Most Likely to Win State in Each Division

snapspinscore

Below, are my rankings for most likely to least likely to win a state title, per division, based on Borofan’s #1 rankings in each weight. This is NOT a ranking of who I think is better than the other, this is strictly based on factors like strength of bracket paired with their talent.

D1

1) Marcus Blaze
2) Ethan Birden
3) Jarrel Miller
4) Aiden Fockler
5) Phoenix Contos
6) Karson Brown
7) Jaxon Joy
8) Carson Thomas
9) Johnny Slaper
10) Kade Brown
11) Timothy Mazur
12) Omar Ayoub
13) Jeremy Ginter
14) Grey Burnett

Notes: I am VERY high on Burnett. He is only last based on the fact that I am also VERY high on returning Champ, Timar. That should be the best D1 final in the state tournament this year, imo. Again, this ranking is only based on likelihood of a title, not a ranking of strictly talent. Blaze won’t be challenged, easiest choice of any ranking in any division.

D2

1.) Max Shulaw
2.) Gunner Cramblett
3.) Mitchell Younger
4.) Edward Neitenbach
5.) Brogan Tucker
6.) Colyn Limbert
7.) Aiden King
8.) Joe Curry
9.) James Lindsey
10.) Blake Bartos
11.) Kaiyon McKinney
12.) Lance Overmeyer
13.) Aiden Ohl
14.) Jeff Blair

Notes: Nobody will compete with Shulaw. Brogan Tucker could be higher, but Sanderfer is a tougher finals opponent than anyone above him will have.

D3

1.) Dillon Campbell
2.) Adam Mattin
3.) Keegan Sell
4.) Brodie Dominique
5.) Dakota King
6.) Tristan Greene
7.) Kohen Horvath
8.) Luke James
9.) Reese Stephen
10.) Nathan Attisano
11.) Caleb Cunningham
12.) Trevor Wilcox
13.) Lucas Thomas
14.) Michael Frye

Notes: Campbell will have very little resistance to take home his 4th. Anyone in the top 5 can win 106 this year. D3 continues to have the most parity and is hardest to rank.

Below, are my rankings for most likely to least likely to win a state title, per division, based on Borofan’s #1 rankings in each weight. This is NOT a ranking of who I think is better than the other, this is strictly based on factors like strength of bracket paired with their talent.

D1

1) Marcus Blaze
2) Ethan Birden
3) Jarrel Miller
4) Aiden Fockler
5) Phoenix Contos
6) Karson Brown
7) Jaxon Joy
8) Carson Thomas
9) Johnny Slaper
10) Kade Brown
11) Timothy Mazur
12) Omar Ayoub
13) Jeremy Ginter
14) Grey Burnett

Notes: I am VERY high on Burnett. He is only last based on the fact that I am also VERY high on returning Champ, Timar. That should be the best D1 final in the state tournament this year, imo. Again, this ranking is only based on likelihood of a title, not a ranking of strictly talent. Blaze won’t be challenged, easiest choice of any ranking in any division.

D2

1.) Max Shulaw
2.) Gunner Cramblett
3.) Mitchell Younger
4.) Edward Neitenbach
5.) Brogan Tucker
6.) Colyn Limbert
7.) Aiden King
8.) Joe Curry
9.) James Lindsey
10.) Blake Bartos
11.) Kaiyon McKinney
12.) Lance Overmeyer
13.) Aiden Ohl
14.) Jeff Blair

Notes: Nobody will compete with Shulaw. Brogan Tucker could be higher, but Sanderfer is a tougher finals opponent than anyone above him will have.

D3

1.) Dillon Campbell
2.) Adam Mattin
3.) Keegan Sell
4.) Brodie Dominique
5.) Dakota King
6.) Tristan Greene
7.) Kohen Horvath
8.) Luke James
9.) Reese Stephen
10.) Nathan Attisano
11.) Caleb Cunningham
12.) Trevor Wilcox
13.) Lucas Thomas
14.) Michael Frye

Notes: Campbell will have very little resistance to take home his 4th. Anyone in the top 5 can win 106 this year. D3 continues to have the most parity and is hardest to rank.
Sharples bringing that 🔥 this morning!
Solid rankings.
I like Reese Stephen at Barnesville a lot. Potential final with Daxton Chase... whoa.

You are assuming that Burnett and Timar will be on separate sides of the bracket? Worst part about our state tournament is that they dont seed #1's at state to get the best 2 guys in the finals.

You are assuming that Burnett and Timar will be on separate sides of the bracket? Worst part about our state tournament is that they dont seed #1's at state to get the best 2 guys in the finals.
They come out of the same district so unless they finish 1/4 or 2/3 at the district they will be separated.

Yes, all rankings/predictions are subject to assumption. it should go without saying. Snapsinscore is least confident in Burnett winning because of Timar like he mentioned as the returning state champ regardless of what side of bracket they are on at the state tournament.

so they could meet in district semi?
Yes potentially they could meet in the semi's at the district tournament, but as mentioned above as long as they both don't finish 1 & 4 or 2 & 3 at the district tournament they will be separate at the state tournament.

The wild card in this will be Seacrist from Brecksville. I know he was out for a while after Ironman, is he back yet and/or will he be back for the post season? He is very tough and provides a tough out for either of the above mentioned. I believe Burnett and Timar both beat Seacrist, but he provides potential to play spoiler especially if Brecksville chooses to head to Perrysburg district this year.

Yes potentially they could meet in the semi's at the district tournament, but as mentioned above as long as they both don't finish 1 & 4 or 2 & 3 at the district tournament they will be separate at the state tournament.

The wild card in this will be Seacrist from Brecksville. I know he was out for a while after Ironman, is he back yet and/or will he be back for the post season? He is very tough and provides a tough out for either of the above mentioned. I believe Burnett and Timar both beat Seacrist, but he provides potential to play spoiler especially if Brecksville chooses to head to Perrysburg district this year.
I think I saw where he is done for the year, I think he had a leg surgery.

Yeah Seacrist is done for the year. I heard he has the slimmest of chances to return this year.

I was assuming Burnett and Timar would be separated by the district placements.

Sharples bringing that 🔥 this morning!
Solid rankings.
I like Reese Stephen at Barnesville a lot. Potential final with Daxton Chase... whoa.
I couldn’t agree more. These two are on a different level. Looking at Jake’s page, I see Chase has plowed through many ranked wrestlers. While Stephen has had some key victories. March will be exciting fs.