmond heights might be division 1 next year.

When will the Ohsaa’s announce the location and dates for next year ? I also read in the local paper they interviewed Mark head coach of Hiland saying that Richmond heights might be division 1 next year.
Any team has the opportunity to move up to D1 next year if they want to. We'll see if RH does it. It's voluntary, they aren't being forced to move up by the OHSAA

That is not what it reveals. Maybe it does to you so it fits your agenda. Dayton is 3+ hours away for the fans in NE Ohio. I used to go to Columbus almost every year - I have not been to Dayton. It's no secret urban school fans don't travel as well as rural communities - stop rubbing it in, we get it. People care plenty. The state has screwed things up badly in football and basketball. Plus now you can watch the very good live coverage from the comfort of your home - which many do. That eliminates the long drive, fuel costs, food and maybe a hotel room. Watching from home does not reveal that you care less because you are not there live. Not all the fans of some of the school playing can afford a trip like that.
Good post, a lot of arguments about the single reason for much lower attendance like there is one thing. Location, ability to watch from home, make-up of teams participating, gap between games, etc. There is no one specific reason, but so many reasons that there is one for everyone.

Any team has the opportunity to move up to D1 next year if they want to. We'll see if RH does it. It's voluntary, they aren't being forced to move up by the OHSAA
This decision will be made in May. The OHSAA is holding a meeting to vote on allowing this to happen. There is a lot of voices against allowing this. RH was asked about doing it this year and they said No.

Dates and locations for state semi games could be announced after teams are decided to give neutral travel if possible. The finals will all be in Dayton on Fri-Sat with the semi games being player earlier in the week. Similar to the football set up.

LCC they all homegrown? doesn’t OG have a Kalida kid or 2? Russia might be the closest to Hoosiers. Many people on here throwing stones from glass houses
Every player on LCC has been with the school since grade school or earlier other than 1. That 1 exception moved to Lima to live with his grandparents (LCC graduates) after a tragic family matter.

This decision will be made in May. The OHSAA is holding a meeting to vote on allowing this to happen. There is a lot of voices against allowing this. RH was asked about doing it this year and they said No.
This would be disappointing and deserve all the flack it would get, no real good reason to schedule St. Ignatius/St Eds/National prep schools and pretend you are a D6 team. This would be like All-Ohio Red choosing to play in the Dayton Metro Challenge instead of EYBL just to get a trophy.

This would be disappointing and deserve all the flack it would get, no real good reason to schedule St. Ignatius/St Eds/National prep schools and pretend you are a D6 team. This would be like All-Ohio Red choosing to play in the Dayton Metro Challenge instead of EYBL just to get a trophy.
Exactly. It's like they play the regular season schedule to attract the talent for the challenge and the TV games and then guarantee a big trophy at the end of the season.

I thought that the Ohsaa was trying to move back to Columbus to the coliseum ? I sure hope it’s not Friday - Sunday I like Saturday much better for championships. I like the Dayton arena but traffic on 75 is a nightmare I Almost didn’t make to the start of the Hiland game on Friday and missed the first period of the Richmond heights and Russia game. I think if it’s in Dayton I am going to try to get the hotel beside the arena.

Is the districts and regionals going to be set up the same way ? We had to drive ridiculously far for the district finals and the semifinals districts to. I don’t mine going to Athens for the regionals that is fun. I am just not sure who we will play in division 6 I think most river schools are going 7 except for caldewell. We will play malvern I am not worried about them they can’t beat us.

I didn’t realize that they started a new contract. Maybe they will have the semifinals in Columbus? That or start an extra day early but that might be tough with the play in tournament for the ncaa.

I didn’t realize that they started a new contract. Maybe they will have the semifinals in Columbus? That or start an extra day early but that might be tough with the play in tournament for the ncaa.
They have play in games Tues and Weds nights in Dayton. They have to change out the court and get rid of all the NCAA stuff (marketing, cameras, etc). Dayton has told the OHSAA that they just can't be ready for HS games by Thursday.

Every player on LCC has been with the school since grade school or earlier other than 1. That 1 exception moved to Lima to live with his grandparents (LCC graduates) after a tragic family matter.
lol, just like every player from Richmond has been “with/associated with” the school since grade school and earlier.. so all is good sorry about tragic family matter. My point remains about every school (except those Mac schools) have kids come and go. Most move for family reasons some for scholastic (hard to believe) some for athletic reasons some for other reasons. However, if they do it legally (follow the rules set) it is legal and the reason doesn’t matter at that point.

That's where you are wrong. I can speak to Lutheran East. Kids go there for more than sports. It's a better environment than the publics IMO.

Also I think people would pick St Ignatius if there were no such thing a sports no doubt.
Suuuure they do...

Aaah there's Bertha. I wondered where you were. Angry Strasburg fan comes out about once a year.
Let's see if Bertha's briiliant assertions hold up to scrutiny. I may leave some kids out but let's look at that Hiland homegrown roster minus our AD: 2 time D4 POY 6-4 G Dylan Kauffman, 6-8 G/F Noah Boyd, 6-7 P Neil Gingrich, one of the best PGs in school history in Jason Miller, an excellent 6-2ish G in Jalen Miller, and a bunch of glue guys that I will identify as Chase Gerbers. Heck, Todd Ropp was on those teams and barely saw the floor!

Those teams were state contenders with or without. Can't deny that "with" took them from being ridiculous for a D4 team to really ridiculous, but anyone who thinks one guy made those teams is a jackarse. Lol

They have play in games Tues and Weds nights in Dayton. They have to change out the court and get rid of all the NCAA stuff (marketing, cameras, etc). Dayton has told the OHSAA that they just can't be ready for HS games by Thursday.
Next year state boys games will be finals only on Fri-Sat is what OHSAA is saying.

lol, just like every player from Richmond has been “with/associated with” the school since grade school and earlier.. so all is good sorry about tragic family matter. My point remains about every school (except those Mac schools) have kids come and go. Most move for family reasons some for scholastic (hard to believe) some for athletic reasons some for other reasons. However, if they do it legally (follow the rules set) it is legal and the reason doesn’t matter at that point.
LCC has a CB# of 7. This could indicate 1 kid was not at the school prior to 9th grade. RH has a CB# of 21.

Suuuure they do...
From a purely educational standpoint
Warrensville or Lutheran East?
Shaw or Lutheran East?
Maple or Lutheran East?
JFK or Lutheran East?

If you didnt care so much about small towns winning state championships you wouldnt even begin to question that statement lol

Suuuure they do...
You are showing your ignorance.

Answer me two questions if you are man enough?

Do you think every child male and female at.LE chooses the school to play boys basketball?

If you lived in East Cleveland and Shaw HS was your local public (non athlete) and you have to opportunity to go to school a couple miles away to Cleveland Heights Lutheran East HS, you are saying you would send your child to Shaw HS?

Says a lot about you as a parent lol

From a purely educational standpoint
Warrensville or Lutheran East?
Shaw or Lutheran East?
Maple or Lutheran East?
JFK or Lutheran East?

If you didnt care so much about small towns winning state championships you wouldnt even begin to question that statement lol
I lost all respect for him with that. How can you respect him after that response. It's obvious he can't possibly live anywhere close to Eastern Cuyahoga County and reply like that lmao.