Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall forced to put white actor in ‘Coming to America’

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
One of the great things about growing up in the late 1980s is watching a movie a dozen times and never once thinking that there was only one white person in the whole movie. Sadly, I can just imagine how many people today are holding clickers in their hands watching a movie counting how many ethnicities are in a particular movie.

Call it equal opportunity laughter, but Louie Anderson did not appear in 1988’s “Coming to America” because stars Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall were dying to share the screen with him.

When the two of them appeared on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” to promote the sequel, “Coming 2 America,” they revealed the real reason.

“I love Louie, but I think we were forced to put Louie in it,” Hall, 65, told the host. “We were forced to put in a white person.”

I think it‘s fine they wanted an all-black movie. They should have been allowed.
I agree, it wouldn’t have changed the movie one bit. The difference bw normal ppl and SJWs is normal ppl care about the quality of the movie over the diversity of the cast. The sequel looks like hot f’n garbage and I probably won’t be watching it. Anything with Leslie Jones is almost always a hard pass.

normal people probably care more whether the movie profits. The mistake IMO was made by some guy in an office who others had to listen to. Or maybe not. Big country. I can see many signalers on these boards that would claim some political BS behind why the movie had no white actors and going to lead a revolution about it by not going and spending many paragraphs trying to convince others not to go.

Maybe that guy in the office actually knew what he was doing, given profits not deep thought the real goal of an Eddie Murphy/Arsenio Hall movie. Got to get that Louie Anderson demographic in the theatre. Or maybe it's just Murphy and Hall virtue signaling NOW.

normal people probably care more whether the movie profits. The mistake IMO was made by some guy in an office who others had to listen to. Or maybe not. Big country. I can see many signalers on these boards that would claim some political BS behind why the movie had no white actors and going to lead a revolution about it by not going and spending many paragraphs trying to convince others not to go.

Nobody would care except for the fact if it were the other way around, media would s**t themselves and call the movie racist

Hey another white victimhood thread....everybody drink.
What does this have to do with white victimhood? If anything its black victimhood...they were "forced" to put him in the movie.

I believe the correct scoring on my liberal scorecard would be white privilege.

Hey another white victimhood thread....everybody drink.
Who cried "victim" on this thread? Name names - if you can.

I seriously doubt any movie goers were concerned about making sure they had a white "celebrity" in CTA. And, the late timing of this "revelation" is certainly Kavanaugh-worthy. But if true, does anyone really believe it added one dollar to the bottom line?

Well, come to think of it, I did hold off on seeing "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" until I confirmed Eve Plumb would be in it. So maybe the producer's logic was sound after all.

Last edited:
Swing and a miss.

knocked it out the park. WAY too much whine going on. One thread, two, sure, to point out what they think are hypocrisies. This is crazy weak people talking on DB these days about how "white" people wouldn't be bothered by things apparently bothering non-whites, while they incessantly cry they being victimized by media, "lefties," Hollywood, "woke" people....

geez, you don't get tired of all the whine? My Ma would have smacked the crap out me if I acted like these losers and told me to get to work.

knocked it out the park. WAY too much whine going on. One thread, two, sure, to point out what they think are hypocrisies. This is crazy weak people talking on DB these days about how "white" people wouldn't be bothered by things apparently bothering non-whites, while they incessantly cry they being victimized by media, "lefties," Hollywood, "woke" people....

geez, you don't get tired of all the whine? My Ma would have smacked the crap out me if I acted like these losers and told me to get to work.
You're striking out too.

Point out anything remotely resembling "white victimhood" in this thread.

The only whining in this thread is people complaining about whining that wasn't there. It was an honest discussion about how two black guys were forced to put a white guy in their movie. Hell, everybody agreed that they should have been allowed to cast whom they wanted. How do you get from that to "white victimhood." GTFO.

hopefully your "Ma" has a few more good swings in her. ? :oops:

The only whining in this thread is people complaining about whining that wasn't there. It was an honest discussion about how two black guys were forced to put a white guy in their movie. Hell, everybody agreed that they should have been allowed to cast whom they wanted. How do you get from that to "white victimhood." GTFO.

Amen.

MLK must be rolling over in his grave over this utterly asinine woke bullshi$.

The only whining1) in this thread is people complaining about whining that wasn't there. It was an honest discussion about how two black guys were forced to put a white guy in their movie. 2) Hell, everybody agreed that they should have been allowed to cast whom they wanted. How do you get from that to "white victimhood." GTFO.
lol, another illiterate comments. R.I.F.

As for the part two, no they didn't, nor should they. In any other topic regards who runs a business, you conserviclones would rip anyone that said the worker bees should have say how the Queen runs things. Now it's ok?

The bottom line here is: make money. It wasn't a message movie. I'm sure for all their indignation that both Murphy and Hall accepted that paycheck and residuals. Yet you see no hypocrisy because it serves your clonemaster and your virtue signalling to ignore it.

Whiney little programmed robots looking for anything to signal they're all for the "black" family even to pretend or ignore their own stated values. smh

EIB stepping on rake after rake ITT.

Your post would have some bite if you'd mentioned the rake. ;)

Was it the part where I mentioned the point of the movie was to make money?

The part where I mentioned that Murphy and Hall had no complaint as they were getting paid?

The part where I mentioned that Murphy and Hall were just virtue signaling?