5-0 Wauseon at 5-0 Archbold Battle for NWOAL Title

Fayette79

Huge game Friday in Archbold at Blue Streak Stadium.

Which team has the mental toughness to survive 4 Quarters and come out on top?

As I said on another thread...Indians dominate line of scrimmage and pull away in 2nd half 35-14.

I think all games on WOSN and WNHO are replayed at some point. Pretty cool that it will be shown live on WNHO, though.

Penrod has kept plays alive with his legs a lot this season, many times he has been dead to rights and somehow slips away and makes something happen. He has spread the ball around well to Tester and Armstrong but the constant deep threat of Smith has really opened up their offense. Establishing the run with Britsch behind their improved offensive line could be the difference. While Wauseon is definitely explosive, if they can slow the game down when they need to and churn out some first downs they have a good chance.
On the other side, Newman has been very efficient with his passing getting the ball out to Taylor and Cruz while emerging as more of a running threat also. Gomez and Hogrefe turn out solid yards almost every time they touch the ball. In their biggest test so far, Liberty Center(who was without several lineman and their #2 rusher) was able to grind out a lot of rushing yards which set up the play action.

Good lil tune up for Archbold before they embark on their title quest as they would have to be the hands on favorite in D6

Hands on favorite in Region 22 for sure
Slow down...we both know and you even said on here that LC was not full go the first time around with the Streaks and LC still had a chance to win.

If they somehow upset Wauseon tomorrow night then maybe I will jump on that "Favorite" bandwagon...but...they are not anywhere close to as good as they were on the offensive and defensive lines last year. Not to mention that playing Delta, Evergreen, and Swanton aren't measuring sticks for a title run.

Slow down...we both know and you even said on here that LC was not full go the first time around with the Streaks and LC still had a chance to win.

If they somehow upset Wauseon tomorrow night then maybe I will jump on that "Favorite" bandwagon...but...they are not anywhere close to as good as they were on the offensive and defensive lines last year. Not to mention that playing Delta, Evergreen, and Swanton aren't measuring sticks for a title run.
I'm with you but what they have returning and what they have done this year I would have them as my #1 seed and favorite to win the region.

Anyone from Archbold know the status of #12? I wasn't sure of his situation and how things were working with the shortened season.

Interesting on the Prognosticators earlier this morning...

Johnny picked the Streaks while Maxell picked the Indians.

Hope it's a great game tonight. May drive over and watch from outside the fence if I can...lol

Wow!!

What a game. Thought I had called it correct with the line play in first half when Archbold was down 21-0.

Streaks didn't quit...both teams left it on the field. Great rivalry game.

Congrats to Archbold. Watched that game again this morning after having some coffee with the Downtown Coaches here in Wauseon...lol

Kudos to the Archbold coaching staff for keeping their kids heads in the game when down 21-0 in 2nd quarter.

I see #12 played and had a big game!
97F58A40-AD32-43CF-BD12-B9F13DC159A3.jpeg