We now know the officer who used deadly force at the Capital

I enjoy wrestling

Doesn't excuse her conduct, but who is this Officer?

He is the officer that kept the savages out of the Capital Chamber.

Doesn't excuse her conduct, but who is this Officer?

Judas Priest this does raise a lot of questions doesn't it? Did you see what this guy said in some of his social media postings? I mean come on they have to look into this don't they?

Weird that there were cops behind her and they didn't do anything to stop her. Weird too that she was hit in the throat, but the guy was aiming more at her knees.

Judas Priest this does raise a lot of questions doesn't it? Did you see what this guy said in some of his social media postings? I mean come on they have to look into this don't they?
The officer wasn't shy about sharing his opinions on social media. If confirmed, it raises some questions. No wonder it was kept so secret. I really need to think about it. She was warned many times.

He is the officer that kept the savages out of the Capital Chamber.
And once again we agree on something. She was warned, and did not comply. I would have had no problem if the capital police eliminated the threat with many more going down. They did not belong in there, and at least we have one example of what non compliance could look like.

The officer wasn't shy about sharing his opinions on social media. If confirmed, it raises some questions. No wonder it was kept so secret. I really need to think about it. She was warned many times.

Look I'm not defending her. She was warned multiple times and chose to ignore the warnings. She is culpable in her own death. But at the same time this guy expressed deep hatred of and threatened violence against Trump supporters and MAGA protesters.

Given his expressed opinions on social media and the fact that he killed an unarmed women who was not a direct threat to him should raise alarm bells in all fair minded people.

If there wasn't this kind of noxious paper trail detailing this guys prejudices and hatreds then I would say it was an open and shut case. But under the circumstances this needs to be investigated further.

And once again we agree on something. She was warned, and did not comply. I would have had no problem if the capital police eliminated the threat with many more going down. They did not belong in there, and at least we have one example of what non compliance could look like.

But if this level of harsh response is not applied equally it's far more destructive then if it's not applied at all. Selective use of violence by the authorities will lead to all sorts of problems.

I happen to favor the harsh response so I'll give the officer the benefit of the doubt though his social media postings has eroded that a bit. But if we go through another summer where cities are looted and burned and nothing much is down then I can no longer support lethal police response to these events when the harshness of the response is based on who the violators are.

Ok, let's say we agree. You wouldn't have a problem with Columbus Police shooting the attackers last week? They were trying to break into the Police Station? Open up on the correct? One guy in particular should be dead. The background of that officer should not be investigated. Even if he has anti BLM social media post. He was just doing his job.

Ok, let's say we agree. You wouldn't have a problem with Columbus Police shooting the attackers last week? They were trying to break into the Police Station? Open up on the correct? One guy in particular should be dead.
Exactly. What exactly did the police think was going to happen when this handful of unarnmed people got inside? In truth, it was just another building.

That’s the problem in being a cop. The stupid on the right and left hate you. This guy is a hero and those MAGA idiots are lucky more weren’t killed

What makes me cringe about the whole thing is how very different the MSM has reacted to this story. There has been almost universal support for the police in this situation. If this exact scenario played out with BLM and a white cop, the story would have been covered very differently. And that is just wrong. It is shameful how divisive our MSM has become. This would have been held up as a grotesque example of police brutality had the roles been reversed. As with almost all the other police involved shootings, it is a tragic loss of life due to bad decisions. But the stark difference in coverage is a travesty.

Ok, let's say we agree. You wouldn't have a problem with Columbus Police shooting the attackers last week? They were trying to break into the Police Station? Open up on the correct? One guy in particular should be dead. The background of that officer should not be investigated. Even if he has anti BLM social media post. He was just doing his job.
I would have zero problem with that scenerio. Things have gotten out of control with lack of respect for authority. I also realize taking a life does not reinstill respect for authority. It may however prevent more people from pushing the line on what level of complaint will be tolerated.

If people had broken and entered the capital building 50 years ago would there have only been one dead violator?

There was a shooting in the Louisville riots a year or so back where some national guardsmen shot and killed a business owner who was armed and they said opened fire first. That one is an interesting situation and similar to here in my opinion. Many of the national guard come from small towns or rural communities and are not entirely comfortable with big city ways and culture. In talking to some who have served in similar protective situations they have said they just want to get the job done and return home.

I'm not supporting the officer in his actions at the capital building, simply saying I understand the stress they were placed under and irresponsible actions that led to a death of one violator.

But if this level of harsh response is not applied equally it's far more destructive then if it's not applied at all. Selective use of violence by the authorities will lead to all sorts of problems.

I happen to favor the harsh response so I'll give the officer the benefit of the doubt though his social media postings has eroded that a bit. But if we go through another summer where cities are looted and burned and nothing much is down then I can no longer support lethal police response to these events when the harshness of the response is based on who the violators are.
If the response was equal, hundreds would have been killed at the Capital.

What makes me cringe about the whole thing is how very different the MSM has reacted to this story. There has been almost universal support for the police in this situation. If this exact scenario played out with BLM and a white cop, the story would have been covered very differently. And that is just wrong. It is shameful how divisive our MSM has become. This would have been held up as a grotesque example of police brutality had the roles been reversed. As with almost all the other police involved shootings, it is a tragic loss of life due to bad decisions. But the stark difference in coverage is a travesty.
What’s more interesting is the near universal Yappi support for the cop that shot the 13 year old who was running away from police vs the condemnation of the Capital officer who was facing a violent mob charging directly at him. I think we all know what the results would be had the demographic of the terrorists been different.

Meanwhile, the animals are trying to pick off National Guardsmen in MN at 4AM.

So one guy held off thousands of people who were already surrounded by police outside the window where this brave guy felt he was the only one that needed to fire a weapon?
Most cops did not hold any of them back because they did not use equal or the additional force required to stop the threat. At least he got the job done.

What’s more interesting is the near universal Yappi support for the cop that shot the 13 year old who was running away from police vs the condemnation of the Capital officer who was facing a violent mob charging directly at him. I think we all know what the results would be had the demographic of the terrorists been different.
You sometimes make yourself look like an idiot. This is one of those times.

Daunte Wright? Well, he should have listened to the officers and complied! He would still be alive
Adam Toledo? Shouldn't have run! Even if he didn't have a weapon in his hands, he should have just complied! He would still be alive

Ashli Babbit? She was murdered! There's no excuse for the police to use that kind of force!

Y'all are a parody at this point

Daunte Wright? Well, he should have listened to the officers and complied! He would still be alive
Adam Toledo? Shouldn't have run! Even if he didn't have a weapon in his hands, he should have just complied! He would still be alive

Ashli Babbit? She was murdered! There's no excuse for the police to use that kind of force!

Don’t forget George Floyd. Quite the pattern they have going.

You were played first....funny, you call for officers to be put in jail over the Daunte Wright, Adam Toledo...but the officer that shot Ashli Babbit..no problem there.

Last we heard, Babbit wasn’t a violent felon fleeing from police or waving a gun at the police.

Get a grip.