Purcell Marian

By that logic a coach should never leave because it’s always a new crop of kids that would get left behind
True, but we are not talking about 5,6+ years. 1, 2, sometimes 3 years and gone. Plus, he actively seeks kids to come to the school, not saying recruiting, then ups and leaves in a year or 2. Granted transfer rules can easily be bypassed now a days, but their still is a process for the young athlete to seek eligibility at another school.

Idk why he leaves, if he stays put he could win like crazy. The small school football in Cincy is a joke, just hang out and rack up the wins.

Idk why he leaves, if he stays put he could win like crazy. The small school football in Cincy is a joke, just hang out and rack up the wins.
Agree the league schedule PM plays is not too intimidating. I think they have McNick back on the schedule in 2024 that’s a start.

Never leaving and leaving after each season are two very different things.
He was at Aiken for 3-4 yrs. Went to Princeton to be OC, but MD jacked his O then dismissed him so he ended up coaching DBs at Anderson. Went to CCPA as HC and was there like 4 or 5 yrs. Then went to Woodward for a yr or two (only was looking to leave because a kid tried to assault him) and ended up at PM. In all of that what’s wrong with a guy trying to improve his situation? Coaches don’t get paid much in CPS coupled with all the extra stuff that goes on in coaching (specifically at the schools he was at) so you tell me what he should do to take care of him and his family.

Only know this info because I know a guy that coached with him. Yes he is all about the kids. Yes the way he does things pisses some people off because he’s not doing things like everyone else does. Yes he’s tried to find the right spot where he could just sit and be, which I’m sure he thought he found, but clearly the masses don’t like. I bet the kids could tell you if they needed anything they could call him and he’d be there no questions asked.

Has a hard time following the Rules then bolts when called out on it. The guy a great bs’er,decent Football Coach and a phony all about the kids Clown. Hopefully Schools around here just stop hiring him!

He was at Aiken for 3-4 yrs. Went to Princeton to be OC, but MD jacked his O then dismissed him so he ended up coaching DBs at Anderson. Went to CCPA as HC and was there like 4 or 5 yrs. Then went to Woodward for a yr or two (only was looking to leave because a kid tried to assault him) and ended up at PM. In all of that what’s wrong with a guy trying to improve his situation? Coaches don’t get paid much in CPS coupled with all the extra stuff that goes on in coaching (specifically at the schools he was at) so you tell me what he should do to take care of him and his family.

Only know this info because I know a guy that coached with him. Yes he is all about the kids. Yes the way he does things pisses some people off because he’s not doing things like everyone else does. Yes he’s tried to find the right spot where he could just sit and be, which I’m sure he thought he found, but clearly the masses don’t like. I bet the kids could tell you if they needed anything they could call him and he’d be there no questions asked.
I thought he was at CCPA 2 seasons and Woodward 1 season. But I could be wrong. The guy knows football no denying that. Can he sustain a program is the unanswered question.

no specific knowledge on timeline, but

1-Everyone deserves, and should pursue bettering themselves and family. My opinion shouldn't be at the expense of others, especially kids. Don't put families and kids in a difficult position when bring them into an environment, then leave that environment quickly.

2-On the MD situation, both parties need to share responsibility. Don't bring in a OC then not let them OC. BUT, don't get hired as an OC and come in guns ablazing and saying these individuals who haven't been part of the program before OC was brought in and before the first whistle was blown and say they are playing position X, etc.

3-hate doing this, but, the kids that are calling him and no questions asked, do they have high school eligibility left.

I have known Pflug since before he was coaching HS football. He truly is a good person, but he willing to take whatever route to be a “Big Time” football coach. To quote my girl T-Swift… He disguise his narcissism as altruism. Yes he does a ton for his kids, but it all comes back to what he has done. I thought at one point he’d get his shot at big school but I think that time has passed… with the constant flip-flopping. Purcell was the perfect spot for him, he does recruit inner-city kids so well for a white coach. And he could have been successful there!

I hope he gets another shot somewhere, good luck coach!

I have known Pflug since before he was coaching HS football. He truly is a good person, but he willing to take whatever route to be a “Big Time” football coach. To quote my girl T-Swift… He disguise his narcissism as altruism. Yes he does a ton for his kids, but it all comes back to what he has done. I thought at one point he’d get his shot at big school but I think that time has passed… with the constant flip-flopping. Purcell was the perfect spot for him, he does recruit inner-city kids so well for a white coach. And he could have been successful there!

I hope he gets another shot somewhere, good luck coach!
He would have done well at his alma mater

As a Walnut alum. Pflug should definitely be the OC this season and put some points on the scoreboard. Tired of seeing running clock games. His play calling at least make the games competitive.

As a Walnut alum. Pflug should definitely be the OC this season and put some points on the scoreboard. Tired of seeing running clock games. His play calling at least make the games competitive.
Urban Meyer could be the OC and Walnut would still get running clocked by most ECC teams. Issues are much deeper than play calling at The Nut House.

He doesn't choose his assistants as a head coach??

And it would also be on the AD, and whomever signed off on the assistant (presumably principal).
Yes you choose your staff. but if you cant pass a BCI or county BRC then thats on the admins if dude was coaching.

I agree, but one would think the HC would know if he had a felony or not.
we could assume that BUT you know what they say about assumptions.

I coached with Jeremy for multiple years. 90% of our staffs were people we all knew. We did have some "outsiders" whom we didnt know or were "friends of friends" ect ect.

I havent really spoken to Jerm about this. Sucks for him. I will tell everyone in here one thing Jeremey was THE FIRST person to reach out to a kid when they needed something, FIRST one to offer a kid a ride home , or a hot meal or money to get clothes or money to get food ect ect.

Out of town college visits with THOUSANDS out of his own pocket. Camps , tickets to bengals games or weekend team trips.

Yea he bounced around some , but that doesnt mean he didnt or doesnt care about the young men he has coached and helped turn into productive adults.

and here is the thing look where he has done it Aiken, CCPA , Woodward (not counting purcell) all places where everything is already stacked against your favor and some how he was able to win. just the turn around at aiken was damn near impossible to most as an insider i couldnt believe it. Half the time we didnt have a field to practice on.

You must be his friend. Mike Daniel never hijacked his offense; he was dismissed because he brought a cancerous attitude to the coaching staff. Lastly, he was at Woodward, where he lied to Alumni about his commitment to changing the program. No Woodward player tried to assault him. He stepped down at Purcell because the math wasn't matching.

You must be his friend. Mike Daniel never hijacked his offense; he was dismissed because he brought a cancerous attitude to the coaching staff. Lastly, he was at Woodward, where he lied to Alumni about his commitment to changing the program. No Woodward player tried to assault him. He stepped down at Purcell because the math wasn't matching.
I never said a player assaulted him at Woodward, just a kid in the school. MD definitely had him come in go through the ins and outs of his O then hit him at the last minute with a sorry we can’t find a position for you in the school. I got that from someone close to that program. I know Pflug as I’m sure many here do, but haven’t talked to him about any of this. At this point the focus should be on who steps in as coach next. Also the whole situation and insinuation about the girls hoop team is interesting.

Last edited:
Seems pretty accurate here! Pflug=Clown. Plain and Simple