Avon vs. Saint Ignatius

Now I need verification on the St. Joe's Prep vs. St. Ed's game regarding whether it is on Friday or Saturday because it is also week 2. I Really want to see Avon vs. Iggy and SJP vs. Ed's. That will SUCK if they are both on Friday week 2.

Now I need verification on the St. Joe's Prep vs. St. Ed's game regarding whether it is on Friday or Saturday because it is also week 2. I Really want to see Avon vs. Iggy and SJP vs. Ed's. That will SUCK if they are both on Friday week 2.
Isn’t Avon and Ignatius week 1

Isn’t Avon and Ignatius week 1
You know what: I got my weeks mixed up.
week 1 - Avon at Iggy. So I can see this game.
week 2 - (Mentor at Iggy) and (SJP at Ed's). I want to see all 3 of those games. Week 2 is the potential issue. So still in the same boat, just week 2.

Thanks for messaging that.

Last edited:
As others have said, no brainer for Avon. No potential playoff issues by scheduling this game, and I'm sure they view Ignatius as "down" compared to years past.

But by August Ignatius will have had plenty of time to simmer over last year. Zinger knows how big of a game this will be for him. Real chance to right the ship for the Cats

As others have said, no brainer for Avon. No potential playoff issues by scheduling this game, and I'm sure they view Ignatius as "down" compared to years past.

But by August Ignatius will have had plenty of time to simmer over last year. Zinger knows how big of a game this will be for him. Real chance to right the ship for the Cats
They won’t, Ignatius hasn’t bottomed out yet. Avon by 10. The athletes and winning tradition is in Lakewood now at eagle high. I’ll be rooting for the Avon eagles in this one. Iv seen them play a dozen times over the last few yrs and they are without a doubt the best coached public school in NEO.

They won’t, Ignatius hasn’t bottomed out yet. Avon by 10. The athletes and winning tradition is in Lakewood now at eagle high. I’ll be rooting for the Avon eagles in this one. Iv seen them play a dozen times over the last few yrs and they are without a doubt the best coached public school in NEO.

Well, maybe "some" doubt. Some other neo guy was national coy.

Avon is a GREAT program. Love Elder. But I have a more optimistic opinion of Ignatius as the previous poster stated and could see a mild upset. Avon by 10 is a reasonable prediction though. I think Avon will be as good if not even a bit better than they were last year and the QB is going to have a monster year - book it. Great matchup. Good luck to both.

Program litmus test for Avon I suppose. I too believe the Cats will be much improved next year but, clearly, this is not like scheduling Ignatius in the 90's, 2000's or even early 2010's (the times when Ed's could get the local publics on the schedule).

Well, maybe "some" doubt. Some other neo guy was national coy.

Avon is a GREAT program. Love Elder. But I have a more optimistic opinion of Ignatius as the previous poster stated and could see a mild upset. Avon by 10 is a reasonable prediction though. I think Avon will be as good if not even a bit better than they were last year and the QB is going to have a monster year - book it. Great matchup. Good luck to both.
I admit I don’t know the Avon team up and down but replacing Coffey and the D1 lineman are not going to be easy. Ignatius has questions on both sides and the way things have gone I don’t expect the Cats to win.

I admit I don’t know the Avon team up and down but replacing Coffey and the D1 lineman are not going to be easy. Ignatius has questions on both sides and the way things have gone I don’t expect the Cats to win.
Avon football was successful before those two and will be after them. Great players, but Avon has replaced D1 RBs and linemen before and the beat goes on.

Avon football was successful before those two and will be after them. Great players, but Avon has replaced D1 RBs and linemen before and the beat goes on.
Early prediction. Avon goes 0-2 against Glenville and Hoban. That is unless our OC decides to give our stud RB only a few carries and splits him out in the slot the majority of the game. 🥲🥲🥲

Early prediction. Avon goes 0-2 against Glenville and Hoban. That is unless our OC decides to give our stud RB only a few carries and splits him out in the slot the majority of the game. 🥲🥲🥲

Wow that's bold. I like it! :) I got Avon but we'll see. Some great football games there, can't wait.

Avon going 2-0 against both or beating Glenville? The best high school in the state is right here in NEO, you’re right there are some great football games next season!
Avon will be ready, as always, and I'm sure Coach Ginn will have Glenville ready, as always, so a good game, as always, is to be expected. These are the type of games that can go either way and are played to test if a team has what it takes to go all the way. That's what makes these games fun. Avon has to face St Ignatius and Canton McKinley first, but the Glenville series is a special one for sure. As for Hoban, Avon doesn't have to worry about them until later and knows exactly what the Knights bring to the table.

Avon will be ready, as always, and I'm sure Coach Ginn will have Glenville ready, as always, so a good game, as always, is to be expected. These are the type of games that can go either way and are played to test if a team has what it takes to go all the way. That's what makes these games fun. Avon has to face St Ignatius and Canton McKinley first, but the Glenville series is a special one for sure. As for Hoban, Avon doesn't have to worry about them until later and knows exactly what the Knights bring to the table.
D2 playoffs are so damn good. I wish we were D2 :( is it just me or does it seems like D2 playoffs are tougher than D1 these last 5 or so years?

D2 playoffs are so damn good. I wish we were D2 :( is it just me or does it seems like D2 playoffs are tougher than D1 these last 5 or so years?

Idk but it does seem like the better energy is in D2. So many great matchups of statewide interest, that have become rivalries unto themselves. Can't take anything away from St. Ed but there isn't much space between the top tiers in each Div. Up till about 10 years ago there was a big gap. Right about when LaSalle went off. Imagine if they ever got back to their 3-peat talent level, whew.

The top of D2 has been as good (if not better) as D1 in recent years. IMO, the group of Massillon, Hoban, Avon, Winton Woods, and TCC (albeit D3 this past year) has been better overall than any group of the top 5 D1 teams the past two years. As for whether the playoffs in D2 have been "tougher", that is less apparent. Region 5 is by far the most competitive in D2. R6 has been a two-team battle with Avon and TCC. Massillon has no competition in a very weak R7. Region 8 was stronger when LaSalle was better, but is still not comparable to R4 in D1. So until the final 4 stages, there is nothing that definitively tells me the D2 playoffs are tougher.

Judging from the usual criticisms in any Glenville thread apparently a lot of people wish the Tarblooders were in D2. I do too, but for reasons you mentioned. Adding Glenville to the D2 mix, along with Toledo CC, would make the D2 playoffs truly epic.

Hoban has to worry about getting past the Bengals first!

Judging from the usual criticisms in any Glenville thread apparently a lot of people wish the Tarblooders were in D2. I do too, but for reasons you mentioned. Adding Glenville to the D2 mix, along with Toledo CC, would make the D2 playoffs truly epic.
A region 6 with Avon, TCC and Glenville would be amazing!

Great games and more about being battle tested as well as exposed so the coaches can work on weaknesses that the other teams does exploit so they are more prepared for Novemeber/December.

Is this the year Avon finally wins a state title? Glenville did in D4, Massillon won a playoff title in D2.