• dual meet scores added

Updated:
  • individual rankings
  • team rankings
  • p4p rankings
  • most dominant stat
  • best wins
  • dual meet scores added
Hey Dubstat I am guessing you don't take head to head into consideration for your rankings. You had sent out a form to fill out with duals that you couldn't get results from, so I submitted one with Tanner Smith from Lebanon (you have him at 14 for 215#) upsetting Will Adkins from Moeller 6-3. Well Will moves up to 4 and Tanner stays at 14. HMMMM

Hey Dubstat I am guessing you don't take head to head into consideration for your rankings. You had sent out a form to fill out with duals that you couldn't get results from, so I submitted one with Tanner Smith from Lebanon (you have him at 14 for 215#) upsetting Will Adkins from Moeller 6-3. Well Will moves up to 4 and Tanner stays at 14. HMMMM
You submitted one single match result. The form is for full dual meets - all 14 weights. I’m not going to enter individual matches. If you have the full dual meet results, please resubmit.

One head to head wouldn’t o er rule a whole body of work, their is no human element of opinion, it’s all based off of statistics. Isn’t that correct dubstat?

One head to head wouldn’t o er rule a whole body of work, their is no human element of opinion, it’s all based off of statistics. Isn’t that correct dubstat?
yea that’s correct. The head to head would factor into both wrestlers ratings but it’s one of many matches.

Also, more recent results have the most influence over ratings.

for example, a recent head to head win would influence ratings more so than one that happened at the beginning of the season.

Nice round up on the D1 State Dual matchups... I was wondering if you would analyze them like that...

Question - is there ever any plan to be able to use your web interface to see a wrestler's history that goes into the rating? It would be cool to see all the matches that generate the results without having to go back and forth between Jake's. Did the duals on your site get loaded into the results for Elo? I don't see the duals in Jake's, assume you may adjust only on your side? Also, how far back in Jake's did you go for results - only last year (2022-2023)?

Will be fun to see your analysis for Sectional/District/State... And see how Boro and the others see it as well...

Thanks for the time you spend on this, it gives us spectators good discussion fodder.

Nice round up on the D1 State Dual matchups... I was wondering if you would analyze them like that...

Question - is there ever any plan to be able to use your web interface to see a wrestler's history that goes into the rating? It would be cool to see all the matches that generate the results without having to go back and forth between Jake's. Did the duals on your site get loaded into the results for Elo? I don't see the duals in Jake's, assume you may adjust only on your side? Also, how far back in Jake's did you go for results - only last year (2022-2023)?

Will be fun to see your analysis for Sectional/District/State... And see how Boro and the others see it as well...

Thanks for the time you spend on this, it gives us spectators good discussion fodder.
I eventually want to get the match history on my site and show how many elo points were gained/lost per match but I don’t have a way currently to host that much data. Jake has a whole database built out that’s capable of handling large datasets.

The duals are factored into the ratings. I feed them in separately from Jakes data.

I went back two years (2021/2022, 2022/2023, plus this season)

You submitted one single match result. The form is for full dual meets - all 14 weights. I’m not going to enter individual matches. If you have the full dual meet results, please resubmit
You submitted one single match result. The form is for full dual meets - all 14 weights. I’m not going to enter individual matches. If you have the full dual meet results, please resubmit.
It turns out you may have had Smith a little overrated.

he was not over rated. It was a nightmare week for my son last week. He was off school for 3 days really badly sick. Could barely lift his head. Thursday came and his fever broke so we were able to send him to school. He practiced on Thursday for 20 min and could barely breathe for those 20 minutes. He broke out in hives and on Friday morning he decided to try and wrestle. He lost 10 pounds and was down around 205 when wrestling started. Plus since the hives when going through skin checks they weren't going to let him wrestle. Luckily he was on medicine from being sick and we proved it so he could wrestle. But it was a nightmare. He had no strength. Now before you condemn a kid as over rated and talk about an 18 year old kid, why don't you figure out what happened. My son is beside himself because that was the last time he will ever lace up the wrestling shoes. He had nothing to prove to you. He had a great high school career with around 120 career wins and if you have ever seen Lebanon's wrestling schedule. They wrestle some of the best competition

he was not over rated. It was a nightmare week for my son last week. He was off school for 3 days really badly sick. Could barely lift his head. Thursday came and his fever broke so we were able to send him to school. He practiced on Thursday for 20 min and could barely breathe for those 20 minutes. He broke out in hives and on Friday morning he decided to try and wrestle. He lost 10 pounds and was down around 205 when wrestling started. Plus since the hives when going through skin checks they weren't going to let him wrestle. Luckily he was on medicine from being sick and we proved it so he could wrestle. But it was a nightmare. He had no strength. Now before you condemn a kid as over rated and talk about an 18 year old kid, why don't you figure out what happened. My son is beside himself because that was the last time he will ever lace up the wrestling shoes. He had nothing to prove to you. He had a great high school career with around 120 career wins and if you have ever seen Lebanon's wrestling schedule. They wrestle some of the best competition
Worst of all he had to deal with the pressure of his Dad embarrassing him on Yappi. For future endeavors, I advise letting your son/wrestler let their WRESTLING do the talking. And no, not one match. Also, these rankings are based off metrics and statistics, not opinions. So your argument is moot.

Just be happy that he could wrestle his senior season. I would have given just about anything to have been able to see my son wrestle his.

How is e'Than Birden the most dominate wrestler, but 12th P4P? scratching my head
I was going to ask the same question. He has had an exceptional performance, all year. After the gauntlet at Ironman. I believe all of his wins have been by bonus points. I mean that is very dominant and he stands out as one of the most formidable competitors, following closely behind the likes of Marcus.

[/QUOTE]
Just be happy that he could wrestle his senior season. I would have given just about anything to have been able to see my son wrestle his.
We missed him this year saw him at prodigy in the beginning of the season you raised a good kid coach sorry it happened that way. Good luck with stacks at state that boy is an absolute monster.