The official EBC Football Thread

For the record I never said louisville was scared to play anyone, I simply said they complain now that they don’t get in the playoffs because of their schedule of harder teams. Even tho them being out of the EBC hasn’t helped any other teams get into the playoffs so they shoulda just stayed
Technically, Louisville did stay. If Louisville could find enough schools to start a conference, they can still use Northeastern Buckeye Conference as it's name if they wanted to because everyone else couldn't kick Louisville out of the league as they were one of the original members. That's why the seven other schools left the conference to form their own, the Eastern Buckeye Conference(how original :LOL:).

For the record I never said louisville was scared to play anyone, I simply said they complain now that they don’t get in the playoffs because of their schedule of harder teams. Even tho them being out of the EBC hasn’t helped any other teams get into the playoffs so they shoulda just stayed
Louisville got screwed by the NBC, technically they all left the NBC and started the EBC. Louisville was probably too good in most sports and needed a challenge- but the way it went down was wrong.

Technically, Louisville did stay. If Louisville could find enough schools to start a conference, they can still use Northeastern Buckeye Conference as it's name if they wanted to because everyone else couldn't kick Louisville out of the league as they were one of the original members. That's why the seven other schools left the conference to form their own, the Eastern Buckeye Conference(how original :LOL:).
Exactly...

Round 2
I’ll take :
Carrolton
Canton South
Poland
WB
Alliance but the lions give the a game.
Marlington falls with the absence of their QB.

I be cheering hard for all ebc teams but they certainly got some tough Opponents:

Marion over Carrollton. I heard Marion is fast and have a great defense and may be the team to beat in that region.

Mentor LC over South in a very close game.. Mentor has not played a game since 9/25 so may be rusty. I would not be shocked if South wins this one.

Poland over Salem - Great rebuilding year for Salem but this will be the end of their play off run. But can still play 2 regular season games and have a great finish.

West Branch over East Liverpool - it's hard to beat a team twice and I am sure Liverpool will be ready. But WB will play better in this one and get the W.

Alliance to get its first win over the Lions. Minerva needs to prove they can at least slow down he passing game.

Marlington will struggle without their QB and Coventry is pretty good.

Good luck to all of the EBC teams.

This is a tough week for EBC schools. I think only win will come out of the EBC matchup. Poland, Marion-Franklin, & Lake Catholic are good enough to make it to regional semifinals or further, while Coventry is solid as well. As for WB, it's hard to beat a team twice. I think WB will start off slow & EL will be coming in with some momentum. I got Alliance over Minerva.

I really hope that when Minerva gets our once proud football program turned around that we carry with us an exceptional memory. I hope we remember things like that clown Whiting did tonight. Up four touchdowns with under a minute to play and you call two timeouts and run a hurry up offense to get that last score. Not shocking though, didn't look like any of our coaches said a dang thing. Hopefully coach Green will run our full court press when we are up 20 in the last minute come basketball season.

I don’t like questioning coaches- alliance deserved to win but that was terrible- this team has not improved in 2 years and the talent level is not that bad

I don’t like questioning coaches- alliance deserved to win but that was terrible- this team has not improved in 2 years and the talent level is not that bad

88, I've got a ton of respect for your opinion of the state of our program as well as every other Minerva poster but respectfully, it is past time to stop blaming everything on numbers and lack of athleticism. At some point and time I think it's completely fair to question the leadership of this football program. I am talking from the athletic director down to the strength coach, whomever that may be. This program doesn't stand a chance of ever regaining any footing until Albert is gone. I have no idea what he has done to still be in charge of this program, and make no mistake, he is the one that is in charge of this program. I don't believe for a second that the coaches are always responsible for a loss but I firmly believe they are responsible for how we lose. There are points in our games, too many to list, where we look like we are running a Chinese fire drill out there on the field. How in the world do you lose a football game routinely every week by five touchdowns or more and only throw the ball eight or nine times? And I really need someone to explain to me the lunacy of running off tackle plays 40 times a game into the teeth of an 11-man box. To me, that is complete and utter coaching incompetence!! I hope that there's somebody, quite frankly anybody, within our administration that will stand up for this program when the season ends in a few weeks and tackles the tough decisions that have to be made. I don't care who I pizz off with this post, my loyalty is to this school and especially to this football program and will always supersede any person in that school or on those sidelines.

Last edited:
I really hope that when Minerva gets our once proud football program turned around that we carry with us an exceptional memory. I hope we remember things like that clown Whiting did tonight. Up four touchdowns with under a minute to play and you call two timeouts and run a hurry up offense to get that last score. Not shocking though, didn't look like any of our coaches said a dang thing. Hopefully coach Green will run our full court press when we are up 20 in the last minute come basketball season.
Hurry up offense? You mean with 7 freshman on the field while Minerva still had their varsity defense on the field? It was 31-0 alliance subbed their 2nd string kids and then it became 31-7??

how about the time Alliance played their backup JV’s On defense with a running clock up 38-7 when Minerva had the ball backed up on their own 2 yard line. Coach called a Timeout and subbed to prevent a safety?? Minerva kept their varsity offense on the field and got garbage rushing yards against dudes against kids that typically play on Thursday.

good luck trying to press them in basketball lets how that works out for you.

Go Home

King, the irony is that Alex Albert has been fired 3 times since he was brought to Minerva by Don Spinell. They were college buddies I believe

Hurry up offense? You mean with 7 freshman on the field while Minerva still had their varsity defense on the field? It was 31-0 alliance subbed their 2nd string kids and then it became 31-7??

how about the time Alliance played their backup JV’s On defense with a running clock up 38-7 when Minerva had the ball backed up on their own 2 yard line. Coach called a Timeout and subbed to prevent a safety?? Minerva kept their varsity offense on the field and got garbage rushing yards against dudes against kids that typically play on Thursday.

Go Home
YES, IT WAS A HURRY UP OFFENSE. THAT'S PRETTY MUCH WHAT YOU CALL AN OFFENSE THAT DOESN'T HUDDLE AND RUNS STRAIGHT TO THE LINE TO RUN A PLAY. AND YES, WE HAD OUR FIRST TEAMERS OUT THERE AT THE END. IS YOUR VISION OKAY ENOUGH TO SEE WHAT IS ON OUR SIDELINES? WHO THE HECK DID YOU WANT US TO PUT IN THERE. WE DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF HAVING THIRD AND FOURTH TEAMERS. SO IF YOU THINK ANYTHING ABOUT THAT LAST DRIVE SHOWED ANY SEMBLANCE OF SPORTSMANSHIP, MY HOPE IS YOU'RE NOT A COACH. GO HOME.

King, the irony is that Alex Albert has been fired 3 times since he was brought to Minerva by Don Spinell. They were college buddies I believe
Mav, just once I would like to see us make a hire at our school where we just pool together a bunch of really super qualified candidates and choose the one that just blows the interview process out of the water and is the most qualified. Instead, the typical route we take is to hire people that have a connection with our superintendent, our AD, another coach......... Just ridiculous!

‘88 every other team in the EBC improved except Minerva. In fact, we have gotten worse
Yes we have gotten worse. I keep waiting and hoping for improvement- the team peaked in week 5 last year and has not improved since. The kids deserve better- I am not saying fire all of the coaches but they have do better or step down. The scary thing is this will be the best team Minerva will have for years..

Last edited:
Yes we have gotten worse. I keep waiting and hoping for improvement- the team peaked in week 5 last year and has not improved since. The kids deserve better- I am not saying fire all of the coaches but they have do better or step down. The scary thing is this will be the best team Minerva will have for years..
I have zero faith in the leadership of this football program. After all, this is the same AD and head coach that thought it was a brilliant idea to play playoff football last Friday night instead of scheduling a home game against a really winnable opponent, or at the very least, lose but play a competitive football game for 4 quarters.

A clown? What I see is a smart coaching decision, call the time out to get the younger kids all set up. If you do a mass subbing without a timeout it becomes a Cluster. Getting younger guys in to help build the future, getting them use to the bright lights of Friday night...

You saying he ran a no huddle offense, From the looks of it he was running his varsity Offense with younger dudes to see who he has coming up to be play makers.

A clown? What I see is a smart coaching decision, call the time out to get the younger kids all set up. If you do a mass subbing without a timeout it becomes a Cluster. Getting younger guys in to help build the future, getting them use to the bright lights of Friday night...

You saying he ran a no huddle offense, From the looks of it he was running his varsity Offense with younger dudes to see who he has coming up to be play makers.
I respect that point of view 4th but I will also respectfully agree to disagree. If you believe that you can "build a program" by running up the score with a less than a minute in a game that has a running clock and scoring garbage points then I respect your opinion, don't agree but you are entitled to it. I personally think that there is quite a few things that Whiting could have "taught" his kids in that moment and none of them have anything to do with the X's and O's of football. Good luck to yall the rest of the way. By the way, if Whiting came available, as hypocritical as it sounds, I would hope Minerva would hire him or Johnson from Salem in a nano second.

Go Home
Alliance’s backup quarterback looks like he he going to be a good one too. Is he a freshman? Some really good young players on that team, the cupboard certainly isn’t bare.. I personally didn’t think Alliance did anything wrong-

I respect that point of view 4th but I will also respectfully agree to disagree. If you believe that you can "build a program" by running up the score with a less than a minute in a game that has a running clock and scoring garbage points then I respect your opinion, don't agree but you are entitled to it. I personally think that there is quite a few things that Whiting could have "taught" his kids in that moment and none of them have anything to do with the X's and O's of football. Good luck to yall the rest of the way. By the way, if Whiting came available, as hypocritical as it sounds, I would hope Minerva would hire him or Johnson from Salem in a nano second.

Minerva needs a young hungry coach in there...

You are correct, this is similar to the schools in the old MVC leaving Warren JFK and the SVC leaving Ursuline and Mooney. Those schools were left with the league names and titles forever because the other schools were quitters and the teachers union told them public schools were not allowed to be in a league with private schools.

YES, IT WAS A HURRY UP OFFENSE. THAT'S PRETTY MUCH WHAT YOU CALL AN OFFENSE THAT DOESN'T HUDDLE AND RUNS STRAIGHT TO THE LINE TO RUN A PLAY. AND YES, WE HAD OUR FIRST TEAMERS OUT THERE AT THE END. IS YOUR VISION OKAY ENOUGH TO SEE WHAT IS ON OUR SIDELINES? WHO THE HECK DID YOU WANT US TO PUT IN THERE. WE DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF HAVING THIRD AND FOURTH TEAMERS. SO IF YOU THINK ANYTHING ABOUT THAT LAST DRIVE SHOWED ANY SEMBLANCE OF SPORTSMANSHIP, MY HOPE IS YOU'RE NOT A COACH. GO HOME.

First of all I’m not a coach, If you want more info please private message me.

2nd if you really think alliance did anything wrong I can see why Minerva is 1-57 the past 6 years. Alliance literally had freshman and sophomores playing against their varsity first team at the end of the game.

I attended the Minerva/Alliance JV game today and I have to say this if I was a Minerva parent I would transfer my son out of there as fast as possible.

Minerva had the ball at their own 25 yard line on 4th and 11. Rather than throwing a pass downfield or a screen or the excuse of “we can’t punt”. They ran a QB SNEAK.... I’ve seen it all now. Whoever called that play needs fired immediately.

JV football is about developing players to play on Friday nights and running FB dives and QB keeps and not running their true offense shows their is major flaw within their program. Why couldn’t they just run true triple option like they did on Friday night? It’s like they didn’t even want to be there.

Their coaches all need fired and Minerva needs to bring in a young hungry coach that will bring excitement to the program and not a retired guy looking for a pension boost. Look at your past. The best coach Minerva has had in the last 20 years was Yeagley. Look at your Basketball program. Coach Green was hired as young hungry dude. Yeagley struggled the first few years but he built them into a League contender.

It’s really sad. No one expected to go undefeated but it’s not unreasonable to expect a team to improve from one week to the next or from the beginning of a season to the end.

Minerva needs a young coach in there is the truth....

Minerva can compete in league with other sports but not football????? its the dang coaching

Coach Yeagley needs to get out of the office at MHS and help find a great young coach.

Find a coach that is willing to build the program and the kids up, also a coach thats not afraid to stay extra hours to make sure the program is improving...

In the area teams I tip my hat to Coach Whiting and his staff. From the people I hear in the Alliance Community is You will see Whiting or one of his staff members at a JV, Freshmen, 8th grade, 7th grade, and youth football games. Talking to kids, knowing the kids names down to the youth names. Got to find people that aren't afraid to build the program as a whole. HS football coaches dont make a lot but you coach HS or MS to build kids to be better in life. You coach to make your passion for the game and get your athletes to have the same passion..

And if what Infidel said is right then these coaches are hurting these kids more than helping them....

First of all I’m not a coach, If you want more info please private message me.

2nd if you really think alliance did anything wrong I can see why Minerva is 1-57 the past 6 years. Alliance literally had freshman and sophomores playing against their varsity first team at the end of the game.

I attended the Minerva/Alliance JV game today and I have to say this if I was a Minerva parent I would transfer my son out of there as fast as possible.

Minerva had the ball at their own 25 yard line on 4th and 11. Rather than throwing a pass downfield or a screen or the excuse of “we can’t punt”. They ran a QB SNEAK.... I’ve seen it all now. Whoever called that play needs fired immediately.

JV football is about developing players to play on Friday nights and running FB dives and QB keeps and not running their true offense shows their is major flaw within their program. Why couldn’t they just run true triple option like they did on Friday night? It’s like they didn’t even want to be there.

Their coaches all need fired and Minerva needs to bring in a young hungry coach that will bring excitement to the program and not a retired guy looking for a pension boost. Look at your past. The best coach Minerva has had in the last 20 years was Yeagley. Look at your Basketball program. Coach Green was hired as young hungry dude. Yeagley struggled the first few years but he built them into a League contender.

If you believe what Alliance did was okay, then I can see why Alliance underachieves every year even though they have the most talent in the conference. I think I'll take a hard pass on taking advice from someone who has Saddam Hussein as their profile picture.

Minerva needs a young coach in there is the truth....

Minerva can compete in league with other sports but not football????? its the dang coaching

Coach Yeagley needs to get out of the office at MHS and help find a great young coach.

Find a coach that is willing to build the program and the kids up, also a coach thats not afraid to stay extra hours to make sure the program is improving...

In the area teams I tip my hat to Coach Whiting and his staff. From the people I hear in the Alliance Community is You will see Whiting or one of his staff members at a JV, Freshmen, 8th grade, 7th grade, and youth football games. Talking to kids, knowing the kids names down to the youth names. Got to find people that aren't afraid to build the program as a whole. HS football coaches dont make a lot but you coach HS or MS to build kids to be better in life. You coach to make your passion for the game and get your athletes to have the same passion..

And if what Infidel said is right then these coaches are hurting these kids more than helping them....

Alliance is 1-7 and possessed without question the most talent in the league at the start of the season. Their season is truly baffling

I am watching the West Branch vs East Liverpool game right now. I haven't seen West Branch play in person since week 2 in 2003, after having seeing them play 5 times in person in like 7 years. I am not even sure the last time West Branch was the GOTW in Youngstown, I want to say maybe they did Salem vs West Branch on a Saturday or Thursday, definitely not a Friday. Just checked and it was a Saturday, I know it was definitely shown week 10 of 2016, not sure of any other times.

When both teams are winless and the team in the lead has on freshman, JVs, and seniors who don't play in the game I don't think you can be mad. That's a coach keeping his young guys bought into the program in a rough year, nothing more than that and no disrespect towards Minerva