D4 R16 Semi-final #3 Wyoming (8-0) vs. #7 Valley View (6-2)

Who wins?

• Valley View

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

IRLMN1999

Rematch of last years Regional final, Wyoming and VV will be playing for the 3rd time in 5 years in the playoffs

2016 - Wyoming W 29-12
2019 - Wyoming W 33-0
2020 - ???

can VV get the monkey off their backs? Or will Wyoming continue to have their number

This is an old playoff rivalry from back in the late 90's as well. Two teams very familiar with one another. Just like last week for VV, this is another tough challenge with a great offense and good QB. It'll take another total effort to win. I would consider this a 50/50 game, or maybe a slight edge to Wyoming.

Rematch of last years Regional final, Wyoming and VV will be playing for the 3rd time in 5 years in the playoffs

2016 - Wyoming W 29-12
2019 - Wyoming W 33-0
2020 - ???

can VV get the monkey off their backs? Or will Wyoming continue to have their number
It’s gonna be closer this time— I hope Wyoming wins— but I won’t be surprised if I am disappointed.

Coin toss. From what I’ve seen, Wyoming is slightly more well-rounded, VV is more aggressive. Likely will come down to turnovers.

I watched some film on Wyoming. I was more concerned last week vs. Indian Hill than I am about Wyoming. I'm not saying Wyoming can't win, but I don't think they're quite as dynamic offensively. Specifically they aren't as dynamic at the QB position. Indian Hill had speed at the skill positions but also at the QB position. Wyoming's QB looks to be not as strong of a passer or runner. They do have good skill players at WR and RB. Indian Hill would get to the edge with jet sweeps, rolling their QB, etc. I think Wyoming is more likely to run right at you with their RB with a little jet sweep action. I anticipate that Wyoming has a strong defense and will look to run more of the power spread run at Valley View.

It'll be a very close game, probably a lower scoring game. I think Valley View wins something like 21-14.

2016 - Wyoming W 29-12
2019 - Wyoming W 33-0
2020 - ???

Recall the playoff game when Dustin Strayer was leading the Spartans versus the Cowboys who had Pope at RB. Strayer lit them up.

Wyoming has not seen a defense this good all year. They played the same old CHL teams( no challenge) No IH game ,first week bye/cancelled and then Graham again not much D in that game. VV takes this game.

Reactions: 4GX
This graphic has been painted on the wall of our local neighborhood Dairy Queen (for some time)— this business must know how to pick ‘em:
1604280646279.jpeg

Roger Bacon: Division V- Regional Finalist this week
Wyoming: Division IV- Regional Finalist this week
Winton Woods: Division II- Regional Finalist this week
St. Xavier: Division I- State Semi-Finalist this week

I guess it helps to have four pretty good teams from your neighborhood— wonder if there is anywhere else in Ohio that has such representation in the state football playoffs this year?

That was one crazy game on Saturday night! VV had the game in hand and decided to throw the ball a couple times instead of running clock on their last possession in regulation. That set up a missed FG and a subsequent drive by Wyoming which was one for the ages. Those two teams were evenly matched and Wyoming just made more plays down the stretch.

Reactions: 4GX