VASJ’s Elvis Grbac Resigns (Alt: Elvis has left the building)

Heard it's a done deal - Rotsky to VASJ. I also heard that Elvis is not done with his path or destruction as he fired the entire football staff. Expect the transfers to start pouring in from Euclid, Richmond Hts, Glenville, Cleveland Public, Cleveland Hts, etc. He will not coach a team void of talent and now he can legally go out and get it. He could not beat Ed's, Iggy or Mentor while at Euclid and now he will be dealing with a new school he wont beat - Kirtland.
Bball216, the football team went winless last year? Why not make a change?

Besides, the basketball program was getting kids from Euclid, Richmond Hts., Cleveland Public, Cleveland Hts., etc. and the former basketball coach could never beat Ed’s either. The change in the basketball program has been so well received by the alumni that I’m told there has been a renewed interest by many young alums in sending a 2nd generation of students to the Viking Village now. Im told the toxic culture that surrounded the basketball program has disappeared quickly.

When I discussed this with my customer....(long time assistant coach with Rotsky, and college buddy) , he told me that many of their staff would be coaching under Jeff at whatever school they ended up at. So the termination of the former staff isn't a surprise. St.Ed, St. Iggy, and Mentor are elite. Put those three in a different region and you may never hear of many of the region 2/3 schools that make the state tourney. Euclid has the talent. They lack a solid QB, need better special teams play, a great kicker, and need more overall fundamental play in order to beat those teams. As long as Euclid has the demographic it does the Coach has to concern himself with the eligibility, home life ,and conduct outside of the classroom, (hint, hint) before he can even begin coaching any scheme. Those three schools have better families teaching those kids before they ever set foot on the campus. Just my .02 cents. Your son was a fine young man long before Babe coached him because of the hard work you and your wife put in as parents. Rotsky doesn't have the benefit of molding the kind of kids that possess quality traits like you generally find at the Saints and Mentor, Kirtland, Avon, etc.
So how do you think he'll do at VASJ? If he was limited at Euclid because of the "demographics" what should we expect at one of the most underwhelming parochial schools in the area? I'm sure he'll be able to maximize the talent there, but doesn't seem like there is that much there.

So how do you think he'll do at VASJ? If he was limited at Euclid because of the "demographics" what should we expect at one of the most underwhelming parochial schools in the area? I'm sure he'll be able to maximize the talent there, but doesn't seem like there is that much there.

The one thing that didn’t help was that VASJ football when Storey (much respect to coach, to mind you and a key figure at the school) was brought on, VASJ’s football program never adapted to modern times until at least 2013 with play calling. They were still running the stack I formation and a lot of play calls from the Gutbrod days. They had plenty of athletes capable at the school, however they never were able to promote the football program to draw in kids like other schools and end up losing them to much better programs. Another is the lack of facilities, until recently, the weight room used to be in a small garage that I want to say was the rifle range building back in the day. Now the former Tech Building at the school is the weight room as well housing the wrestling room. As I said, there is not too much of appeal to VASJ football outside of the basketball program and even they are in rebuilding mode. So hopefully things don’t get crazy, but Rotsky would help bring VASJ back to respectability if it is true he will be the new coach. Maybe see the renewal of the Euclid vs St.Joes/VASJ rivalry in football in a few years?

According to some , Rotsky will start pulling kids from all over. Talent will not be an issue. Being that Lombardo lives in Euclid and the general area has plenty of CYO talent, if its good enough for a St.Edward it will be good enough for VASJ. If even on a lesser scale. Glenville and Shaw are not far away.

Heard through the grapevine that the VASJ AD is not on board with the Rotsky hire. Any validity to this by those more connected in the VASJ program? Is it even really her call when it comes down to it or is it more of a board decision?

Heard through the grapevine that the VASJ AD is not on board with the Rotsky hire. Any validity to this by those more connected in the VASJ program? Is it even really her call when it comes down to it or is it more of a board decision?
I think there is a board (don’t quote me on this) that I believe the superintendent of the diocese, the school president Rich Osborne, Principal Dave Csank, and the AD would have to approve of the hire. As I said, I may be wrong on this.

She seems more like the AD by attrition thanks to Elvis leaving. When the News Herold said she was a good candidate for the AD because she was closer in age to the student body and could relate to the student athlete's better,I looked at my computer screen and said GIVE ME A F'_ing Break.

Last edited:
I think there is a board (don’t quote me on this) that I believe the superintendent of the diocese, the school president Rich Osborne, Principal Dave Csank, and the AD would have to approve of the hire. As I said, I may be wrong on this.
Make an effing decision already. It is this kind of indecision and lack of leadership that got VASJ into this position in the first place. Has Babe or his father applied for the job yet? I hear they are available too!!!!!

Something has to be up right?
Yappi told me it’s been a done deal for a week, but I haven’t heard any announcement. I’m not saying it isn’t going to happen but it seems like some people here are jumping the gun.

This is a great hire. In all my business dealings I’ve known Coach Rotsky to exemplify great character and leadership. His ability to connect with kids is unlike any other coach that school has seen. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be a Viking Football supporter.

This is a great hire. In all my business dealings I’ve known Coach Rotsky to exemplify great character and leadership. His ability to connect with kids is unlike any other coach that school has seen. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be a Viking Football supporter.
Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Brush leaving the WRC?

When I discussed this with my customer....(long time assistant coach with Rotsky, and college buddy) , he told me that many of their staff would be coaching under Jeff at whatever school they ended up at. So the termination of the former staff isn't a surprise. St.Ed, St. Iggy, and Mentor are elite. Put those three in a different region and you may never hear of many of the region 2/3 schools that make the state tourney. Euclid has the talent. They lack a solid QB, need better special teams play, a great kicker, and need more overall fundamental play in order to beat those teams. As long as Euclid has the demographic it does the Coach has to concern himself with the eligibility, home life ,and conduct outside of the classroom, (hint, hint) before he can even begin coaching any scheme. Those three schools have better families teaching those kids before they ever set foot on the campus. Just my .02 cents. Your son was a fine young man long before Babe coached him because of the hard work you and your wife put in as parents. Rotsky doesn't have the benefit of molding the kind of kids that possess quality traits like you generally find at the Saints and Mentor, Kirtland, Avon, etc.
It is official!!!!! Lets get to work!!!!!!!

Make an effing decision already. It is this kind of indecision and lack of leadership that got VASJ into this position in the first place. Has Babe or his father applied for the job yet? I hear they are available too!!!!!
Made the effing decision. Ok ,now lets strap it up and get this ship turned around. When does free agency begin?

Yep I was wrong. I guess I’m just surprised a Catholic school will hire a guy who will curse and scream and M F at 16 year old kids. I guess my Christian values are outdated.
A special Rotsky confessional will be set up at midfield. "Bless me father for I have sinned".......

He’s a slime ball

I heard that Rotsky will be at Cornerstone when the Vikes take on the Patriots in basketball . Hail Red &Blue. "I'VE GOT THAT FEELING.....OH YEA"..........

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is Brush leaving the WRC?
The short answer is Chet Mason. Behind his leadership the basketball program has grown into a national power. His mentorship has provided countless kids opportunities beyond high school. With that being said, the Arcs needed room to grow to even greater heights.

Is Brush really a
The short answer is Chet Mason. Behind his leadership the basketball program has grown into a national power. His mentorship has provided countless kids opportunities beyond high school. With that being said, the Arcs needed room to grow to even greater heights.
is Brush really a “national power”? On Maxpreps they’re not in the the top 25. I looked back a few years too. Didn’t see them ranked.