2023 SWBL BASKETBALL

Any tournament draw updates?
VV should lose their first game to Anna
Waynesville chose to play the #6 WLS and then #1 Tri-Village, underdog in both
Madison should lose their first game to Indian Lake
Brookville jumped in with Carlisle, if the Indians get by Miami East in their first game they should make it to districts
Oakwood should play Tipp in the district semis
Eaton/Franklin/Bellbrook probably underdogs to win one game

Probably only Carlisle and Oakwood have a real chance to play in districts, and it won't be easy

VV should lose their first game to Anna
Waynesville chose to play the #6 WLS and then #1 Tri-Village, underdog in both
Madison should lose their first game to Indian Lake
Brookville jumped in with Carlisle, if the Indians get by Miami East in their first game they should make it to districts
Oakwood should play Tipp in the district semis
Eaton/Franklin/Bellbrook probably underdogs to win one game

Probably only Carlisle and Oakwood have a real chance to play in districts, and it won't be easy
Is West Lib any good?

16-5, didn't play many good D3 teams. Lost to Indian lake by 20 and Anna by 12. That one is winnable for Waynesville
West Liberty is pretty solid. They only have 1 Senior that gets significant minutes, but a really good post player that is a Junior and some young guards that can shoot the ball well. They might not go too far this year, but they should improve even more for next year.

Swbl on how they matchup in tourney IMO,

Monroe plays Fairmont will not be close Fairmont rolls.

Edgewood plays Winton Woods, WW big

Ross Plays Princeton No chance for the rams. Princeton big

Oakwood should win two games against Ponitz and Kenton Ridge/Bellbrook winner to face Tipp city if seeds hold true.

Bellbrook plays Kenton Ridge- Bellbrook can play good at times and wowser at times. Think Kenton gets the win.

Franklin Plays Dunbar, Not a good matchup for the Wildcats, Typically Dunbar is fast and Athletic would present problems. Don't know much on Dunbar this year but I will take them to upset the Wildcats.

Eaton plays Urbana- Ill take Urbana

VV gets the winner of Anna/NT- I think VV could possibly hang with Anna If Denny is on. Think either team don't get by Shawnee in the next one though. VV Played them tough early in season so could be interesting

Waynesville plays WLS- This matchup is interesting and could come down to the final few possessions. I'll take Waynesville in a slight upset. Tri Village after that is a tough one.

Carlisle vs Miami East/Dixie winner- Carlisle East Matchup seems likely. Not seen much on East this year But seems to be a nice draw for the Indians. Give me the Indians to win and to move on to the next one as well to meet up with Marimont or Purcell.

Brookville plays Greenview, Brookville wins and meets up with Carlisle. A SWBl team makes it through. Just not the Blue Devils

Madison is likely to get Indian Lake, Madison will not compete with the Lakers.

If Brookville and Carlisle play again, I wouldn't sell the Blue Devils short. Brookville has score 80+ their last three games including beating both division champs. They have also won 8 of their last 9 so it looks like they maybe getting on a roll at the right time

If Brookville and Carlisle play again, I wouldn't sell the Blue Devils short. Brookville has score 80+ their last three games including beating both division champs. They have also won 8 of their last 9 so it looks like they maybe getting on a roll at the right time
They are playing well I agree with that. Their 1 lose was to Carlisle though.

I know it has to do with how certain teams matchup but Waynesville hasn’t lost to Brookville at any level since I can remember.

Any one got any info on Franklin / Vandalia Butler game last night? Hearing all kinds of stuff. Game got called in 3rd quarter and Butler fan was tased by police in parking lot? Any truth to it?
I am not sure what happened but that was the last game that will ever be played at the old Franklin High School. Former coaches, players and community members were in attendance and this is how it ended. It is really sad for a community that has always rallied around their schools and athletics. Again, not sure if it was a Franklin parent issue or what happened.

I just looked at the SWBL website and the game has been removed altogether....

I am not sure what happened but that was the last game that will ever be played at the old Franklin High School. Former coaches, players and community members were in attendance and this is how it ended. It is really sad for a community that has always rallied around their schools and athletics. Again, not sure if it was a Franklin parent issue or what happened.

I just looked at the SWBL website and the game has been removed altogether....
Well if I were a betting man, I know where my money would be:stirthepot:

Tournament games: Who do you have? Green are my picks

Oakwood vs Ponitz
Carlisle vs Miami East/Dixie
Brookville vs Greeneview
Waynesville vs West Liberty Salem
Valley View vs Anna/National Trail
Eaton vs Urbana
Madison vs Indian Lake/ Greenon

Franklin vs Dunbar
Bellbrook vs Kenton Ridge
Monroe vs Fairmont
Edgewood vs Winton Woods
Ross vs Princeton

Tournament games: Who do you have? Green are my picks

Oakwood vs Ponitz
Carlisle vs Miami East/Dixie
Brookville vs Greeneview
Waynesville vs West Liberty Salem
Valley View vs Anna/National Trail
Eaton vs Urbana
Madison vs Indian Lake/ Greenon

Franklin vs Dunbar
Bellbrook vs Kenton Ridge
Monroe vs Fairmont
Edgewood vs Winton Woods
Ross vs Princeton
I have zero objections to your list...well done.

Hard to believe it will be a clean sweep for the big division of the SWBL. Goes to show you that all of the teams in the big division really don't belong in their respective division. As I am looking at the matchups, I am assuming that the SWBL team went on the board first and all of those opponents went right after them. I don't think any of the SWBL coaches would have selected those matchups.

I have zero objections to your list...well done.

Hard to believe it will be a clean sweep for the big division of the SWBL. Goes to show you that all of the teams in the big division really don't belong in their respective division. As I am looking at the matchups, I am assuming that the SWBL team went on the board first and all of those opponents went right after them. I don't think any of the SWBL coaches would have selected those matchups.
Based on seed only Franklin went on the board before their opponent. The SWBL teams were seeded so low that they had few options other than going where they went.

I will take Miami East over Carlisle and WLS over Waynesville, other than that I am with you guys. I suspect some of those matchups may be ugly for the big side of the SWBL

Based on seed only Franklin went on the board before their opponent. The SWBL teams were seeded so low that they had few options other than going where they went.

I will take Miami East over Carlisle and WLS over Waynesville, other than that I am with you guys. I suspect some of those matchups may be ugly for the big side of the SWBL
Do they still do the draw that the top seeds (1,2,3,4, etc) have the ability to pass and go on the board later? This is what I thought happened?

Do they still do the draw that the top seeds (1,2,3,4, etc) have the ability to pass and go on the board later? This is what I thought happened?
They can pass, but I heard it is limited to the top 4 or 5. I know #2 Troy Christian passed in their bracket and went on the board after #3 Cedarville.

In the case of the SWBL teams, I would be surprised if passing impacted them.

Yeah, that was a new rule this year. Only the top 8 seeds were given the option to pass their selection (it used to be that anyone could pass regardless of their seed).