Mar-A-Lago raided by the FBI

Now this is really interesting!

As reported earlier today — President Trump declassified a binder on January 19th, 2021 that contains hundreds of pages about the Crossfire Hurricane scandal. It contains damaging information about the corrupt actors involved with our government. Two different DOJ Attorney General’s have defied President Trump’s direct lawful order to publish the binder in the Federal Register. It’s been 19 months as the DOJ defies the order, and every FOIA request to make it public. Can we now raid the homes of acting AG Monty Wilkinson, and Merrick Garland?

So Gore put the country through hell for a month while the 1/6 trespassing event lasted about 3 hours. Is that about right?
Trump put the country through hell for the 4 years he was in office and continues to do so since he got disemboweled in the 2020 election. the legal walls are closing in on your fake orange king and you don't like it. you are scared of what the FBI will uncover in this raid , why don't you just admit it instead of whining and spewing B.S. rhetoric. it's possible the FBI will find enough to bring down half of the GOP if not more

It is all one giant conspiracy. :ROFLMAO:
We could say this for basically any criminal investigation.

The FBI is not planting evidence...it has been WELL KNOWN and WIDELY REPORTED by NUMEROUS SOURCES that Donald Trump took records and documents and did not follow NORMAL procedures on document retention or the National Archives.

Trump put the country through hell for the 4 years he was in office and continues to do so since he got disemboweled in the 2020 election. the legal walls are closing in on your fake orange king and you don't like it. you are scared of what the FBI will uncover in this raid , why don't you just admit it instead of whining and spewing B.S. rhetoric. it's possible the FBI will find enough to bring down half of the GOP if not more
So you're moving the goalposts? Is this why the FBI/DOJ raided Trump's home - he put us through hell for four years?

It's interesting, because I was watching an interview where the opposite was said about declassifying the documents. They just didn't think of it until after the fact. After he was out of office. So, that will be interesting to see if someone falls on the sword and says "I" didn't do it. "We didn't record that we declassified stuff, but we wanted to. Honest mistake." I'm not sure that's even the point. It's not his to keep. Classified or not. He has had plenty of time to give it back. He didn't and now he was forced to. Secret Service was told in advance. Very simple. However, not to cry babies that keep claiming that America is not great.
It's a grey area which is why in every previous case involving these types of documents and departing administrations the followup has been done by lawyers stretching out over months and years. But for Trump it involves an FBI aid on his home. Funny how that works.

I see the whole "planting evidence" talking point is now front and center. This would explain why Trump hasn't released the search warrant or an inventory of what the FBI took. They must have found some good sh%t! I had a buddy in high school who used the same exact excuse when his parents found some weed in his room. Lol.

I see the whole "planting evidence" talking point is now front and center. This would explain why Trump hasn't released the search warrant or an inventory of what the FBI took. They must have found some good sh%t! I had a buddy in high school who used the same exact excuse when his parents found some weed in his room. Lol.
First off there is debate about whether Trump received a copy of the warrant or whether it was sealed. CBS is reporting that Trump doesn't have a copy.

Second, even if Trump has a copy it's not his responsibility to release the information. It's on Garland and the DOJ to clearly communicate to the American people why they raided the private home of an ex POTUS.

As for Trump releasing a list of what was taken - are you serious? If someone took boxes of records I had laying around the house I would not be able to provide a detailed list of exactly what was taken - could you?

Given the precedent set here and the obvious concern of weaponizing the FBI/DOJ for partisan political action it was on Garland and Garland alone to get up in front of the American people and tell us exactly why they raided Trumps home and what they were looking for. And he needed to do this on the same night they raided Trump's home. That they haven't done this two days after the raid speaks volumes about their motivations.

First off there is debate about whether Trump received a copy of the warrant or whether it was sealed. CBS is reporting that Trump doesn't have a copy.

Second, even if Trump has a copy it's not his responsibility to release the information. It's on Garland and the DOJ to clearly communicate to the American people why they raided the private home of an ex POTUS.

As for Trump releasing a list of what was taken - are you serious? If someone took boxes of records I had laying around the house I would not be able to provide a detailed list of exactly what was taken - could you?

Given the precedent set here and the obvious concern of weaponizing the FBI/DOJ for partisan political action it was on Garland and Garland alone to get up in front of the American people and tell us exactly why they raided Trumps home and what they were looking for. And he needed to do this on the same night they raided Trump's home. That they haven't done this two days after the raid speaks volumes about their motivations.
Correct, but if this is all one giant ploy to get Trump, and he does have a copy, why wouldn’t he release it?

As for Trump accusing the FBI/DOJ of planting evidence why shouldn't he be suspicious? After all these agency's have previously been shown to have used planted evidence, the Steele Dossier, to get FISA warrants approved to spy on Trump. He has every reason to be suspicious of these people.

Correct, but if this is all one giant ploy to get Trump, and he does have a copy, why wouldn’t he release it?
Why do their job for them?

He may be holding on to the warrant to see what they'll say first and then produce the warrant to show where they're lying or misleading the public.

If it was me I would not unilaterally share the warrant unless releasing it cleared me of a terrible crime. Right now speculation is that the warrant is about documents or maybe about the 1/6 riot. From Trump's POV they're both BS.

IMO Trump benefits by the ambiguity of the governments actions here. It was the DOJ/FBI and Biden administrations responsibility to clearly articulate to the American public why they took the action they did. That they haven't speaks volumes. Trump has no obligation to help them out here.

Why do their job for them?

He may be holding on to the warrant to see what they'll say first and then produce the warrant to show where they're lying or misleading the public.

If it was me I would not unilaterally share the warrant unless releasing it cleared me of a terrible crime. Right now speculation is that the warrant is about documents or maybe about the 1/6 riot. From Trump's POV they're both BS.

IMO Trump benefits by the ambiguity of the governments actions here. It was the DOJ/FBI and Biden administrations responsibility to clearly articulate to the American public why they took the action they did. That they haven't speaks volumes. Trump has no obligation to help them out here.
Because it would clear up the confusion in his favor? I thought that was an obvious answer.

Still waiting for your first!
home video zing GIF

Because it would clear up the confusion in his favor? I thought that was an obvious answer.
I disagree. If the warrant says they're looking for classified documents that they claim Trump illegally has in his possession then Trump is put on the defensive in trying to tell us why the warrant is wrong. It's better for Trump if the DOJ goes first, after all they raided his house with the warrant, and explains to the American people and the republican party the need for this unprecedented action.

Given that any confusion here is the result of the FBI & DOJ's actions why would Trump want to help them clear it up? The speculation is that the warrant involves documents and/or January 6. In both cases Trump is confident that he did nothing wrong and that the government has no case.

Of curse this assumes that Trump has a copy of the warrant which CBS and other news outlets are reporting he does not as it was a sealed warrant.

I understand why they didn't, but boy that'd been something if the FBI served the warrant while Trump was there.

No, it did not. You live in an alternate reality.

Forget the planting evidence part. It's an absolute conspiracy to get Donald Trump. Count them with me--

Russian Collusion Witch Hunt 0 - 1

Impeachment #1 Witch Hunt 0 - 2

Impeachment #2 Witch Hunt 0 - 3

J-6 Witch Hunt 0 - 4

National Archives Witch Hunt 0 - 5

That is the reality. Any guesses on the subject of Witch Hunt #6? It's absolutely coming.

I disagree. If the warrant says they're looking for classified documents that they claim Trump illegally has in his possession then Trump is put on the defensive in trying to tell us why the warrant is wrong. It's better for Trump if the DOJ goes first, after all they raided his house with the warrant, and explains to the American people and the republican party the need for this unprecedented action.

Given that any confusion here is the result of the FBI & DOJ's actions why would Trump want to help them clear it up? The speculation is that the warrant involves documents and/or January 6. In both cases Trump is confident that he did nothing wrong and that the government has no case.

Of curse this assumes that Trump has a copy of the warrant which CBS and other news outlets are reporting he does not as it was a sealed warrant.
Because if he’s innocent, he releases the warrant and gets to say “See they’re making things up to try and stop me.” And he gets to play that up now while this is still fresh in everyone’s mind and people are upset about it. If he waits until the FBI releases it, which could be 6 months from now, no one cares, the American people have moved onto the next political scandal.

(f) Executing and Returning the Warrant.

(1) Warrant to Search for and Seize a Person or Property.

(A) Noting the Time. The officer executing the warrant must enter on it the exact date and time it was executed.

(B) Inventory. An officer present during the execution of the warrant must prepare and verify an inventory of any property seized. The officer must do so in the presence of another officer and the person from whom, or from whose premises, the property was taken. If either one is not present, the officer must prepare and verify the inventory in the presence of at least one other credible person. In a case involving the seizure of electronic storage media or the seizure or copying of electronically stored information, the inventory may be limited to describing the physical storage media that were seized or copied. The officer may retain a copy of the electronically stored information that was seized or copied.

(C) Receipt. The officer executing the warrant must give a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the property taken to the person from whom, or from whose premises, the property was taken or leave a copy of the warrant and receipt at the place where the officer took the property. For a warrant to use remote access to search electronic storage media and seize or copy electronically stored information, the officer must make reasonable efforts to serve a copy of the warrant and receipt on the person whose property was searched or who possessed the information that was seized or copied. Service may be accomplished by any means, including electronic means, reasonably calculated to reach that person.

Because if he’s innocent, he releases the warrant and gets to say “See they’re making things up to try and stop me.” And he gets to play that up now while this is still fresh in everyone’s mind and people are upset about it. If he waits until the FBI releases it, which could be 6 months from now, no one cares, the American people have moved onto the next political scandal.
The new fall tv series are just around the corner. The American people will be too involved in "reality tv" to care about anything else.