IVC 23-24

It's a broken system that ohsaa will never get fit, it's either the public schools opt out of the ohsaa membership and form there own association, I know that will never happen, or the private schools have there own tournament, public have there's own tournament, what's the answer
I was actually thinking about this this morning. Maybe the rule should be if your competitive balance number is anything other than 0 then you can't be in DVI or DVII in the future. If you have any transfers the lowest you can go is DV. Then let the true homegrown small schools battle it out in DVI and DVII.

I wonder how many times in the last 35 years the Hiland boys and Hiland girls have been the last IVC team playing. I bet those numbers are staggering.

I was actually thinking about this this morning. Maybe the rule should be if your competitive balance number is anything other than 0 then you can't be in DVI or DVII in the future.
Go look at the volume of schools in the current D4 configuration that have CB numbers >0. That’s not going to happen.

Go look at the volume of schools in the current D4 configuration that have CB numbers >0. That’s not going to happen.
#1- Would teams change their attitude towards transfers if they had to play DV or higher?
#2 - Maybe it doesn't have be 0. Maybe VII could be 0 and VI could be under 5 or something.

Maybe that's not the perfect solution but 7 divisions should give you the flexibility to not only match up schools of similar size but also of similar cultures when it comes to open enrollment/recruiting.

#1- Would teams change their attitude towards transfers if they had to play DV or higher?
#2 - Maybe it doesn't have be 0. Maybe VII could be 0 and VI could be under 5 or something.

Maybe that's not the perfect solution but 7 divisions should give you the flexibility to not only match up schools of similar size but also of similar cultures when it comes to open enrollment/recruiting.
Still no.

I wish we didn't have to play this game tomorrow with Richmond Hts you won give them the State championship trophy and lets move on,if we can keep it under 35 points spread, it would be a moral victory for the Hawks

I just watched Cleveland St Ignatius in D1 tonight, on tv they look very impressive and Richmond Hts beat them in the season

I was actually thinking about this this morning. Maybe the rule should be if your competitive balance number is anything other than 0 then you can't be in DVI or DVII in the future. If you have any transfers the lowest you can go is DV. Then let the true homegrown small schools battle it out in DVI and DVII.
I like how you are thinking.

I've been saying this for 20 years: its not the number of transfers you get, it's the QUALITY of the transfers.

We have public school open enrollment and so kids and families are going to move toward more attractive academic and, yes, sports situations. Nothing wrong with that. Most of those kids are not going to be D1 college recruits - especially in a rural area. But a small enrollment school, in or near a major urban area, can draw those elite players and when you slot them by raw enrollment and CB bump, they still end up in the small school divisions - competing against small town and rural schools who cast into a very different pond with a different kind of fish.

I know what a normal/usual/typical D4 team looks like. Sometimes a small rural school will get a collection of big and talented players. I've seen it with teams like Convoy Crestview a while back. And people forget that if you take Seger out of it, in 11 and 12 Hiland had 6-8 Noah Boyd, 6-7 Neil Gingrich, and 6-4 Dylan Kauffman - all born and raised E Holmes kids. Ridiculous. But that was a freak occurrence. Also remember that none of those kids played NCAA D1 basketball. Both CC and Hiland reverted back to looking like you would expect schools of their type to look like in terms of size and talent.

So, any CB system that factors solely transfer numbers is doomed to not fix the problem we will see once again this morning in the D4 final because the problem is not transfers per se, but rather it is the quality of transfers a handful of low-enrollment schools can procure and aggregate onto one team.

Richmond Heights winning a D4 championship is NOT an accomplishment!!!!!! Not a Hiland fan, i'm a SV/IVC fan, these type games are hard to watch, something needs done SOON.... If this trend continues, our area will NEVER see a state championship in football or basketball in the foreseeable future..... Just my 2 cents...... GO CARDS!!!!

Yep we had open shots but I think we had to rush too much. I don’t think Big Al would have helped that much. We should be just as good next year and hopefully not in the same division. I think any normal division 4 teams would we would have won. Russia might have been tough.

Richmond Heights winning a D4 championship is NOT an accomplishment!!!!!! Not a Hiland fan, i'm a SV/IVC fan, these type games are hard to watch, something needs done SOON.... If this trend continues, our area will NEVER see a state championship in football or basketball in the foreseeable future..... Just my 2 cents...... GO CARDS!!!!
There are plenty of public schools that win state titles in football and basketball. If they can do it why can't schools from the IVC?

Hiland and garaway gets transfers whenever they want and it’s not a big deal but Richmond heights gets some it’s a big deal…it’s not so fun when the rabbit has the gun.

Hiland and garaway gets transfers whenever they want and it’s not a big deal but Richmond heights gets some it’s a big deal…it’s not so fun when the rabbit has the gun.
Here are the CB numbers for teams that won the IVC titles in football and basketball this year

Garaway - 31
Malvern - 23
Indian Valley - 12
Hiland - 11

😂Dude didn't your school lose in the opening round of the tournament this year? You were waiting for Hiland to lose to comment. Well you had to wait a while. These kids played their hearts out.

Bad news for the haters. I think Hilands going to be loaded next year. Not sure if they would have the total skills without a true big like Alex to win it all but I think the Hawks will be really good.

So, are you saying that the current system is ok?
No. I'm asking why we would say an IVC team could never win a championship under the current system. Other small, rural public schools with competitive balance numbers at or near zero do it so why can't IVC schools?

All we can hope for next season,is that Richmond Hts gets bumped up to d5, and there's a chance, right now they have a base count of 127 and last season they had aCB count of 21, so there's a chance they might be d5 next season

All we can hope for next season,is that Richmond Hts gets bumped up to d5, and there's a chance, right now they have a base count of 127 and last season they had aCB count of 21, so there's a chance they might be d5 next season
Their coach said they would like the opportunity to play in DI next year