OHSAA State Brackets Released!!

So, obviously I have a bit of skin in the game on this observation, and our team will of course go out and wrestle to the best of their ability no matter who they draw in the opening round, and as we progress through the tournament. Noticed this though...

Chloe Dearwester has now drawn Meagan Justice in round 1 of the state tournament 3 of the 4 years she has been in high school... the one year she didn't (2022 - Meagan was withheld this season for medical purposes), Dearwester still drew the 4th place finisher from the O.Orange region...lol.

The draw is totally random - but this is a crazy coincidence that Im not sure anyone else has noticed, lol. Good luck to all this week, and weekend!

So, obviously I have a bit of skin in the game on this observation, and our team will of course go out and wrestle to the best of their ability no matter who they draw in the opening round, and as we progress through the tournament. Noticed this though...

Chloe Dearwester has now drawn Meagan Justice in round 1 of the state tournament 3 of the 4 years she has been in high school... the one year she didn't (2022 - Meagan was withheld this season for medical purposes), Dearwester still drew the 4th place finisher from the O.Orange region...lol.

The draw is totally random - but this is a crazy coincidence that Im not sure anyone else has noticed, lol. Good luck to all this week, and weekend!
With any other wrestler, my suspicions would have me get to the bottom of this with top notch investigation ..... hold up you said Dearwester! In Ohio, no draw would matter, unless she's in the boys bracket. On behalf of me and the other coaches in the great state of Ohio, we commend Miss Justice for taking one, two, three for the team so that others can look at the bracket and carve out a way to 2nd or 3rd place; to show others a way to survive the first period ( that's the moral victory). I tell my son to tell his kids you made it to the 3rd period when you wrestled Jordan Decatur and celebrated with dipping dots.
Nosey easedropper: did your son win?
Me: F..k no, I'm gonna hide in the bushes and get you when you get home.

Last edited: