The Centerville Elk versus The Huber Heights Wayne Warriors

28-23 Wayne....

Please, somebody tell me why you do not go for two in this situation. What is the difference being up by 4 or 5, but 6 is a big deal.

Sack, fumble..... recovered by Wayne.... flag on the play against Wayne.... post penalty for celebration.... I'll let them have that.

Wayne outlasts Centerville in an amazing rivalry game! Great comeback by Wayne. Excellent try for Centerville. Hope both the ELKS and the WARRIORS can meet again in the playoffs. This rivalry is alive and well!

Total Yards: Wayne 415 Centerville 371
passing yards: Wayne 11/26 for 175 Centerville 24/41 for 268
rushing: Wayne 31-240 Centerville 28-103
turnovers Wayne 1 Centerville 1
Penalties Wayne 12-143 Centerville 9-111

I don't understand why the Elks D was not in a deep cover 3 or 4 to stop the long ball on that last drive and play. It should have been an easy win for Centerville.

I don't understand why the Elks D was not in a deep cover 3 or 4 to stop the long ball on that last drive and play. It should have been an easy win for Centerville.

A FG would of won the game and Wayne had driven to the ELKS 35. You could not play soft and allow a 15 yard completion at that point of the game.

A FG would of won the game and Wayne had driven to the ELKS 35. You could not play soft and allow a 15 yard completion at that point of the game.
I disagree. Your FG kicker had to be inside the 10 yd line to have a chance with their limited range. You can't give up a TD pass in the end zone with 16 seconds left. No pressure on the QB, CB is playing man press coverage, and NO SAFETY over the top. All Bad!!

I disagree. Your FG kicker had to be inside the 10 yd line to have a chance with their limited range. You can't give up a TD pass in the end zone with 16 seconds left. No pressure on the QB, CB is playing man press coverage, and NO SAFETY over the top. All Bad!!

Play soft and they may have been inside the 10.... The Wayne kicker is capable of drilling a 35 to 40 YD FG but we will never know.

I don't know. I've used it for years now but I can't say it was original. I do remember using it in response to the "Dayton Wayne" moniker assigned to the Warriors. There have been a few other things Wayne has been called too but I will not remind you of them. Some were very irritating.
Random, but also related: I was digging through old OHSAA rankings to input division/region info into my spreadsheet tracking Stebbins football history, and was surprised to see things like Dayton Stebbins, Dayton Wayne, and Xenia Beavercreek. It took me a few minutes before I realized it's because Riverside (1994), Huber Heights (1980), and Beavercreek (1981?) were not yet cities! Centerville, however, incorporated in 1968.