Incident stops Oyler-New Miami game

I referred to this earlier. One of the organizations was careful to say it "appeared" as if he kicked in the head. News organizations are not charged with litigating, making decisions based on any type of evidence. In most cases, the public would accuse them of using their news articles to editorialize, something they are not supposed to do.

There's a huge difference between us saying it here based upon looking at a video and a news organization stating it factually. They can quote others. If it's personal witness by a reporter maybe then but even in that case, I doubt it. I think they stick with "appeared." These are minors making it even more of an issue I would suppose.

I'm not sure how that is difficult for the scooby gang here to understand? There was no emergency. They weren't warning the public of an immediate threat. They have time to get it right. This doesn't mean the organizations have an "agenda." Fact it, the scoobies weren't worried about what happened to the victim and that it got accurately reported. They were worried about "lefties." If they NEVER include it, getting so upset or presuming some agenda as was being done by the scoobies strikes me as silly, particularly since the video was public. But that's personal opinion, I realize that. Most articles on out in the real events do not seem to me to give lots of details. They say the person was "charged." In this case, no one has been charged. I suspect the concern is interfering with court cases.

But again, if it has you upset, why are you not asking those news organizations and school districts their reasons? I suspect they'll say the same things I've said here post one. ?
I'm not upset at all, just posting an opinion. Judging by the number of words here, you seem to be one of the most upset people around.

There's a reason why the locals in Cincinnati refer to The Enquirer as the "local fishwrap"

This headline is a flat out lie. Unsubstantiated rumors of racial slurs and a "hard foul" did not end this contest.

The assault on a player laying face down on the floor and the chaos that followed did.

There's a reason why the locals in Cincinnati refer to The Enquirer as the "local fishwrap"

This headline is a flat out lie. Unsubstantiated rumors of racial slurs and a "hard foul" did not end this contest.

The assault on a player laying face down on the floor and the chaos that followed did.
Would a kick to the face also count as a "hard foul?"

This is the beginning of the Facebook post alleging slurs. Please notice, “and I’m sure much more.” Obviously, this fan, not in attendance is making the narrative fit his beliefs!

So last night, my nephews basketball team Oyler High Schol, went to play New Miami Middle/High School, at New Miami. Throughout the game (which had to be ended early, for reasons that will soon be clear), the athletes, the students and the parents in attendance from New Miami consistently yelled slurs at the literal children playing for Oyler. Calling them "s', "Slaves", "Inner city trash", and I'm sure much more. Eventually, one of the boys on the Oyler squad got fed up and committed a hard foul on one of the Flying Klansmen or whatever their team is called. The game was stopped by the principal of Oyler, who was, luckily, in attendance, and more threats and slurs were thrown at her and at all the Oyler team and staff. Thankfully, everyone made it home safe.

This is where the media got their story.....

Yet they never asked once...... if the principal was there, why didn't said principal step in and demand that something be done about it?

Nobody talks about the black official that was on the game as well.....

My favorite line in the whole post.... "and I'm sure much more"

This is the beginning of the Facebook post alleging slurs. Please notice, “and I’m sure much more.” Obviously, this fan, not in attendance is making the narrative fit his beliefs!

So last night, my nephews basketball team Oyler High Schol, went to play New Miami Middle/High School, at New Miami. Throughout the game (which had to be ended early, for reasons that will soon be clear), the athletes, the students and the parents in attendance from New Miami consistently yelled slurs at the literal children playing for Oyler. Calling them "s', "Slaves", "Inner city trash", and I'm sure much more. Eventually, one of the boys on the Oyler squad got fed up and committed a hard foul on one of the Flying Klansmen or whatever their team is called. The game was stopped by the principal of Oyler, who was, luckily, in attendance, and more threats and slurs were thrown at her and at all the Oyler team and staff. Thankfully, everyone made it home safe.
In a nearly empty gym no ref heard any of that stuff being "yelled".

I hate stuff like this, esp in HS sports.

I didn't think the foul looked excessive. It was hard foul that you want a player to commit to prevent a layup. The kick to the head was excessive. Lol.

The fouler/kicker walked away after the foul, and it seems something incited him to kick. I imagine something was said by the kickee.

But nothing that could have been said justifies that kicking. Myles Garrett tries to hit a Steeler's QB in the head by swinging a helmet - but there was some racial/racist comment that cannot be verified that allegedly cued up the rage. A HS kid, or his friends on social media, wouldn't adopt a narrative like that to justify the unjustifiable, would they? OTOH, all kinds of things go on in these games that aren't necessarily apparent or heard.

All kinds of life lessons in there for both players and teams about how to deal with heated situations. But good lessons can only be learned from whatever the truth is.

the kid who got fouled had his face planted toward the hardwood so i'm not sure what he could have said to make that other guy go nuts to kick him in the head.

the kid who got fouled had his face planted toward the hardwood so i'm not sure what he could have said to make that other guy go nuts to kick him in the head.
Might have been something earlier or a cumulative thing - or maybe the fouler has anger and self control issues. No way for me to know. The important point is, regardless of whatever the motivation was, it's not justifiable to kick someone in the head. Lol

My son was a big, lumbering post. Strong, but proved the maxim that "white men cant jump". He was good at positioning and making up a little for his lack of athleticism.

In a heated league game he had a kid who felt like he had to elbow the ribs or punch in the throat to keep Jr off the boards. After each of these events, the kid would say, "How do you like that?"

Jr played for a coach who would bench him if he started a fight during a game, so he would try to throw a few subtle cheap shots of his own to police that stuff. But this night he didnt feel like being subtle. There was a rebound fought for, the kid palm slapped him in the face and said his "how do you like that" thing, they fell onto the baseline, and Jr, in front of God, the officials, and 1500 fans elbowed him in the arm and yelled, "How do you like THAT?!" Lol.

Tech and he went to the bench.

Point being all kinds of things go on during games that arent heard or apparent to observers.

PS: About 8 years later that kid tried to buy my son's home. They looked at each other, there was an awkward moment, and then they had a good laugh about it.

Interesting followup:

After watching this video, what could one black player (New MiamI) say to another black player (Oyler) to cause such a reaction?

I could understand maybe if the hard fouled player did the kicking. However, it was the player who committed the hard foul who doubled down with the dirty kick.

Maybe it’s just the case of a player losing their cool and being unable to control their behavior rather than an instance of racism.

I believe one could get access to both locker rooms via the exit in the left corner. I've not been there in many years but the gym looks the same. There is a hallway that can be accessed by either end of the court where the locker rooms are located. My guess they were heading to the visiting locker room. Just a supposition.

Might have been something earlier or a cumulative thing - or maybe the fouler has anger and self control issues. No way for me to know. The important point is, regardless of whatever the motivation was, it's not justifiable to kick someone in the head. Lol
Self-control issue? Hello Dr. Freud lol jk

This is really easy...One person (the kicker) is responsible for this entire incident and he should not play in another basketball game the rest of the year.
Agreed.

But I think more needs to be done in the investigation. Were racial slurs used? Was it a lie to excuse the actions on the court of that player?

This wouldn't be the first time that racial slurs may have been used but it also wouldn't be the first time someone may have lied about racial slurs. BOTH need to stop.

This is really easy...One person (the kicker) is responsible for this entire incident and he should not play in another basketball game the rest of the year.

100% correct, that’s why Race was brought up to deflect from this kids piss poor behavior! This is also what is seriously wrong with CPS. Everything bad that happens is race related instead of personal responsibility for ones own actions! Blame someone or something else to try and “justify” totally unacceptable crap!

So in summary...

*Oyler player kicks a defenseless opponent
*Runs away and hides from the ensuing confrontation
*Lies about why he did it
*Falsely accuses a bi-racial player, his team, school, and fans of racist taunts
*Social Media adds fuel to the fire with lying fabricated false posts like this..."So last night, my nephews basketball team Oyler High Schol, went to play New Miami Middle/High School, at New Miami. Throughout the game the athletes, the students and the parents in attendance from New Miami consistently yelled slurs at the literal children playing for Oyler. Calling them "s', "Slaves", "Inner city trash", and I'm sure much more. Eventually, one of the boys on the Oyler squad got fed up and committed a hard foul on one of the Flying Klansmen or whatever their team is called. The game was stopped by the principal of Oyler, who was, luckily, in attendance, and more threats and slurs were thrown at her and at all the Oyler team and staff"

I'd think Oyler and CPS would be completely embarrassed by the situation but they wont. This will happen again and again and time and time again the cries of racism will hopefully be proven incorrect.

Actual racism in this country is at an all-time low. So low that the vast majority of these reported local and national "incidents" turn out to be completely made-up. Think about that.

Last edited: