Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Elder has 9 kids from east side schools in current Frosh class. Just saying.
Way to own the eastside for elder, pboy!
1602290300323.jpeg

Slow Joe has ruined the last three teams. Look at their freshman and vj records. Then they come to him . Needs to give it up and let Tim Austin take over, and you see immediate changes. I have season tickets and bring a friend a few times a year. He thinks he is the worst coach he has ever seen. He gave him the name Slow Joe , his style of play.

Slow Joe has ruined the last three teams. Look at their freshman and vj records. Then they come to him . Needs to give it up and let Tim Austin take over, and you see immediate changes. I have season tickets and bring a friend a few times a year. He thinks he is the worst coach he has ever seen. He gave him the name Slow Joe , his style of play.
The 2019 and 2018 classes were average at the lower levels. The 2020 class was decent but they lost some good players to other sports.

And you seem to not know how tight Austing is with Schoenfeld. He’s never going to take the job if it means stepping over him.

If Elder isn’t a better all around team this yr, then your criticism is valid. This Elder team has too much talent not to win 15+ games and make a run to at least Dayton, if not beyond.

Yawn

Will try again, what makes you think Coach Joe will change his style of Basketball after 30 yrs? Austing still Coaching? You think Austing would try same style he used while at Fairfield? If so would work with the Players Elder current has?

Austing left Elder.wattingfor slow Joe to retire
That’s not at all why he left Elder’s staff. His son graduated and he’s still a full time teacher at FF. You might not realize this, but trying to make practice on time while coming from FF near rush hr is a . He might take over after JS retires, but he’s not going to do it unless JS leaves on his own accord. It’s just not going to happen.

Why should slow Joe stay if he is not winning? Ad needs to grow a sack and tell him it is time to go
He hasn’t had talent the past few yrs. Frankly, getting to Dayton in 2018 & 2019 were massive overachievements.

We’re going around in circles, but check back in February. If they’re not a much improved team, then you can put that on coaching. There’s not going to be an extended football season, as far as I know, every key underclassman from last yr is playing, so there’s no reason for them not to be a clear #2 team in the city behind Moeller.

Why should slow Joe stay if he is not winning? Ad needs to grow a sack and tell him it is time to go

Need to be at least 65 I believe to get max retirement from AoC. Coach Joe has definitely earned that. Think the AD has done a pretty good job, especially during a pandemic and all the new rules and regulations as of late. Why do you keep your season tickets? How long you or your family had them?

Need to be at least 65 I believe to get max retirement from AoC. Coach Joe has definitely earned that. Think the AD has done a pretty good job, especially during a pandemic and all the new rules and regulations as of late. Why do you keep your season tickets? How long you or your family had them?

I agree that he has earned that, but he could still remain a teacher and part of the basketball staff to earn his full retirement. I’m sure he loves doing it, but some change in philosophy, especially on offense, would probably help some.

He hasn’t had talent the past few yrs. Frankly, getting to Dayton in 2018 & 2019 were massive overachievements.

We’re going around in circles, but check back in February. If they’re not a much improved team, then you can put that on coaching. There’s not going to be an extended football season, as far as I know, every key underclassman from last yr is playing, so there’s no reason for them not to be a clear #2 team in the city behind Moeller.

Lakota East will have something to say about that. Does LaSalle have alot coming back?

This should be Elders best team in a long time. No excuses this year. This is the year they’ve been waiting for.

I agree that he has earned that, but he could still remain a teacher and part of the basketball staff to earn his full retirement. I’m sure he loves doing it, but some change in philosophy, especially on offense, would probably help some.

If Coach Joe would be removed as Head Coach but allowed to Teach and be part of the Basketball Staff what would be the point of removing him as Head Coach?

If Coach Joe would be removed as Head Coach but allowed to Teach and be part of the Basketball Staff what would be the point of removing him as Head Coach?

so someone else could potentially install a new offensive philosophy. He’d still be a great part of the staff to teach the kids the game.

If not that, then at least push to have him open up the offensive tempo. If the change isn’t the head coach, then change up the offense.

They’ve got a lot of talent in these two grades. This is the year to make a run.

Last edited:
Also, football will probably be done well before tryouts even start, so everyone will be completely available for a full season.

That should allow them to set a rotation from game 1, and they won’t have to tinker with it half way through the season.

They’ve got very good starters (Keller, Harp, Larkins, Miller) - and very good potential bench/role players (Busam, Kirch, Nieman). I feel like I’m also missing some guys.

so someone else could potentially install a new offensive philosophy. He’d still be a great part of the staff to teach the kids the game.

If not that, then at least push to have him open up the offensive tempo. If the change isn’t the head coach, then change up the offense.

They’ve got a lot of talent in these two grades. This is the year to make a run.

I don’t disagree with any of this except the removal from HC but remain on Staff. I just don’t see any changes coming from Coach Joe or Elder. Guess we will start to find some things out about a Coaching style change on the 23rd or shortly after.
The Football/Basketball players could have a Football Game on the 23rd so your last post is not very accurate.

I think Coach does a great job, but even the best supporter can realize that the offensive philosophy can be an eye sore at times.

I’m really exited about this season. They have a good, deep team. Let your best players play the most minutes and supplement them with a really solid core of role players.

Don't get me wrong Joe is great teacher of basketball and is a asset to the coaching staff, he needs to change is game plan. Quit slowing the game down. When they are down by 15 or more they don't have a game plan to get back in the game. Joe wants all games to in the 40 range and close. He has great defence game plan. Just need to speed the game up. I think this is the team that can do it. Very much talent on this team with some shooters.

Don't get me wrong Joe is great teacher of basketball and is a asset to the coaching staff, he needs to change is game plain. Quit slowing the game down. When they are down by 15 or more they don't have a game plain to get back in the game. Joe wants all games to in the 40 range and close. He great fe

I don’t disagree with any of this except the removal from HC but remain on Staff. I just don’t see any changes coming from Coach Joe or Elder. Guess we will start to find some things out about a Coaching style change on the 23rd or shortly after.
The Football/Basketball players could have a Football Game on the 23rd so your last post is not very accurate.

Sure they could make the state finals again and play into late November - possible but not likely. Just saying that’s probably not likely to happen. Silver lining to that is that all of your basketball players are ready to go when the season starts. You like to make enemies don’t you?

Don't get me wrong Joe is great teacher of basketball and is a asset to the coaching staff, he needs to change is game plan. Quit slowing the game down. When they are down by 15 or more they don't have a game plan to get back in the game. Joe wants all games to in the 40 range and close. He has great defence game plan. Just need to speed the game up. I think this is the team that can do it. Very much talent on this team with some shooters.

Interesting. A guy who needs to change his game plan/style but is an asset to the Basketball Coaching Staff. Should Coach Joe show up for practice if he still has the same style/game plan as every other yr?

Trey you on your 8th screen name?

Sure they could make the state finals again and play into late November - possible but not likely. Just saying that’s probably not likely to happen. Silver lining to that is that all of your basketball players are ready to go when the season starts. You like to make enemies don’t you?

No I like to think the Football Team will have a Game when Basketball really starts but guess you think Football will lose this Friday or you have no clue how the Seasons actually work in HS sports in Ohio. Basketball Starts on the 23rd, not in November

No I like to think the Football Team will have a Game when Basketball really starts but guess you think Football will lose this Friday or you have no clue how the Seasons actually work in HS sports in Ohio. Basketball Starts on the 23rd, not in November

Damn, did someone pea in your Wheatey’s this morning? I think you know what I mean.

Big difference with kids likely starting up in late October vs late November or early December like last year. The games don’t usually start until the early part of December.

Interesting. A guy who needs to change his game plan/style but is an asset to the Basketball Coaching Staff. Should Coach Joe show up for practice if he still has the same style/game plan as every other yr?

Trey you on your 8th screen name?

Seriously, why the attitude?

Most Elder basketball followers would agree that the offense the past 5 years or so hasn’t exactly been the prettiest? I would agree that it could be improved with a more open style, and especially this year with better players. I think they could have done it last year too.

Smarty, since you seem to take offense to anyone questioning their offense, I assume you do that because you played for Coach and the team at some point?