Jackson Baseball this yr

yes, return date is one day after their scheduled tournament game, so I would guess they are done for this year.

It is not the kid's fault, and there should be nobody that blames the parents for exercising medical safety and good health sense. It is a shame where we see so many people condemn others that are acting out of a sense of medical safety. Just because something is 99.99% okay, doesn't mean caution should be avoided. Looked at another way, that would mean that 1 out of 10,000 would have severe issues. Just thing of how how good those odds are!! If you had a 1 out of 10,000 chance to hit the lottery, many more would play it! If there's any criticism, whatever the governing body is in this situation should be adjusting their return to play criteria based upon updated data. Rapid testing is also readily available, and it could allow for healthy players to be rapid tested 2 days prior, 1 day prior, and day of game. Test would have to be administered by school nurses that sign a personal liability claim to each test result matching each athlete. Yes, this would be a little extra work, and there is a little extra expense. But it's not that much work, and I'm quite certain that parents of healthy athletes would happily bear the cost of a rapid test for 3 days (about $20 per test now), if it meant their child's playoffs could continue.

It is not the kid's fault, and there should be nobody that blames the parents for exercising medical safety and good health sense. It is a shame where we see so many people condemn others that are acting out of a sense of medical safety. Just because something is 99.99% okay, doesn't mean caution should be avoided. Looked at another way, that would mean that 1 out of 10,000 would have severe issues. Just thing of how how good those odds are!! If you had a 1 out of 10,000 chance to hit the lottery, many more would play it! If there's any criticism, whatever the governing body is in this situation should be adjusting their return to play criteria based upon updated data. Rapid testing is also readily available, and it could allow for healthy players to be rapid tested 2 days prior, 1 day prior, and day of game. Test would have to be administered by school nurses that sign a personal liability claim to each test result matching each athlete. Yes, this would be a little extra work, and there is a little extra expense. But it's not that much work, and I'm quite certain that parents of healthy athletes would happily bear the cost of a rapid test for 3 days (about $20 per test now), if it meant their child's playoffs could continue.
Agreed, it just plain stupid and selfish to say, "do NOT get tested, do NOT put the season in jeopardy."

Do not put the season in jeopardy? Wow.

Okay boomer.

Kid.
Sick.
Stay home.
Don't get tested.
Season continues.

Can def tell that family is not into the Team Concept.of sports.

Thought it was pretty much a given starting this football season watched protocol is if an athlete feels sick.

Way to go. Ya ended the teams season. I feel bad for the seniors on that team whom has their last season, last sport, yanked from them.

So test all the other kids. No other positives, play on.

We are no longer shutting down other groups (churches, corporations, businesses, schools) for one positive test. Qurantine 7 days, test everyone, play ball.

Some play for the name on the front of their jersey, some play for the name on the back.

I'm a front of the jersey guy myself....
I'm pretty sure that every coach I spoke with regarding this situation used the same formula. If sick, stay home, don't get tested. Being a teammate used to require some self sacrifice. It appears not to everyone, LOL.
Btw.....I had to tell the story of our epic '91 contest in Canton.

It still breaks my heart.

This may be the dumbest post I’ve ever read on yappi.

I think attacking an athlete or his parents for worrying about his health is ridiculous. No one on this forum knows if the kid has diabetes or a weakened immune system (my sons played with kids who had both in multiple sports). This is not a take one for the team situation or a suck it up situation. Everyone has to do what is right for their families. The poor kid probably feels bad enough and now a bunch of anonymous nobody's on Yappi are going to slam him further. He didn't create the pandemic.

hhhhhh.jpg

The Jackson/Madison game scheduled for tonight has been rescheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) night.

Go Bears!
Was this a mutual agreement or a well timed rainout?
Or did the state step in?

Agree, it is good for Jackson and those Seniors.

It wasn't a rainout but I don't know how it got worked out.

I noticed the other game in this district, scheduled for last night, was also rescheduled for tonight.
Winners play eachother?
Makes complete sense that if they do that both were moved.

To get 4 schools to agree, I am presuming the OHSAA stepped in and made this happen but maybe I am wrong...it is almost half way through 2021 and I so far have been pitching a perfect game.

Dammit, I said it, now I am going to be wrong soon. IT was a good run though, but my personal record is not being wrong until November.
Maybe 2022....

Winners play eachother?
Makes complete sense that if they do that both were moved.

To get 4 schools to agree, I am presuming the OHSAA stepped in and made this happen but maybe I am wrong...it is almost half way through 2021 and I so far have been pitching a perfect game.

Dammit, I said it, now I am going to be wrong soon. IT was a good run though, but my personal record is not being wrong until November.
Maybe 2022....
No, the winners of the two rescheduled games don't play each other.