All things concerning the tournament after the draw on Sun.

My thoughts:
1. Hold the draw after all games are played
2. Adopt more of Martins formula. I think they went with Max Preps because all schools are on the web site and everyone can track the game results (a big problem now that newspapers are a non-factor).
The trick was getting schools to post results. That worked out better than I thought it would.
So you want to have a draw and then 2 days later play a game? Need more time prepare than that. I would say One week before the season is over makes more sense

Games begin this Saturday, the 17th in the Southeast District. They continue on the 19th in the SE and SW.

I looked at the bracket, so here’s my guess:

There are 5 byes.

Probably wanted to avoid the 4 seed Jumping on their sectional bracket. Which it worked when the 4 (St Mary’s) took the bye in the upper bracket.

question: When Fostoria passes to say Shawnee or St Mary could either of those schools pass as well?

For the NWDAB, the amount of teams that can pass are determined by how many "District" spots are available in that given draw. In Fostoria's case, the 1-4 seeds could all pass. The 5th seed could not pass.

For the NWDAB, the amount of teams that can pass are determined by how many "District" spots are available in that given draw. In Fostoria's case, the 1-4 seeds could all pass. The 5th seed could not pass.
So it’s always the top 4 can, since there are always 4 district spots

I just wish they would use the martin RPI seedings, they are much better,than MaxPreps and you get credited for playing up a division on your schedule

My thoughts:
1. Hold the draw after all games are played
2. Adopt more of Martins formula. I think they went with Max Preps because all schools are on the web site and everyone can track the game results (a big problem now that newspapers are a non-factor).
The trick was getting schools to post results. That worked out better than I thought it would.
Ohsaa went with maxpreps because they paid them off. I have heard over $200,000. I was told I could find this if I went through the public financials. I have not attempted this and can not verify the amount at this time And that was for one year.

Ohsaa went with maxpreps because they paid them off. I have heard over $200,000. I was told I could find this if I went through the public financials. I have not attempted this and can not verify the amount at this time And that was for one year.
Had heard it was money too......but I'm curious why MaxPreps would pay $200k? You can see MaxPreps real rankings for free (at least the top 25 in each division).....and you don't even have to go to MaxPreps to see the OHSAA RPI, it's on the OHSAA site.

So it’s always the top 4 can, since there are always 4 district spots

Typically, but not always. NWDAB has their Division 1 District split into 2 separate districts. In this case, 8 district spots are available thus top 8 seeds can choose to "pass".

I think they went with Max Preps because all schools are on the web site and everyone can track the game results (a big problem now that newspapers are a non-
I don't think this was the reasoning at all. A part of the reasoning is it took out the voting process from the coaches and rewards teams that had a good record during the regular season and weren't penalized by the "buddy-buddy" voting system. It may not be the best system but its a more fair system.

I don't think this was the reasoning at all. A part of the reasoning is it took out the voting process from the coaches and rewards teams that had a good record during the regular season and weren't penalized by the "buddy-buddy" voting system. It may not be the best system but its a more fair system.
It's not at all, because all conferences and schedules are not the same. At a minimum, they either need to tweak the formula (much lower than 40% WP, much higher on the other components) or assign weighting for division level of the opponents. The current system also punishes large conferences that play a lot of games (some have 16-18 league games) as, by default, the mid-level teams in the conferences will take losses even if they are very good.

It's not at all, because all conferences and schedules are not the same. At a minimum, they either need to tweak the formula (much lower than 40% WP, much higher on the other components) or assign weighting for division level of the opponents. The current system also punishes large conferences that play a lot of games (some have 16-18 league games) as, by default, the mid-level teams in the conferences will take losses even if they are very good.
Correct. I believe the coaches voting in the past was more accurate then what we got this year with the Maxprep ratings. Although with coaches still choosing their line in the bracket seeding isn't all that important as it usually is more beneficial to be lower in the seeding so that you can get a better look at what each district is starting to look like and chose a path with better matchups for your team.