GCL Co-ed 2023-24

Here we go again......
Hey ChemH20 ,

The truth hurts doesn't it ? Both programs are very fortunate to have fired Coach Kreke. Nothing but respect for him as a person, but he was a terrible coach. GCL Coaches wish he was in the league so they could whoop up on him like they always did.

Hey ChemH20 ,

The truth hurts doesn't it ? Both programs are very fortunate to have fired Coach Kreke. Nothing but respect for him as a person, but he was a terrible coach. GCL Coaches wish he was in the league so they could whoop up on him like they always did.
Kreke coached for 13 seasons at Fenwick in the GCL. During that time he was Coach of the Year 3 times and won or shared three league championships. During those same seasons Alter won or shared 7 titles and CJ won or shared 5.
Not a lot of room left at the top with Alter and CJ in your league. We’ll see how Kreke’s successors do.

Hey ChemH20 ,

Kreke’s last two seasons at Fenwick…Won the league in 17-18 record 17-7
His last season at Fenwick 18-19 finished (16-9)
Looks like a winner to me…

Kreke’s last two seasons at Fenwick…Won the league in 17-18 record 17-7
His last season at Fenwick 18-19 finished (16-9)
Looks like a winner to me…
In 17-18, lost second round to Dunbar. 18-19 lost in the second round to Alter (3 times that year) Last 2 year at Badin, went 1-9 both seasons and than they fired him. You are delusional. There is a reason he got fired from both schools.

Kreke coached for 13 seasons at Fenwick in the GCL. During that time he was Coach of the Year 3 times and won or shared three league championships. During those same seasons Alter won or shared 7 titles and CJ won or shared 5.
Not a lot of room left at the top with Alter and CJ in your league. We’ll see how Kreke’s successors do.
Did he ever win a sectional championship in his 30 years of coaching? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m betting you never played, or you weren’t very good and it was always the coach’s fault. I’m very sure you never coached HS basketball. I know a lot of GCL coaches. To a man they respected Kreke. Do you think Donoher would have coached with him at Fenwick for 10 years if he couldn’t coach. My sons loved playing for him.

I’m betting you never played, or you weren’t very good and it was always the coach’s fault. I’m very sure you never coached HS basketball. I know a lot of GCL coaches. To a man they respected Kreke. Do you think Donoher would have coached with him at Fenwick for 10 years if he couldn’t coach. My sons loved playing for him.
With all due respect that was a sarcastic clap... Badin hired Kreke for two years because they know Fenwick did him wrong. I"m a big supporter of Kreke. I'm heading to Mason Arena Thursday night to watch Fenwick and Badin because I know I will get the chance to talk with Kreke in person. How many former assistants that worked under Kreke will be coaching on Thursday night?! I believe there is 6! Let that sink in for the haters

With all due respect that was a sarcastic clap... Badin hired Kreke for two years because they know Fenwick did him wrong. I"m a big supporter of Kreke. I'm heading to Mason Arena Thursday night to watch Fenwick and Badin because I know I will get the chance to talk with Kreke in person. How many former assistants that worked under Kreke will be coaching on Thursday night?! I believe there is 6! Let that sink in for the haters
Sorry, my remarks were for Moe not you. I think we agree on Kreke.

I played four years for Coach Kreke. I said I have a lot of respect for him as a person. I just did not think he was a good coach. From a personal perspective, I feel like Kreke lost a lot to close games because he got out coached. We can all agree to disagree.

Thanks for proving my point that Badin is better off without him. What assistant coaches are you referring to? Last I heard Joe Kreke stopped coaching to fight divorce lawyers. I have no clue if Gallagher is still coaching or not.

Thanks for proving my point that Badin is better off without him. What assistant coaches are you referring to? Last I heard Joe Kreke stopped coaching to fight divorce lawyers. I have no clue if Gallagher is still coaching or not.
The current HC at Fenwick and one current assistant were on Kreke's staff the last two seasons he was there. The current HC at Clinton-Massie was with Kreke for 9 years. And most if not all of Badin's assistants were with Kreke when he was at Badin....

Here you go history buff! Being a Fenwick alum i thought you would know about this website? Not everybody that played for Kreke enjoyed him. Only the tough hard nosed kids could play for him. The charmin soft boys couldn't handle him!
ChemH20 ! Do me a favor when you see Kreke tomorrow, ask him how many players he still talks to and how many have thanked him. I can tell you that is a very short list. I will admit I was mad when they fired Coach Kreke. They should have done it sooner.

Last edited:
The current HC at Fenwick and one current assistant were on Kreke's staff the last two seasons he was there. The current HC at Clinton-Massie was with Kreke for 9 years. And most if not all of Badin's assistants were with Kreke when he was at Badin....
I am not getting your argument ? It shows that they were not loyal that they stayed on staff when he got fired. I did like playing for Coach Graves but I could tell he was not a big fan of Kreke while playing for him.

I have a question. If he is really a good coach, WHY did he get fired from both schools?

ChemH20 ! Do me a favor when you see Kreke tomorrow, ask him how many players he still talks to and how many have thanked him. I can tell you that is a very short list. I will admit I was mad when they fired Coach Kreke. They should have done it sooner.
My whole point for Kreke is that he is a great person, but not a good basketball coach. You have not done anything to prove me otherwise. I think every person can attest to that.

As it stands, if Fenwick and Badin can win on Thursday, every team in the league will be in a sectional final. I can’t imagine that’s happened very often across the entire state.

I am not getting your argument ? It shows that they were not loyal that they stayed on staff when he got fired. I did like playing for Coach Graves but I could tell he was not a big fan of Kreke while playing for him.

I have a question. If he is really a good coach, WHY did he get fired from both schools?
Two types of head coaches in the world. Those that have been fired and those that are waiting to be fired.

This is the LAST thing I will say about Kreke. No one put up a solid argument that he was a successful coach :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It says a lot he was fired from both schools. Badin and Fenwick are doing much better without him.
That’s the same thing you’ve said 20 times in the thread already.

You are one of very few people who think Fenwick should have not fired him. When you get fired from two places (Badin and Fenwick), there is a reason.
The current Fenwick staff didn't think Fenwick should've let him go. Kreke was universally liked and respected as a good coach around Fenwick for a long time. Looks like we've got basketball's version of ImHipp over here :rolleyes:

Back to the games for tonight.... I like Fenwick over Bethel-Tate 20+... The game of the night I think is Clinton-Massie vs Badin. I think Badin is to much in the end. Badin by single digits in what could come down to the final possession.