D1 Region 4 Round 2 Pick'em

Elder 26
Princeton 21

Final

Elder converted a huge fourth down in the red zone and then threw an interception. Princeton hit some deep balls and got down to the Elder 5, but fumbled it away. Ball game. Both teams made their fair share of mistakes - this was pretty much an even matchup.

Elder ran a lot of good misdirection stuff, counters, wildcats, sweeps that gave Princeton fits, much like Sycamore did against the Vikes earlier in the year.

Elder 26
Princeton 21

Final

Elder converted a huge fourth down in the red zone and then threw an interception. Princeton hit some deep balls and got down to the Elder 5, but fumbled it away. Ball game. Both teams made their fair share of mistakes - this was pretty much an even matchup.

Elder ran a lot of good misdirection stuff, counters, wildcats, sweeps that gave Princeton fits, much like Sycamore did against the Vikes earlier in the year.

Very impressed with my Vikes this year. Still have some work to do with coaching but definitely a better year than the last 3 years. Discipline is still something my Vikes can work on. We bring back a lot on both sides of the ball for next year with Lynn, Harris and some really good defensive players. The coaches have to figure something out with the misdirection stuff on defense. But I will give them a B- on the year

Very impressed with my Vikes this year. Still have some work to do with coaching but definitely a better year than the last 3 years. Discipline is still something my Vikes can work on. We bring back a lot on both sides of the ball for next year with Lynn, Harris and some really good defensive players. The coaches have to figure something out with the misdirection stuff on defense. But I will give them a B- on the year
Tons of talent coming back and moving up from freshman and jv teams , coaches need to improve and get something going with special teams , great season with what they lost last year 4 kids to D-1 schools and 6 others to D-2 schools, they are 2 years away at making a run towards state championship the freshman class is loaded with talent and size

Tons of talent coming back and moving up from freshman and jv teams , coaches need to improve and get something going with special teams , great season with what they lost last year 4 kids to D-1 schools and 6 others to D-2 schools, they are 2 years away at making a run towards state championship the freshman class is loaded with talent and size
How about focusing on winning the GMC? Until Princeton gets an OC with a intermediate passing game they will struggle to beat the good teams. You put scheme with their athleticism and they will be tough. Right now all they rely on is athleticism. They underachieved last year and did the same this year.

Last edited: