2022 Elder Football

That's a murderer's row of a schedule.

Honestly, 5-5 would be respectable.
I’m hoping for 7-3 but 5-5 might be the most realistic prediction.

CC- win, but close
PC- lean towards loss, but could be close. PC loses a lot and it’s at the Pit
Springboro- Win
Eds- loss, hope it’s not a blowout
Ville X- loss
X- tossup
Moe- loss
Roncali- toss up
Chatard- tossup
LS- win

I’m hoping for 7-3 but 5-5 might be the most realistic prediction.

CC- win, but close
PC- lean towards loss, but could be close. PC loses a lot and it’s at the Pit
Springboro- Win
Eds- loss, hope it’s not a blowout
Ville X- loss
X- tossup
Moe- loss
Roncali- toss up
Chatard- tossup
LS- win
Moe has no QB, you should make them a toss up as well.

I think all 3 gcl games this year will be a toss up. They could go 3-0, they could go 0-3. I think they would take 7-3 with that schedule no doubt.

I think all 3 gcl games this year will be a toss up. They could go 3-0, they could go 0-3. I think they would take 7-3 with that schedule no doubt.
I don’t see them beating Moeller with all they have back. Realistically, the other 2 games are tossups.

Isn't Van at Winton Woods? Now I am intrigued by Birddog's post
Wow, you’re right, didn’t hear about that. I’m guessing they told him to take a hike because they’ve got someone better lined up to transfer in. WW also got in the stud RB from Mt Healthy. Wish Freeman could’ve talked him into coming with him to Elder.

Last edited:
Is Moeller already letting the NIL money for transfers flow like milk and honey?
What does Moeller or any other high school have to do with NIL Money? From the Schedule I saw yesterday, Elder has a very tough Schedule. Should be an interesting season.

Yes, shady recruiting is always interesting. I’d bet tons of $ George was told to transfer bc they recruited over him.
You’d lose your money. He violated the school code of conduct, so out he went. There is/was a connection to WW head coach for him, so he moved into their district and enrolled at WW.

Any rumors on where the St. Ed's game will take place? I feel like they haven't had it at the same location up here in NEO for many years.

Any rumors on where the St. Ed's game will take place? I feel like they haven't had it at the same location up here in NEO for many years.
Elder going up as a program? Moe did that last year. Frosh and JV games played at St Edward. Varsity held down the road at Lakewood HS, where new turf was recently installed. I believe St Edward played all of their home games at Lakewood last year.

If my memory is correct the Elder was unbeaten at Lakewood Stadium. But in 2011 or so Lakewood HS would host a band competition in week 4 causing Ed's to have to look for another place to host the game. The game has jumped around a lot

2011 @ Fairview High School
2013 @ John Carroll University
2015 @ Baldwin Wallace University
2017 @ Bedford High School
2019 @ Medina Highland High School

All five of those games are Elder loses. Highland or Baldwin Wallace are my two favorites out of those. John Carroll and Bedford were ok stadiums, but on the opposite side of Cleveland. Fairview seemed small.

If my memory is correct the Elder was unbeaten at Lakewood Stadium. But in 2011 or so Lakewood HS would host a band competition in week 4 causing Ed's to have to look for another place to host the game. The game has jumped around a lot

2011 @ Fairview High School
2013 @ John Carroll University
2015 @ Baldwin Wallace University
2017 @ Bedford High School
2019 @ Medina Highland High School

All five of those games are Elder loses. Highland or Baldwin Wallace are my two favorites out of those. John Carroll and Bedford were ok stadiums, but on the opposite side of Cleveland. Fairview seemed small.
Yes, I found that also when I looked back during their week 4 matchup with St. Edward this past season.

Facing St. Ed's on the road
1997 Won 35-28 3OT at Lakewood
2007 lost 10-7 at ???Lakewood???
2009 Won 38-14 at Lakewood
2011 lost 30-10 at Fairview
2013 lost 48-7 at John Carroll
2015 lost 31-20 at Baldwin-Wallace (Ed's won state)
2017 lost 40-7 at Bedford HS
2019 lost 42-25 at Highland's North Gateway Tire Field

The 2007 game was at Lakewood. Weird game, Elder was coming off the big win against Independence and the tough road matchup with Oak Hills the two weeks prior.

Yes, I found that also when I looked back during their week 4 matchup with St. Edward this past season.

Facing St. Ed's on the road
1997 Won 35-28 3OT at Lakewood
2007 lost 10-7 at ???Lakewood???
2009 Won 38-14 at Lakewood
2011 lost 30-10 at Fairview
2013 lost 48-7 at John Carroll
2015 lost 31-20 at Baldwin-Wallace (Ed's won state)
2017 lost 40-7 at Bedford HS
2019 lost 42-25 at Highland's North Gateway Tire Field

We also played at Lakewood Stadium in 2002 vs St Ignatius. A win 45-35.

That game was played at Byers field in Parma. That's where Ignatius typically plays their home games
Incorrect, I was at the game. It was at Lakewood. Elder has only played at Byers Field in 2018. Ignatius use to use Lakewood as a home field. In 1997 the sameday Elder played Eds at night, X had played Ignatius that afternoon at Lakewood.