IVC 23-24

Have a question for anyone out there in IVC land,has there ever been two IVC teams in different divisions, make it to the state final 4 in any sport in the same season, basketball, baseball, football or any other sport, I'd like to know if it has ever happened

2007-08 Season
Boys Basketball
Garaway (D3 State-Runner Up)

Girls Basketball
Hiland (D4 State Champs)
River View (D2 State Champs)

RV not in IVC...but pretty local.

Last edited:
In no way is anybody jealous of Malvern's undefeated season, I'm trying to look at positive side of this,and I wouldn't even known that Malvern was the only undefeated team left in Ohio, hadn't you said something about it, and I follow highschool basketball really close ,you should breeze through the sectionals, district you could get a challenge , regionals you could get your first big test, so good luck Hornets, and I hope you make it to state
Positive...
If Tucci and Malvern bow out early (not make Final 4)...it's easier to go back and say "we were the 1st basketball team at malvern to have an undefeated regular season"....counter argument statement..."you were the 1st basketball team at malvern to have an undefeated regular season to not win the last game of your season".

Tucci has had better players (Majestic and Mayle...both better than anything he has right now)....not make Final 4

I do hope Tucci/Malvern basketball make it to final 4...good to see local teams achieve that.

2007-08 Season
Boys Basketball

Girls Basketball
Hiland (D4 State Champs)
River View (D2 State Champs)

RV not in IVC...but pretty local.
I guess I should of said two boys teams only,in the same season,in any sport, in different divisions, make it to the final 4

I guess what I was hoping, is that maybe Malvern and Hiland could make to the final 4 in there own divisions,if the Hawks haven't had all of there late season injuries, I would have like there chances to make again , if Malvern can get by with the likes of Harvest Prep or maybe Africentric in the regionals,which is down some this season, they have a pretty good chance

I still like the hawks chances to make it we always play better in the tournament. Are defense and being so deep will get teams tired that is how we win. I did hear that Conner beachy will be back in the regionals. I still think it’s a very weak district. I did watch south Webster some they don’t sub only sub two players in a half the big guy never sat they will get tired if we play them. What is Beaville like? I know there record is not any good is it going to be bad tonight ? I am planning on going

Malvern happened to play the #1 and #2 seeded schools in the D2 Eastern District along with the #8 seeded school. Would seem they weren't looking to schedule wins based on this.
Malvern deserved credit for scheduling Maysville. Just a shame that isn't the norm. When you look at their 22-0 it's really more like 6-0.

Maysville (Scheduled)
Indian Valley (Forced to Play)
East Canton X2 (League Game)
Buckeye Trail X2 (League Game)

The rest of their schedule is a bunch of gimmes. Who is the next toughest team that they play?

Compare that to the game's Hiland chose to schedule:

Spire Institute - 3-14
Triway - 16-5
Dover 19-3
University School 10-12
Lutheran East 16-5
Wayne Trace 17-5
Ottawa Glandorf 19-3
Linsly 17-1
West Holmes 4-17

I still like the hawks chances to make it we always play better in the tournament. Are defense and being so deep will get teams tired that is how we win. I did hear that Conner beachy will be back in the regionals. I still think it’s a very weak district. I did watch south Webster some they don’t sub only sub two players in a half the big guy never sat they will get tired if we play them. What is Beaville like? I know there record is not any good is it going to be bad tonight ? I am planning on going
Yea there not very good at all,I think they only dress 7or 8 players at the most, Newcomerstown beat them by 20,CV beat them by 25 or so

Ok i am still planning on coming it’s tournament time have to support the team. The freshman team should play tonight lol. Hopefully Friday won’t be quite as bad.

Ok i am still planning on coming it’s tournament time have to support the team. The freshman team should play tonight lol. Hopefully Friday won’t be quite as bad.
There will be some running second half clocks tonight around the area,in boys basketball

why is everyone mad about Malverns schedule? Hiland lost to Garaway, East Canton, and Indian Valley. I get it Hiland played a tough schedule. But it didn’t prepare them for East Canton on a neutral floor. I don’t think Hiland wins at Maysville on a Tuesday night. They barley survived a Tuesday night in Magnolia.

why is everyone mad about Malverns schedule? Hiland lost to Garaway, East Canton, and Indian Valley. I get it Hiland played a tough schedule. But it didn’t prepare them for East Canton on a neutral floor. I don’t think Hiland wins at Maysville on a Tuesday night. They barley survived a Tuesday night in Magnolia.
That's kind of the point. When you play a brutal schedule you can't have a bad night or you'll lose. Different story if you only have to get up for a handful of games circled on the schedule.

So because they played a tough schedule they get a pass for scoring 32 points against East Canton?
Doesn't give Hiland an excuse and everyone has an off night but the reality is 3 of Hilands top 6 players are done for the year. They lost a key starter in the East Canton game. Take 3 key players off Malvern or IV and it would make a big difference. No one will feel sorry for Hiland but it does suck for the kids. Hopefully Malvern makes a run. It's a great time of year for these small towns when it's tournament time.

So because they played a tough schedule they get a pass for scoring 32 points against East Canton?
No, but would Malvern be better prepared for tournaments if they were 20-2 but had played Hiland's schedule? IMO they would be but Malvern seems to value easy wins in their schedule. Look at their football schedules. It's basically the same thing. It's what they do.

I would love nothing more than for Malvern to finish the season undefeated and hold up a trophy in Columbus. I hope it happens. I just wish they would have tested themselves more in the regular season.

Hiland 42
Bealsville 6

Half

Ugh. Hiland really isn't playing all that well. Lol That might be the worst boys HS basketball team I have ever seen.

64-9 final.

Last edited:
That was really bad I decided to leave at halftime to go eat at bags I couldn’t take anymore of it lol. I hope Friday is better Nick could not hit a three at least Sammy was hitting. I hope the starters don’t play the rest of them game don’t want anyone hurt.

IVC tournament scores
Coshocton 47
Sandy Valley 38

Bishops Rosecrans 65
Newcomerstown 41

Strasburg 46
Frontier 28

Union Local 66
Tusky Valley 51

Malvern 76
Ridgewood 43

Hiland 64
Beallsville 09

Garaway 52
West Muskingum 37

Barnesville 55
Buckeye Trail 46, 2ot

Last edited:
Monroe central almost lost there first game only won by 10 and only scored 38 points that’s horrible for a number one see I don’t see them beating Hiland. This is a week district.

That was really bad I decided to leave at halftime to go eat at bags I couldn’t take anymore of it lol. I hope Friday is better Nick could not hit a three at least Sammy was hitting. I hope the starters don’t play the rest of them game don’t want anyone hurt.
Several Hiland players were sick tonight, including Nick, Logan Hersh, Andrew and a few others. That was a brutal game to watch. Would have hated to see the final score if everyone was feeling full strength.

I hope we are full strength against strasburg Friday. I don’t know anything about strasburg but I can’t be any worst then tonight.